“Great Start to the Day!”
Review of Kudos - CLOSED

Kudos
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Kudos first opened its doors on 24th March 2014 in the main Central Business District of Kota Kinabalu at the iconic Jesselton Hotel where the casual dining restaurant has an airy, modern yet classic feel to it. Within our newly launched a la carte menu we proudly serve a selection of modern British food which incorporates French, Italian, Mediterranean and other European dishes complimented with ever-changing weekly specials. The wine list is cosmopolitan and has a modest selection of wines by the glass from a light Sauvignon Blanc to a robust Cabernet Sauvignon or Shiraz to satisfy the most discerning wine enthusiast. Our European Executive Chef and culinary team are committed to using, where possible, local sourced organic produce, premium meats and sustainable seafood. It is the perfect venue for a relaxing breakfast, a business lunch, a romantic candlelight dinner or a meeting place with family and friends. Reservations are recommended.
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
“Great Start to the Day!”
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

I recently stumbled across the new Kudos restaurant in Gaya Street for before a business meeting yesterday morning. Not knowing what to eat I asked the waiter what to order, he recommended the Organic porridge as he told me that it was popular but I said I was really hungry and probably wouldn't have time for lunch. So with that in mind I also ordered the cooked breakfast. Well, the porridge was warming really tasty and had some fruit inside and I ate it ALL up. The cooked was equally satisfying but having to use Beef Bacon just isn't the same as good old Pork Rashers! However, all the items were of a decent standard and certainly set me up for the day ahead. Will be back at the weekend with my family as they just love a cooked breakfast too.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Again and again!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

After 6 looooong months, I was back in Kay Kay. I discovered that Kudos had moved to the top of Gaya Street. Although their menu has changed slightly, my favourite Parmesan mushrooms, Pear & Walnut Salad were still on the manu - yay! Three dinners in 3 days is not too much is it?

The first day I had a nicoise salad with tuna, Parmesan mushrooms (of course), and Salmon cakes. The nicoise salad was a really good surprise because the slices of tuna were melt-in-your-mouth, sashimi grade wonderful! The salmon cakes, although only a starter is actually quite filling as it is chock-a-block packed with salmon. It was yummmm! For dessert - of which I had TWO, consisted of bread & butter pudding (which I totally loved) and rum banana which came highly recommended. It did not disappoint at all. The rum bananas were prettily placed in a shallow dish and nicely soaked in a rum-syrup sauce and just kept me wanting more after i had scooped up as much as was polite.
The next night, I tried the also highly recommended rib-eye steak, which I had medium with no blood. I rarely order steak anywhere, because more often than not, I get disappointed. But this steak was tender, juicy, and almost melts in your mouth, and it was cooked just right! I managed to steal a taste of the ham and chicken pie from someone and it was rich, not too creamy and was very very tasty. I like to call it the inside-out pie because the filling is already in the plate with a fluffy, triangle shaped piece of pastry placed on top. Third night, we had lamb shank - which was so tender, juicy and tasted absolutely lovely, and of course I just HAD to finish with the bread and butter pudding.
I keep returning (and will continue to keep returning) to Kudos because it does not taste like restaurant food. It tastes home cooked.
The staff as always are polite and accommodating.

I must add that the new premises looks very elegant, with big windows all along the side so you can see out. Despite the fact that it is a lot bigger than their last place it still maintains a cosy warm atmosphere with gerbers and roses placed strategically here and there. There is also a semi private dining table for a large group, which has been done up so prettily and although it has a glass wall facing the rest of the diners, you still feel like you are in a totally private room. Congratulations Kudos on your new restaurant and thank you for making my trips to KK that much more enjoyable! See you soon.

• Visited May 2014
birmingham
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Whilst not typical Malaysian prices, you really get what you pay for here. I had pancakes and my friend had muesli and everything was tasty and the staff were extremely welcoming. Would highly recommend as a treat for breakfast

Visited April 2014
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
“Casual Ambience for Good Fine Food”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Been to Kudos with my siblings and cousins. Menu offers are sufficient, but still can improve. Food presentations are acceptable, but can be better. Food portion is a bit small, but taste good. I had beef rib while my husband had rib eye. The rest had tenderloin, salmon and fish and chips and a pizza. Everybody plates are emptied by the end of the meal.our total bill is rm749+ for 6 adults. A bit too pricy though. We had a bottle of rosè which cost rm230+ which I think explain the bill. But, this restaurant really worth a try. I'll be back soon with my BFF.

• Visited April 2014
Kota Kinabalu
“Glorious Gourmet Goodies”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Wonderful new restaurant at the top end of Gaya Street, taking almost the whole ground floor of the classy old Jesselton Hotel.
Comfortable & spacious restaurant, nice & relaxed. Calm & sensible service.
Lots of good French wines by the glass - a new French system keeps it fresh.
And superb gourmet food - delicious dishes prepared from scratch to a very high standard in the clean & bright kitchen which you can see through 3 long glass windows - so you know what they are up to.
Pretty much everything used in the kitchen is imported - including the Chef/ Proprietor from Britain! His meat dishes are a particular strength.
As they open all day, you can have a luscious leisurely decadent afternoon ordering a series of starters & desserts, & trying different French wines with each, whilst watching the world go by through the picture windows ...
In the evenings there's an easy- to- talk- to French wine waiter to help you choose.
The whole experience hugely better than their previous start-up location in an out of town mall, & everything has been upgraded accordingly, except (so far) the prices!

• Visited April 2014