Having stayed here way back in 1990 and remembering how much my husband and I enjoyed our stay, I stayed here again a couple of months ago either side of my Mount Kinabalu climb. I was once again very impressed with everything about this resort hotel.
My girlfriend and I were treated like royalty. The staff were simply divine, always smiliing, always attentive and forever helpful.
The pool area is just sensational.Having been recently refurbished, sitting right on the oceans edge, it is a magical place to relax and read a book, laze away a day sipping daiquiries and taking the occasional plunge or paddle or simply lounging around and taking in the magnificent views.
The Sunset Bar is divine with large comfy sofas right on the beach. This is the place to be, right on sunset, watching the glorious reds, oranges and yellows as the sun sets over the horizon.
Also the Chi Spa Resort is divine and a must visit while there.
We stayed in both a Deluxe Kinabalu Club Suite (executive style) and a Standard Room before and after our climb. The Deluxe Suite gave us entry to the Kinabalu Club which was a lovely bonus; private, views across the resort, food and drinks complimentary. The hotel is just lovely and the rooms are tastefully decorated, most recently refurbished.
The restaurants throughout the resort cater to many and varied tastes, plenty of choice there.
Although I only stayed 4 nights I am definitely going back for a longer stay to just rest and relax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A paradise for the senses surrounded by natural beautyA gentle breeze caresses your face as you wake to the sound of waves lapping the beach. The balcony opens up to an inspiring vista of sparkling coral islands and swaying of palm trees. Tunku Abdul Rahman Park, bordered by crystal clear waters and lush vegetation Sophistication surrounds you in a lavishly decorated suite inspired by Borneo’s rich cultural heritage. Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa, Kota Kinabalu, is a perfect tropical getaway, a luxurious tranquil retreat just a short drive from the city.Yet, excitement beckons as you set out to discover all Kota Kinabalu’s delights. Making your way to Kinabalu National Park, you are thrust into a jungle paradise of natural wonders, rugged landscapes and scenic beauty. From the Rafflesia, the largest flower in the world, to the famous Orangutans in their natural habitat, it only gets more breathtaking every step of the way.The afternoon is spent exploring the picturesque town of Kota Belud. As Sabah’s largest and most popular open market, you find gems of all sorts, ranging from handmade handicrafts to mouth-watering local delights like natural honey.Back at the resort, you look forward to a sunset cruise, which departs from STAR Marina, to catch Borneo's famous sunset. Not long after, you wind down at Coco-Joe’s Bar & Grill. Lounging atop one of the beach-dining platforms, over cocktails and a delectable seafood tower, you continue to enjoy the sound of overlapping waves on the shores of Sunset Beach. A pampering session at CHI, The Spa rounds off the day. With treatments based on traditional Asian healing philosophies, you lose yourself in an enchanted and indulgent journey, all on the resort’s private spa island.For every experience here, you are surrounded by natural beauty. And it all begins at Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa, Kota Kinabalu ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Resort And Spa
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Resort
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Hotel
- Shangri La Kota Kinabalu
- Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa Kota Kinabalu, Sabah