“Taste Buds Gone Wild - You Must Visit Whilst in KK”

K.Sanba's Curry Specials
Ranked #91 of 562 Restaurants in Kota Kinabalu
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Malaysian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Perth
“Taste Buds Gone Wild - You Must Visit Whilst in KK”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Overall Experience: Thank you to Bala for such an amazing meal and service at K Sambas Curry Specials. We visited on New Years day later in the afternoon for a early dinner to celebrate the New Year and my partners birthday. The food had amazing flavor and nothing like any Indian restaurant' we have experienced back in Perth. We ate the food on the Banana Leaf in which you can either eat with your hands or there is cutlery available. Juice is freshly made and not from a bottle. We visited as a group of 4 people. Given the food is fresh each day the menu can vary and there are dishes of the day available, so if you visit based off this review you may get to experience something we didn't.

What we ordered: For our entree was the freshly made vegetarian curry puffs. We also ordered the Banana Leaf Veggies, Bread, Rice, Mutton Perratal, Special Friend Chicken, Mancunian Cauliflower, and Friend Garlic Prawns. Bala was lovely and given it was my partners birthday he brought out a Mutton Kuma for us all to try as a gift which was beautiful with the Nann Bread. We all thoroughly enjoyed our meals because all the food was so rich with flavor. For drinks one of us had a OJ and the rest of us had Mango Luksas is a juice which is Mango with yoghourt in a cold smoothie, in which it was my first time trying this drink and it was very refreshing. If you haven't had a Mango Luksa it should be on your to-do list if visiting this restaurant.

If you are a vegetarian there is a lovely option of dishes and I highly recommend ordering the Banana Leaf Veggies and also the Mancunian Cauliflower.

Cost: The cost for our meal and drinks came to $144 RM. It is very affordable as most dishes are between 8-15RM which services 4 ppl, with Australian appetites.

Venue: The place was very clean in comparison to other restaurants we have visited in Malaysia. The toilet and hand washing area were clean with soap. (Ladies BYO toilet paper - but this is standard at most places in KK).

Service: Bala and the staff there were so friendly and attentive to our table. All the food came out at once.Bala speaks very good English so you will find it easy to interact with him when ordering your meals and drinks. Very chatty guy who is very hospitable to visitors.

Location: We stayed at the Horizon and it was a 30RM taxi fare to the restaurant, it is situated within the Silk House Complex on Block F, Lorong Plaza Utama 1, Alamesra (Oppersite UMS). After your meal you can walk across to the Lifestyle Large Hypermall for a walk around.

I know this restaurant doesn't have many reviews as others yet but I hope my review contributes towards visitors making the decision to visit and allow themselves the opportunity to experience such wonderful food.

from Mel
Perth - Australia.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Melissa H

“Excellent good and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We were very happy that we came here.
Prawn curry, grilled prawns and tika massala were amazing. Real authentic food!
Very Nice people.
We will defenitly come back!!

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
“Banana Leaf Heaven!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

I would like to give a big ‘thumbs up’ to K. Sanba’s Curry Specials. The menu seems to get more varied each time I go there. As someone who prefers vegetarian food I am always grumbling at the lack of choice of eateries with a good selection of vegetarian food in Kota Kinabalu. Having found K. Sanba’s I feel that I have come home. The vegetarian banana leaf never disappoints. On my last visit I had an assortment of curried dishes - tofu, brinjal (aubergine), potato, cauliflower, spinach mixed with dhal - accompanied by buttermilk yoghurt and some tasty chutneys ( including a mint one which was sublime). On this occasion I decided to have chapatis with the vegetables and I didn’t regret it: they were the best I’ve tasted. I decided to forego the mango lassi (delicious, by the way) in favour of the spicy masala tea, which made a pleasant and potent change from teh tarik. Throughout the meal, Mr. Bala and his staff were most attentive and efficient. I really felt quite pampered! I took chicken and mutton biryanis home for my family. My wife said she could tell the food was superior just by looking at the way it was packaged and presented. Enough said! Keep it up K. Sanba’s!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank bedtime61
“Continued excellence...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Since the last review written, my wife and I have visited this restaurant on countless occasions - continuing to invite and recommend friends etc. I'm happy to stay that the standard has remained high and the welcome warm. While banana leaf based dishes are the highlight, it's good not to overlook the other fine dishes available so give them a try too.
Our last visit was our goodbye lunch with friends as we have since returned to the UK. We still recall the food we ate that time.
Well worth a visit!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank musicapalace
Oudewater, The Netherlands
“Excellent service and great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Many thanks for the 2 experiences we had in your restaurant.
Fantastic Indian food served with chilled Mango juice by very friendly people. We will come back soon.
Paul and Ellen