There's not much to add to all the reviews here, all correct, apart from there is NO adult pool. Everyone that is getting stress about kids in the big pool to the right of the bridge is wrong.
I asked two pool attendants if kids were allowed in there (before I took mine in) and they both said yes, just with an adult, not on their own. There are also no signs saying 'adults only', so before you all get off on your high horses, you are WRONG. (Having said that, it does have less kids in it if you're looking for a quiet swim).
Toilets for restaurants in KK that are shared toilets are very poor standard, we went to Gusto's Food and Wine and the wife had to pee in a hole in the Chinese restaurant next door. If you don't like that sort of thing, be wary.
The hotel charges a mandatory 30 ringit fee for a taxi to KK or the waterfront, which is a con, as the drivers only charge 20 or 25. Still, they know we'll all pay it which is how the get away with it. Just a bit cheeky that's all.
Hotel good, water slides great, food and drinks at hotel quite pricey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A paradise for the senses surrounded by natural beautyA gentle breeze caresses your face as you wake to the sound of waves lapping the beach. The balcony opens up to an inspiring vista of sparkling coral islands and swaying of palm trees. Tunku Abdul Rahman Park, bordered by crystal clear waters and lush vegetation Sophistication surrounds you in a lavishly decorated suite inspired by Borneo’s rich cultural heritage. Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa, Kota Kinabalu, is a perfect tropical getaway, a luxurious tranquil retreat just a short drive from the city.Yet, excitement beckons as you set out to discover all Kota Kinabalu’s delights. Making your way to Kinabalu National Park, you are thrust into a jungle paradise of natural wonders, rugged landscapes and scenic beauty. From the Rafflesia, the largest flower in the world, to the famous Orangutans in their natural habitat, it only gets more breathtaking every step of the way.The afternoon is spent exploring the picturesque town of Kota Belud. As Sabah’s largest and most popular open market, you find gems of all sorts, ranging from handmade handicrafts to mouth-watering local delights like natural honey.Back at the resort, you look forward to a sunset cruise, which departs from STAR Marina, to catch Borneo's famous sunset. Not long after, you wind down at Coco-Joe’s Bar & Grill. Lounging atop one of the beach-dining platforms, over cocktails and a delectable seafood tower, you continue to enjoy the sound of overlapping waves on the shores of Sunset Beach. A pampering session at CHI, The Spa rounds off the day. With treatments based on traditional Asian healing philosophies, you lose yourself in an enchanted and indulgent journey, all on the resort’s private spa island.For every experience here, you are surrounded by natural beauty. And it all begins at Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa, Kota Kinabalu ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Resort And Spa
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Resort
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Hotel
- Shangri La Kota Kinabalu
- Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa Kota Kinabalu, Sabah