We checked into the Sutera Harbour Resort on 6/10/12 and was given room 6342. At 11 pm when we were about to retire, there was a black out and a strong burning smell of plastic in the room. We made many frantic calls to the reception but it took 20 minutes before a technician came to check on the room. We were told to wait 1 hour for him to change the burnt motor of the air-con.
The management did not appear to be concerned about the safety of the guests. If the fire alarm did not ring, does it mean that they can ignore the room guests even they keep calling for help?
As we could't wait for 1 hour so we asked to change to another room. Again we had to make many calls to enquire and the reception kept telling us to wait. It took them another 40 minutes to find a room for us, after we asked for MERCY to put us somewhere.
The management was not interested to help when it was already 12 am in the morning.
We were then taken to room 6456 but the room was locked fr inside. The bell-boy used the master key to open the door and OMG, the room was occupied! But there was no record of this guest in the hotel computer system.
We were again taken to another room, No. 6161 and there was a note 'DO NOT DISTURB' on the door. Again, there was no record of the occupant in the hotel computer system. Finally were taken to another room in the Harbour Wing, No. 7519. It was already 1 am in the morning and we have been taken on a merry-go-round in the hotel for 1 hour.
Worst of all. We wrote to the management to lodge a complain but they chose to ignore.
I would say the management is inefficient, rude and arrogant.
I fear for my security if I should stay there again. Anyone can just stay in the guest rooms without the management's knowledge, or your door can be opened by the bell-boy in the middle of the night
Hardware is good but software is horrible. Lousy people managing the Hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sutera Harbour Resort is Malaysia’s foremost premier integrated property. The resort encompasses the luxurious accommodation of The Pacific Sutera and The Magellan Sutera hotels, a 27-hole championship golf course, Sutera Harbour Marina & Country Club, two Mandara Spas and a host of dining and recreational facilities. Sutera Harbour Resort is also affiliated with 5 other eco-destinations in Sabah managed through Sutera Sanctuary Lodges including Kinabalu Park, Mesilau Nature Resort, Laban Rata, Poring Hot Spring & Nature Reserve and Manukan Island Resort. The resort also offers a luxury charter division, North Borneo Yachting and steam locomotive through North Borneo Railway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera And The Magellan Sutera)
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) Hotel
- Sutera Harbour Hotel
- Sutera Harbour Kota Kinabalu
- Magellan Sutera
- Sutera Harbour Resort (The Pacific Sutera & The Magellan Sutera) Kota Kinabalu, Sabah