My wife & I have recently returned from a 13 night stay at th STAR, returning for the second time, after 12 months. I must say there have been some inprovements made, since we were last there.
Management have introduced a "Happy Hour" @ the Sunset Bar, where drinks are 2 for 1 & with one of dislikes being drink prices, this was a real plus. Also during the day, at the pool, there was a daily special on a coulpe of drink option & poolside snacks. Another welcome change. Putt- putt golf was now free of charge, as were a couple of other activities.
Service was great, right from the start, with Jessie doing a fantastic job at making us feel welcome at check-in, even though we made her walk from one end of the hotel, to the other, in her heels, as we took the option of upgrading our room.
The start of the day was something to look forward to, with such a spectacular buffet breakfast waiting for you. There was everything you could imagine, although at our first breakfast, my wife mentioned there wasn't any vegimite. Next morning, there was the ever smiling, ever helpful, Royston, with a plate containing some sachets of vegimite. This was the sort of service we received form him & Arif, all holiday.
Overall, the staff were always smiling & could do enough to ensure our holiday was enjoyed, and it certainly was. We're both looking forward till we can once again walk in paradice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A paradise for the senses surrounded by natural beautyA gentle breeze caresses your face as you wake to the sound of waves lapping the beach. The balcony opens up to an inspiring vista of sparkling coral islands and swaying of palm trees. Tunku Abdul Rahman Park, bordered by crystal clear waters and lush vegetation Sophistication surrounds you in a lavishly decorated suite inspired by Borneo’s rich cultural heritage. Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa, Kota Kinabalu, is a perfect tropical getaway, a luxurious tranquil retreat just a short drive from the city.Yet, excitement beckons as you set out to discover all Kota Kinabalu’s delights. Making your way to Kinabalu National Park, you are thrust into a jungle paradise of natural wonders, rugged landscapes and scenic beauty. From the Rafflesia, the largest flower in the world, to the famous Orangutans in their natural habitat, it only gets more breathtaking every step of the way.The afternoon is spent exploring the picturesque town of Kota Belud. As Sabah’s largest and most popular open market, you find gems of all sorts, ranging from handmade handicrafts to mouth-watering local delights like natural honey.Back at the resort, you look forward to a sunset cruise, which departs from STAR Marina, to catch Borneo's famous sunset. Not long after, you wind down at Coco-Joe’s Bar & Grill. Lounging atop one of the beach-dining platforms, over cocktails and a delectable seafood tower, you continue to enjoy the sound of overlapping waves on the shores of Sunset Beach. A pampering session at CHI, The Spa rounds off the day. With treatments based on traditional Asian healing philosophies, you lose yourself in an enchanted and indulgent journey, all on the resort’s private spa island.For every experience here, you are surrounded by natural beauty. And it all begins at Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa, Kota Kinabalu ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Resort And Spa
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Resort
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Hotel
- Shangri La Kota Kinabalu
- Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa Kota Kinabalu, Sabah