This is my first time travelling to Sabah and this is one of the trip organize by my company. The trip took place from 3-5 April 2013. With 17 of us, I had a twin sharing room. It was incredible experience that I ever had. The price and the service being offered is well worth. The scenary of the beach with blue crystal clear was magnificant. It was an unforgettable experience that I ever had. The hotel was 10 minits away from the Air Asia airport.
We arrived at 12.30pm and the check in was smooth. The front desk was friendly and we had a smooth check in without waiting too long. The staff was friendly and very kind in a way that we feel pleasant. The hotel was full during weekdays suprisingly. Majority were foreign tourists.
The room were superb, we had seaview with incredible view. The room was clean, well decorated, cosy. The bathroom was awesome with more than complete. With extra towels, weight scale and everything that you need. The room inclusive of extra mattress, rob, iron & board and hair dryer.
We had lunch and dinner at Tatu Cafe. A wide range of food selection from western, locals, east and indian food were served. The dessert was awesome. I had the best bread pudding ever. The bread pudding was extremely delicious.
Overall the experience that we had was awesome and one of the best hotel that I recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A paradise for the senses surrounded by natural beautyA gentle breeze caresses your face as you wake to the sound of waves lapping the beach. The balcony opens up to an inspiring vista of sparkling coral islands and swaying of palm trees. Tunku Abdul Rahman Park, bordered by crystal clear waters and lush vegetation Sophistication surrounds you in a lavishly decorated suite inspired by Borneo’s rich cultural heritage. Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa, Kota Kinabalu, is a perfect tropical getaway, a luxurious tranquil retreat just a short drive from the city.Yet, excitement beckons as you set out to discover all Kota Kinabalu’s delights. Making your way to Kinabalu National Park, you are thrust into a jungle paradise of natural wonders, rugged landscapes and scenic beauty. From the Rafflesia, the largest flower in the world, to the famous Orangutans in their natural habitat, it only gets more breathtaking every step of the way.The afternoon is spent exploring the picturesque town of Kota Belud. As Sabah’s largest and most popular open market, you find gems of all sorts, ranging from handmade handicrafts to mouth-watering local delights like natural honey.Back at the resort, you look forward to a sunset cruise, which departs from STAR Marina, to catch Borneo's famous sunset. Not long after, you wind down at Coco-Joe’s Bar & Grill. Lounging atop one of the beach-dining platforms, over cocktails and a delectable seafood tower, you continue to enjoy the sound of overlapping waves on the shores of Sunset Beach. A pampering session at CHI, The Spa rounds off the day. With treatments based on traditional Asian healing philosophies, you lose yourself in an enchanted and indulgent journey, all on the resort’s private spa island.For every experience here, you are surrounded by natural beauty. And it all begins at Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa, Kota Kinabalu ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Resort And Spa
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Resort
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Hotel
- Shangri La Kota Kinabalu
- Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa Kota Kinabalu, Sabah