“Good Western food”
Review of Chilli Vanilla

Chilli Vanilla
Ranked #3 of 638 Restaurants in Kota Kinabalu
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Mediterranean and Healthy foods, reasonable prices and ambient atmosphere.Home Made Cakes and gluten free díshes.
Reviewed May 21, 2014

If you want a change from Asian food pop here, we went for lunch food was good staff were friendly but the service was typical of Borneo slow and disorganised , they can't seem to serve food at the same time so both my husband and I ordered Spanish omelette and it took 1/2h and there were only 8 people there. It did taste good and the fresh juice was rally nice. You just have to chill out and be patient so don't wait until you are starving before you.

They do have a very clean toilet which is also a bonus in Borneo.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I had the lemon grass chicken for a main, it was fantastic. Lots of yummy food on the menu to choose from and a nice relaxed atmosphere. The waitress was very friendly. Only down side is that my main took about 10 minutes longer to come out than my partner and the restaurant was half empty. Other than that I would highly recommend this place to eat.

1  Thank Mishmash010
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Food was very good and is very nice to see gluten free options on the menu. Staff are friendly and helpful but not in any rush! Only issue is the portion size. I ordered the Hungarian goulash although tasty it was tiny and I had to pop to the shop next door when I was finished as I was still starving.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

We have had two meals at this resturant so far and loved the food, atmosphere and service. The Hungarian Goulash is superb and the homemade pate is so good we have ordered some to take back home. I don't think it matters that you are eating Mediterranean food in Asia as long as the food is good and this food is excellent.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

The Chicken Roulade is awesome!!! I have dreams about it. Its really worth the price. The lamb stew is also delicious but the portion is a little small.