Ming Garden Hotel & Residences
Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu(Kota Kinabalu)
$124
$118
  • Pool
Hotel Grandis(Kota Kinabalu)
$100
$97
  • Breakfast included
Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa(Kota Kinabalu)
$286
$276
Hyatt Regency Kinabalu(Kota Kinabalu)
$100
$97
The Klagan Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
$49
$148
$150
$108
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Shangri-La Kota Kinabalu(Kota Kinabalu)
$56
$49
Hotel Sixty3(Kota Kinabalu)
$124
$80
Trip.com
All reviewsnice hotelshopping mallswimming poolkk times squareshuttle busjunior suitetown areabuffet breakfasthotel is locatedflat screen tvhousekeeping staffwater frontpleasant staycity viewmain restaurantshort stayjesselton point
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Been to a wedding event there.. the settings are great.. love the ballroom, the service and delicious food.. the wedding entertainment is truly unexpected.. yet fun and hilarious at the same time.. i can't say the same to the wedding singer/band because it's not memorable

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
GeneralManager_MGHR, Public Relations Manager at Ming Garden Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear sheena2968,

Greetings from Ming Garden Hotel & Residences!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent visit to Ming Garden Hotel & Residences.

I am delighted to hear that you had such a great time during a wedding function here at the hotel. We are glad that you find our delectable menu selection a treat and that you were happy with the helpfulness and friendliness of our staff.

We value such feedback which is shared with all and look forward to your return in the not too distant future.

Kind regards

Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel at the beginning and end of our Sabah holiday and were more than happy.The staff were really helpful in helping us hire a car- ringing around and getting a better price than we were able to. The location is on a huge motorway but the room was surprisingly quiet.Its an easy walk to shops and restaurants and also a walkable distance to the jetty for boat trips to the islands. The buffet breakfast was good but did cater more for locals than westerners.
The pool is big with a separate childrens pool.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank crawfords37

Dear crawfords37,

Greetings from Ming Garden Hotel & Residences!

What I have just read is really compelling. Thank you for the bounteous rating and feedback you gave to our hotel for being perfectly located in the heart of Kota Kinabalu, for our complete facilities, for serving delectable breakfast menus and offering modern & state-of-the-art amenities – the rooms and the swimming pools.

We thank you for recognizing the high quality service of our team especially of the Front Office. I, the management and the rest of our team will always be excited to welcome you back whenever you are in Kota Kinabalu.

See you soon :)

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Was here for a 3 days 2 night stay. Got a room very far off from the main lifts so everytime I have to walk quite a distance unless I use the lifts at the side of the hotel.

Food was ok, nothing much to shout about but the staff are cheerful especially the concierge staff. Didnt have time to drop by the gym or swimming pool.

A lot of tourist & airline crew are staying in this hotel so I guess it's quite ok. Would be great if my room is at the main block.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear kenlui85,

Greetings from Ming Garden Hotel & Residences!

I would like to apologise foremost for the discomfort that you had to bear as the walking distance from the main building to the Residence area is quite insistent. However, I am glad to know that you had fun moments with our dedicated and humourous Concierge staff. With this being said, we are extremely proud to be hosting flight crews of Malaysia Airlines and Korean Airlines, giving you a picture of our modern hospitality and services which is indeed, one of a kind.

Should you need any assistance for room upgrading, do let me know at shauntay@minggardenhotel.com. I will be more than glad to assist.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Ming Garden Hotel & Residences! See you again soon :)

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Rooms are nicely designed. Very modern feel...

The swimming pool was sufficiently big for laps.

Hotel is surprisingly packed and popular with tourist from China and Japan.

Checking in was smooth... Staff are friendly and helpful. Despite having renovation works at the wrong place and timing.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear NKeong,

Greetings from Ming Garden Hotel & Residences!

I am delighted to know that you had a comfortable stay in our hotel with compliments for our pool and rooms. and that you were happy with the smooth check -in and helpfulness and friendliness of our staff. Our hotel is indeed quite popular with our Chinese, Japanese, and Korean friends, with this support we strive to better our services and to make sure that our hotel is suitably fit for all walks.

We hope to have you back soon, NKeong. See you :)

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

I went for a family dinner recently. That was make me very shame to bring my family here. I went there because my friend recommand me that the buffet was good. Yes, the foods there were good. But:-
1. When enter the restaurant the staff only get the room no and not bringing you and serve you to seat.
2. I got a dirty table, when i ask the staff to clean it,he never give any respond and just walk away and ask another girl to clean it. I asked the girl why he ask you to clean but not him? She said because here is my section and he is my supervisor. HEY! I also work in hotel hospitality, is that important to work at your own section even others guest ask for your service? And you as a supervisor why don't you show a good example to your staff but you just only show to your staff that "I am the boss."
3. I arrived at around 1930hrs, but the buffet line was less of food. I asked a chef that will any refill soon. And you know what your chef answer me? "I'm sorry, i'm not sure for that, i need to double check with kitchen." What a joke, u need to double check??? If the kitchen said the not going to cook then you will not going to refill isn't???

Ming Garden, Where did your "services" gone??????

I were made a mistake that i have no get the staffs name. But no matter how, i hope the management can give more and more training for all your staffs.

I think i will not come again untill you improve your service.

Thank you!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank servayer

Dear servayer,

Greetings from Ming Garden Hotel & Residences!

Thank you for visiting Ming Garden Hotel & Residences and for bringing these matters to my attention, as it is only from our guest feedback that we will be able to uphold our commitment to product and service excellence.

Please allow me to apologise for the shortfalls and please know that I am naturally very disappointed that the experience you had with your family during dinner at the Bistro did not meet your expectations. Rest assured that I have shared your comments with the concerned department head to avoid recurring event in the future.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback and I do hope that you will give another chance to visit the Golden Dew Bistro in the future.