“A Sanctuary indeed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of South Sea Sanctuary - CLOSED

South Sea Sanctuary
More attraction details
Owner description: South Sea Sanctuary is a premier lifestyle boutique day spa located in the heart of Kota Kinabalu, Sabah Borneo, Malaysia. Besides offering relaxation therapies and beauty treatments, we are well-known for our holistic health and wellness programs that aim to effectively heal the body, mind and soul.
Beijing, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Sanctuary indeed!”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I was wrapping up my trip and decided to get a massage before I boarded the plane. The staff were professional and friendly. The massage was a legitimate professional massage, one of the best I have had in Asia. It was comparable to the ones I received in some of NYC's most expensive spas!

The staff understands the essential ingredients to true retreat and relief. They hit the nail on all aspects of a spa sanctuary.

Then at the end of my beautiful massage, the manager accompanied me to lunch where I learned so much about the people of Borneo. It was an overall lovely experience. I highly recommend this place!

1 Thank Karen L

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Ottawa, Canada
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Best massage ever”
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

I hardly know where to begin! I picked this spa based on its high reviews on this site, and thinking it would be a great way to end a two week holiday. I was even more impressed than expected!! Reservations were very easy. We prepaid online and emailed about 5 days ahead, and had a prompt reply from the manager, Jelinah.

When we arrived we enjoyed the most delicious ginger tea, and donned our rattan flip flops and enjoyed taking in the atmosphere and art. It was hard to believe a moment ago we were amongst the hustle and bustle of KK! Even though we were early, we did not have to wait long. We were soon escorted to the upper floor, where we were shown to our treatment rooms. We both started with the Harmony body scrub and wrap. I had the coffee scrub (which uses locally grown coffee) and my friend had the brown sugar scrub. My skin is still glowing from this treatment! It's never felt softer. And the smell was heavenly! Then it was off to the shower to rinse off (also found in the shower was a lovely smelling shower gel), then a quick change into a robe to prepare for round two: Borneo traditional massage. I have had many massages in my life, but this one takes the cake. I do not exaggerate when I say it was the best massage I have ever had. I asked for medium pressure.. And once it got going I thanked my lucky stars I didn't go for hard pressure!! This was a head to toe massage, literally. From the scalp massage to the tips of my toes, nothing was left out. And after it was all done, we were brought back downstairs and greeted with warm water and the delicious ginger tea again (their own special brew!). We were then greeted by Jelinah (the manager) and had a nice conversation with her while we enjoyed our tea. She is absolutely lovely and we wish her the best of luck in growing the business. This spa is worth every penny, you will not be disappointed!

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Loovely..but too expensive for me.”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

The ambience was great, staff were friendly, the reflexology was very very nice and relaxing. however I wouldnt be coming here too often..super expensive. 3 times more than d ones I usually go to. But it is a 5 star experience.. i just wish that its cheaper!

2 Thank AnneBaltazar
Singapore, Singapore
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Highly Recommended!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We booked last minute but they still did their best to accomodate the four of us. Staff are very friendly and the massage itself was great. Location was a bit hidden but it's a sanctuary in the middle of that street. You will like the ambience too. After the massage, the four of us sat and drank our tea. We talked until we noticed that we should be heading somewhere.

A very relaxing experience!

2 Thank Bunnchen
Worcester UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Bliss!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Four of us indulged in various treatments and all of us thought they were superb and also great value for money. Relaxation of the highest order with great staff

1 Thank Throstle