We arrived at Hyatt Regency Kinabalu at about 9:30pm after our Mt Kinabalu climb. The check-in went pretty smoothly. The front desk mentioned that we had by default booked for twin bedders and they were glad to help us change it to King. There were internet in the room as well and that was totally welcome since we had no chance to check our emails in the two days that we were up on the mountain. We were given our room cards all within 10 minutes.
We checked into our room, freshened up, then book for our massage the next day, and finally, dinner for the night.
Overall, the décor of the hotel was nothing to crow about. The carpet along the corridor looked due for replacement and the hotel in general needs a bit of sprucing up. Once we opened the door to the room though, I was not complaining as it was newly renovated and the room consisted of a small living area with two single sofa and a coffee table. They even had a work table. The wash, bath and toilet area were pretty well contained. There were wooden sliding doors that helped to separate the sleeping and the washing area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience five-star Sabahan hospitality at Hyatt Regency Kinabalu, the premier choice for business and leisure travellers to Sabah, the Land Below the Wind. This luxury hotel in Sabah is a mere 15 minutes drive from Kota Kinabalu International Airport, offering a central location in the heart of the city close to tourist attractions and stunning views of the famed sunsets in Kota Kinabalu. Unwind in one of our 288 spacious rooms and suites all exquisitely designed with sophisticated comfort in mind plus some of the best views in Kota Kinabalu including those of the sparkling South China Sea or the Kinabalu city surroundings. Dining options at our three Kinabalu restaurants and bars are a food aficionado's delight with some of the best food the city has to offer. Be it a dip in the blue waters of the outdoor pool, a relaxing massage at the Avantang Spa and fitness centre or a party at our Shenanigan's Fun Pub, our Kota Kinabalu hotel in Sabah has it all for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Kinabalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Kinabalu Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Hyatt Regency Kota Kinabalu
- Hyatt Kota Kinabalu
- Hyatt Regency Kinabalu Kota Kinabalu, Sabah