Hyatt Regency, Kota Kinabalu once again sets the pace of other luxury hoteliers; standing fast to the theory that if you can afford luxury accommodation, Hyatt can and will provide it. From reception desk to the friendly bartenders, chef’s and cooks to the housemaids, Hyatt here in Borneo is as good as all other Hyatt’s, trying to keep pace with Manila Hyatt/Casino Hotel, which I believe sets the standards of all Hyatt Regency Hotels right around Southeast Asia. I say all these good things about Hyatt Regency with the exception and disappointment they have lost my corporate account, which I had for a little over 5 years.
Located right in the heart of Kota Kinabalu along the docks with great sunset views (if you are lucky to get a room on the west side of the Hotel), there are the usual spas and exercise equipment located in a area on the first floor so you can maintain your fitness while watching splendid sunsets. It seems hundreds of local eateries are in the Hyatt area of Kota Kinabalu. A stroll along the jetty and promenade will take you to some of the best seafood found in Sabah Borneo. If you would like a adult beverage with your meal or relaxation time be prepared to pay dearly for the privilege of even a beer. Malaysian is a Islamic State and taxation on alcohol is almost prohibitive, quite often you will find the price of a drink more expensive than your main dinner fare.
Hyatt Regency, never a disappointment (with the exception of lost corporate accounts).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience five-star Sabahan hospitality at Hyatt Regency Kinabalu, the premier choice for business and leisure travellers to Sabah, the Land Below the Wind. This luxury hotel in Sabah is a mere 15 minutes drive from Kota Kinabalu International Airport, offering a central location in the heart of the city close to tourist attractions and stunning views of the famed sunsets in Kota Kinabalu. Unwind in one of our 288 spacious rooms and suites all exquisitely designed with sophisticated comfort in mind plus some of the best views in Kota Kinabalu including those of the sparkling South China Sea or the Kinabalu city surroundings. Dining options at our three Kinabalu restaurants and bars are a food aficionado's delight with some of the best food the city has to offer. Be it a dip in the blue waters of the outdoor pool, a relaxing massage at the Avantang Spa and fitness centre or a party at our Shenanigan's Fun Pub, our Kota Kinabalu hotel in Sabah has it all for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Splitty, Agoda, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hyatt Regency Kinabalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Kinabalu Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Hyatt Regency Kota Kinabalu
- Hyatt Kota Kinabalu
- Hyatt Regency Kinabalu Kota Kinabalu, Sabah