The hotel looked unappealing from outside as it didn't have a grand driveway; but once you were inside, it's OK. Porter service was efficient and good and we could leave some of our luggage under their care while we hiked Mt. KK with minimal carry-on.
As we stayed for 2 separate nights during our 4-day stay in KK, we got to live in two different types of room. The first stay was in a traditional room with window facing the adjacent building for parking, no view but the room was spacious and with good design and layout, with amenities that served the purpose.
The second stay was in a room with open bath concept plus a balcony overlooking the atrium. The room was also spacious but the design of the bathroom was so impractical that it was a bit annoying. The marble basin in the middle was obstructing entrance into the bathroom which meant you had to completely push open the two sliding doors before you could enter comfortably. Splashing water from the washing basin will wet the bedroom floor if the sliding doors were left open. The kettle stand was fixed in a drawer that it was not convenient to use and you couldn't close the sliding door when making coffee or tea.
The scaffolding supporting the canopy inside the atrium was hanging down onto some of the balconies, so if you went out in the night (when it was dark) you might bump your head onto one of the beams. In the morning, one could hear the clinking of cutlery from below the atrium where breakfast was being served. It would be perfect if the design of this particular room type could be modified and improved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience five-star Sabahan hospitality at Hyatt Regency Kinabalu, the premier choice for business and leisure travellers to Sabah, the Land Below the Wind. This luxury hotel in Sabah is a mere 15 minutes drive from Kota Kinabalu International Airport, offering a central location in the heart of the city close to tourist attractions and stunning views of the famed sunsets in Kota Kinabalu. Unwind in one of our 288 spacious rooms and suites all exquisitely designed with sophisticated comfort in mind plus some of the best views in Kota Kinabalu including those of the sparkling South China Sea or the Kinabalu city surroundings. Dining options at our three Kinabalu restaurants and bars are a food aficionado's delight with some of the best food the city has to offer. Be it a dip in the blue waters of the outdoor pool, a relaxing massage at the Avantang Spa and fitness centre or a party at our Shenanigan's Fun Pub, our Kota Kinabalu hotel in Sabah has it all for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Kinabalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Kinabalu Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Hyatt Regency Kota Kinabalu
- Hyatt Kota Kinabalu
- Hyatt Regency Kinabalu Kota Kinabalu, Sabah