“Highly Recommended!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of South Sea Sanctuary - CLOSED

South Sea Sanctuary
More attraction details
Owner description: South Sea Sanctuary is a premier lifestyle boutique day spa located in the heart of Kota Kinabalu, Sabah Borneo, Malaysia. Besides offering relaxation therapies and beauty treatments, we are well-known for our holistic health and wellness programs that aim to effectively heal the body, mind and soul.
Singapore, Singapore
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Highly Recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

We booked last minute but they still did their best to accomodate the four of us. Staff are very friendly and the massage itself was great. Location was a bit hidden but it's a sanctuary in the middle of that street. You will like the ambience too. After the massage, the four of us sat and drank our tea. We talked until we noticed that we should be heading somewhere.

A very relaxing experience!

2 Thank Bunnchen

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Worcester UK
“Bliss!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Four of us indulged in various treatments and all of us thought they were superb and also great value for money. Relaxation of the highest order with great staff

1 Thank Throstle
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Beautiful space in a not-so-beautiful city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

My friend and I had a fabulous experience. This was a full spa experience the massage was excellent but more then that: the tea; the lighting; the products used; the scents; the music; the zen garden... Every detail was attended to and if they missed anything, you are given feedback forms at the end so they know how to improve. They were also giving a donation of every treatment to breast cancer research in October which gets a big thumbs up from me.

2 Thank Gemcribb
Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Very accommodating”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

There was some confusion with our appointment as they recorded it for the next day instead when the 4 of us appeared in the spa. They quickly served us ginger tea while they sorted their schedules out due to the planning error. They must have did some major rearrangement of their therapists but somehow amidst this confusion, they managed to get all 4 therapist ready for us within 15 minutes.

The decor of the whole place was very relaxing and tastefully done. The massage was decent although I would have liked mine to be harder, the other 3 enjoyed their massages. The prices are a little on the high side but I guess you are paying the whole ambience and very good service as well. I would return again!

1 Thank Junita56
“It was ok to be fair.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

We read really good reviews before going to Kota Kinabalu, so we thought we'd definitely pay a visit to this spa. The quality of the massage was good, although I have had better. Everything was fine, right until my massuer was playing on her phone whilst massaging my foot!? I could feel her phone vibrating on the bed, then she'd stop massaging me (to do whatever she was doing on her phone I assume). Then she'd disappear out of the room several times during the treatment. Rather unprofessional in my opinion.

The place is nice though and clean, nice decor -- the ginger tea they served was good as well. The massuer really put me off going back, as we wanted to go for another massage before leaving KK, but I refused to go back due to the experience, so we ended getting a poor quality massage across the road from our hotel instead (booohoo).

3 Thank Boulden