From a cost to value perspective this is exceptional value.
I stayed her on two different occasions for a total of 5 days.
It is a great looking hotel with an amazing lobby, with a lovely water feature inside the cocktail bar,
and reasonably priced shop to stock your own mini bar.
We stayed here for its easy access to the airport and Gaya Island from the marina. We were pleasantly surprised with the fantastic pools on offer, the very friendly and polite staff, and excellent happy hours not only at the pools but neighbouring sites.
The first night we checked in at 1.30am and it was smooth and easy. Checkouts were no problem, and plenty of staff to assist.
The second check in experience was still good, however I did discover a lolly wrapper near the arm chair (that wasn't mine), and what looked to be a stain on the mattress protector glowing through the clean sheets. Neither points are a reason to not stay here again.
On check in you may receive some vouchers for Jugs sports bar. We didn't receive this the first time we checked in. Although a nice gesture the beer is served in the beer equivalent of a shot glass, hardly worth your effort. If your staying at the Pacific Sutera, Jugs is likely not your style of venue, and for the caliber of hotel I wouldn't don't think it adds value... my experience it was too noisy, too smokey, and something you would find in the KK city. Fortunately you don't hear the noise from your room or inside the hotel.
Our room was purchased several months in advance and came with a nice discount of approximately 20% reducing the price to AUD $95. The golf room was cheaper and i would be very happy to get a deluxe golf view room again. I found it really interesting watching the golfers and aeroplanes from this view. The sea view is nice too if your happy to pay a bit more.
The hotel also offers very reasonable transfers into KK on the bus for 3 ringet return which will take approximately 20 minutes. Taxi one way will coast 15 ringet.
Would i go back again, without a doubt!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sutera Harbour Resort is Malaysia’s foremost premier integrated property. The resort encompasses the luxurious accommodation of The Pacific Sutera and The Magellan Sutera hotels, a 27-hole championship golf course, Sutera Harbour Marina & Country Club, two Mandara Spas and a host of dining and recreational facilities. Sutera Harbour Resort is also affiliated with 5 other eco-destinations in Sabah managed through Sutera Sanctuary Lodges including Kinabalu Park, Mesilau Nature Resort, Laban Rata, Poring Hot Spring & Nature Reserve and Manukan Island Resort. The resort also offers a luxury charter division, North Borneo Yachting and steam locomotive through North Borneo Railway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera And The Magellan Sutera)
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) Hotel
- Sutera Harbour Hotel
- Sutera Harbour Kota Kinabalu
- Magellan Sutera
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) Kota Kinabalu, Sabah