4,048 results
All reviewskinabalu wingsunset barkinabalu clubcafe tatucoco joeschi spastar marinawater slidesborneo loungehorizon clubsister hotelpitch and puttkids clubinfinity poolclub roomlife guardsour honeymoon
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Having just left KL after 3 days of shopping. I was looking forward to a rest and got it. As soon as I arrived the people was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was plenty but it was very busy so get there by 9. We went out to eat there is only the horker where to locals eat very cheap and a eye opener. We went to KK by taxi 30ringits each way. The only thing that the hotel should do is having a bus from the hotel into KK. Overall all a good hotel to have a rest.

Room Tip: If you have not got children get a room away from the children pool.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Excellent hotel in a spectacular location. The facilities, particularly the infinity pool with separate sections for adults and children was great. Although my kids are now grown up, the screams and laughter coming from the children's pool and it's assorted flumes, buckets etc certainly seemed to be fitting the bill. Beach areas and bars were all spotless with a good range of food and beverages. All of the staff, without exception were incredibly polite, friendly and efficient. It is very expensive but you definitely get what you pay for.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Wonderful, we had two kids (10&12) so adjoining rooms perfect. Loved the pool + kids club. Cafes/restaurants great quality, variety and v.fair pricing. Staff are simply superb. Family from SA,Australia

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Stayed 3 nights in the resort with my family of 5 and we booked 2 Club rooms. The facilities in the resort is fantastic! Both my kids love the slides and pool! Not to say the awesome Cool Zone aka kids club. The slides wise even adults will enjoy them too! I definitely enjoyed the slides. There is an small adult section in the deep end of pool. Thus if the adults want some peace and quiet, you can venture to this section.

The rooms are nicely furnished but my hubby found the mattress to be abit too hard for his liking. He ended up backaches every morning. Also one of the rooms had a non working night light. Else everything is fine. The breakfast spread is good. There's even a kid's corner just for the kids. If you book a Club room, you can have your breakfast in the Club Lounge. The breakfast in the Club Lounge has fewer options but there's a fixed menu of food you can choose from. The only problem I had during my stay is the preferential treatment shown to the Caucasian guests. It seems to be that if you are a Caucasian, the staff there will treat you much better and be more attentive towards you. This is more obvious in the Club Lounge.

The Chi spa there is good experience. I won't say the price is cheap but a trip to the spa is always an agenda for my hubby and me when we go for a beach vacation. At least for the price paid, it's worth it.

Food wise, do drop by Shang Palace. It serves good and yummy Chinese dish. Won't be cheap though but It's definitely worth a visit. Try the Salted Egg Prawn.

All in all, the facilities in the resort makes this trip a good trip for the family. Also it's very near to the airport! Service wise, I've seen better service from other Shang properties. Needs to improve on the service attitude.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a stay with my 3 kids and 2 nannys at the Kinabalu Club sea view rooms.

At the airport we found the hospitality suite and got a hotel car. More expensive then the regular taxi but worth it as there were 6 of us! In future I will email in advance to get this service.

Very happy with the Club lounge food for breakfast and evening nibbles. Breakfast in the club lounge as actually more than adequate and I thought if a better quality than the breakfast in the downstairs cafe . Of course my children wanted to eat in the downstate cafe because it had a kids Mimi buffet, children's soft play area and a different mascot everyday!

As for the evening club lounge offering, Children were only allowed between 430-630 and thereafter adults only for a replenished and sophisticated spread.

I must say, the quality of the food in the club lounge was excellent. Worth every penny. I've been to many club lounges and I would say this is one of the best quality I've had. The view from the club lounge was also beautiful. So after a "hard" day of relaxing by the pool, you can go and relax even further in the lounge!

The attendants at the lounge were very accommodating to my children, which I really appreciated. My 3 year old demanded some breakfast cereal at tea time, which they happily obliged !

As for the rest of the resort - the pool had this really nice floor which sparkled in the sunshine. None slippery so very good for children. I noticed that the water was very clean . I asked the pool attendants and they said the pool was cleaned everyday. And it shows!

There as attention to detail in the landscaping all over the resort.

Very happy with the stunning views and comfort level of the bed and rooms.thought for club room prices, the hotel could have more luxurious shampoo and bathgel. But these are little details really.

The water slides and children's swim area was also very fun for the children . Three different children's slides and a toddler slide with a dedicated attendant to make sure everyone gets down safely. Was also pleased there was a dedicated "adults only" section of the pool. Liked the water falls and the infinity edge effect along the shore line.Very relaxing!

During the height of the midday sun, I brought the kids to the kids club "cool zone" for some fun activities and interaction with other guest/kids. Every Friday they also organize a kids party, numbers permitting. So really thoughtful facilities for children and parents alike.

The reason I rated this resort so highly is because the whole
Ambiance- food, surroundings, pool area , service is something that A lot of resorts try to do , but don't get it quite as right as this.

The only thing that I was abit dissapointed in - the waterproof rubber floor near the water slides had worn away abit and you could see the concrete in patches. But I'm sure the shangrila can sort this out easily, and I hope they do before my next visit which won't be too far away!

• Stayed: June 2014