Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Ways to Experience Mari Mari Cultural Village
from $55.39
More Info
1,203 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 26, 2019 via mobile

We spent a few hours at Mari Mari doing the a tour we booked through ‘Klook’. We visited houses or long houses of each of the indigenous peoples of Borneo, Malaysia. Our guide was very good and took the time to explain all the interesting figures, facts and differences between the groups...we were certainly not rushed.

The dancing was def the highlight and the dancers were enthusiastic and the stick dancing is something to see, quite unbelievable. The dancers even posed for photos post performance.

Well done Mari Mari and Ellie our tour guide for making our experience of the Borneo culture a memorable one.

Tip: bring the Mosquito spray

3  Thank KJO74
Reviewed October 10, 2019 via mobile

Mari Mari is an idiom in national language of Sabah Malaysia which means follow me.
Wondering in the heart of darkness to explore how old tribes used to live Inside the forest of Borneo peninsula Their traditions. How to make food. How to set fire. How to protect themselves. And how to bury their deceased and mourn them.
A three hours tour inside the forest is amazing to explore What you never tried before
I recommend this tour especially for those who have kids. It is a good source for knowing about other cultures.

1  Thank reemakaa
Reviewed October 10, 2019

Today we visited the Mari Mari Cultural Village. It was a great way to learn about the different tribes of Sabah, their traditions and see how they lived. The chance to sample some food and drinks as we went was a good touch. I would have liked more time to view each of the houses but with a group in front of us and a group behind us, there wasn’t much time to dwell and take a leisurely stroll. The cultural show was enjoyable and we also liked the lunch of local food. We booked through a tour company, which was more expensive than booking directly with the Village (including transport) or using a taxi or Grab, but it was convenient for us and we weren’t rushed through lunch (unlike other groups). It was a good experience and I would recommend it.

2  Thank MichelleAppleby
Reviewed October 6, 2019

From our hotel near the airport, it took us approximately 40minutes to get to the village. It was very well organised, and we were met by a guide, who was very knowledgeable about the different tribes and houses we visited. We were put in a small group of 8 with our guide. There were a lot of steps, some quite difficult to manoeuvre in and out of the different houses, but I thoroughly enjoyed my visit, and there was plenty of food at the end buffet. My recommendation would be to take a fan/ or small battery fan, as it is extremely hot and humid. Oh, and the show was very good too!

1  Thank hogarths80
Reviewed October 4, 2019

Our tour visited the Mari Mari Cultural Village for an afternoon. This was such a great experience. I'm not normally big on cultural stuff but I could of stayed here all day. This interactive experience was way more then I expected, from the different tribes, to trying the local food and drink and the dancing through to the trampoline in the long house. I would recommend this as place to visit before exploring the rest of Borneo.

Date of experience: September 2019