I stopped at the resort for 3 nights arriving about 10 pm after a long trip from Melbourne via Kuala Lumpur.
Check in through the Golden Circle desk was prompt and easy but I was a little disappointed when I had to find my own way to my room.
I chose a Kinabalu Mountain View Room. I prefer this wing as it is well away from the pool and restaurant area and therefore quiet. On a clear day, the morning view of Mt Kinabalu is spectacular.
Due to my short stay, i only ate in Cafe Ta Tu which has a choice of either al a carte or buffet.
In the evenings I ate a la carte. The breakfast buffet is diverse and the service from the stall is very good.
The staff around the beach area, at the Ice cream bar and Co Co Jo's are great. A few drinks at The sunset bar of an evening are worth the view.
It is unfortunate that it has a very small beach, but it has a marina with boat access to the offshore islands.
It is also not good that there is no shuttle to town even though the shuttle to Rasa Ria goes through town several times a day. You have to use a taxi.
Still a very good resort but I prefer Rasa Ria.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A paradise for the senses surrounded by natural beautyA gentle breeze caresses your face as you wake to the sound of waves lapping the beach. The balcony opens up to an inspiring vista of sparkling coral islands and swaying of palm trees. Tunku Abdul Rahman Park, bordered by crystal clear waters and lush vegetation Sophistication surrounds you in a lavishly decorated suite inspired by Borneo’s rich cultural heritage. Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa, Kota Kinabalu, is a perfect tropical getaway, a luxurious tranquil retreat just a short drive from the city.Yet, excitement beckons as you set out to discover all Kota Kinabalu’s delights. Making your way to Kinabalu National Park, you are thrust into a jungle paradise of natural wonders, rugged landscapes and scenic beauty. From the Rafflesia, the largest flower in the world, to the famous Orangutans in their natural habitat, it only gets more breathtaking every step of the way.The afternoon is spent exploring the picturesque town of Kota Belud. As Sabah’s largest and most popular open market, you find gems of all sorts, ranging from handmade handicrafts to mouth-watering local delights like natural honey.Back at the resort, you look forward to a sunset cruise, which departs from STAR Marina, to catch Borneo's famous sunset. Not long after, you wind down at Coco-Joe’s Bar & Grill. Lounging atop one of the beach-dining platforms, over cocktails and a delectable seafood tower, you continue to enjoy the sound of overlapping waves on the shores of Sunset Beach. A pampering session at CHI, The Spa rounds off the day. With treatments based on traditional Asian healing philosophies, you lose yourself in an enchanted and indulgent journey, all on the resort’s private spa island.For every experience here, you are surrounded by natural beauty. And it all begins at Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa, Kota Kinabalu ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Resort And Spa
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Resort
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Hotel
- Shangri La Kota Kinabalu
- Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa Kota Kinabalu, Sabah