“Just awesome”
Review of South Sea Sanctuary - CLOSED

South Sea Sanctuary
More attraction details
Owner description: South Sea Sanctuary is a premier lifestyle boutique day spa located in the heart of Kota Kinabalu, Sabah Borneo, Malaysia. Besides offering relaxation therapies and beauty treatments, we are well-known for our holistic health and wellness programs that aim to effectively heal the body, mind and soul.
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This was such a great place. The perfect way to fix the leg muscles after climbing Mount Kinabalu. Highly recommended!

There are newer reviews for South Sea Sanctuary

Reviewed August 19, 2012

We loved this place so much we went back again. The staff were very professional and the venue very nice. We had a massage and facial the first time, it was one of the best massages we have ever had. The second time it was the body scrub and wrap, by the end of the session I felt wonderful. Highly recommend this spa.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband and I treated ourselves to a couple treatment at South Sea Sanctuary the day after we hiked up Mt Kinabalu... we could barely walk!!

The staff looked after our every need from the moment we walked through the door. We explained our legs were very sore from the mountain and we received the most amazing massage helping to relieve the pain.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

In kk you can get massages for very cheap or very expensive . This place is somewhere in between not cheap nor expensive, but it does provide you with 5 star service! I think it's great value for a very relaxing, professional and clean spa.

We booked one day in advance online and got a 10% discount. I was worried that they might not have time for us since we booked so late but almost instantly after my online booking I got a reply and confirmation for my appointment.

We went for their holistic massage and it was really awesome!. The staff is friendly and professional. Inside it is clean and relaxing. I really wished that we had more time, so we could have gone back for a second massage.

The massage rooms are upstairs. I am not sure whether they have an elevator, but if you have problems with stairs you might want to call and ask about this before booking.

I am not familiar with the customs in Malaysian spa, so I wasn't sure whether we had to tip or not. . Maybe they should add some info about this on their website? In the end we asked the therapist and she said it was up to us, so we tipped her.

Overall a great experience and we highly recommend this place!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We were there today for a late 2 hours massage and it was great. We are planning to go there again later during the week for some more treatments.