“Nice but cosy”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
“Nice but cosy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

The food is great but it's a letter cosy. Been here to treat my friend birthday dinner. Average around rm 40-60 per person. The food choices is limited.
The environment are great. They divided for smoking area and non smoking area.

2 Thank Kingpark

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Pleasant surprise in 1B. Must try their paella!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

Having actually been to Spain and had proper tapas, I wasn't expecting much from this place. Not to mention that it didn't look overly promising, considering there weren't very many patrons there. However, since my partner had never EVER had Spanish food, he was keen to try something different.

I'll have to say I was pleasantly surprised.

I absolutely LOVED their paella. It seemed a tad bit soggy, but the taste was definitely authentic. It would even beat some of the places in Spain that served paella! Plenty of seafood and just perfect. Well worth the wait, that's for sure. By the time the paella came out, we were actually stuffed from all the tapas, we didn't think we could finish it. But it was just so good we cleaned out the wok in no time. We actually surprised ourselves in doing that.

We tried their set tapas which included (for the life of me I can't remember their Spanish names, so I'll just go with describing the dishes)
1- chilli prawns - actually tasted pretty good although the prawns werent very big. more like prawns cooked w garlic, oil and dried chilli.
2- potatoes w garlic mayonnaise. AWESOME possum stuff. I have a thing for mayonnaise, so this was just perfect. The mayo had a garlicky, lemony twang to it that tasted simply... YUM.
3- chicken w ? Garlic? - didn't leave too much of an impression. Very meh.

Didn't quite like the mushroom soup. Was only so-so. I think their pumpkin soup was much better.

Overall, left this place with good vibes. Will definitely recommend this place to others - must try! Will be back to try their other dishes, that's for sure.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank ElusiveLi
Kota Kinabalu
“mixed bag”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Some dishes are great, others not so much. My mum had the salmon main and the portion was tiny. I love the mushroom soup and pasta dishes are pretty good. Prawns tapas not so good, not v fresh and vry tiny shrimp.

Visited December 2012
Dungun, Malaysia
“Nice Ambiance with great food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

Good food with nice ambiance, bar area is perfect to chilled your night, good service. If you looking for Salad try the Caesar Salad with crispy ham, absolutely perfect for the starter , visit on Thursday night there is live music perform.

• Visited December 2012
Malaysia
“We've been there 3 times...will surely be back again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

First time visit.... we ate :
1. Caesar Salad with Crispy Chicken Ham (nice, portion big enough can feed 2 person)
2. Creamy Broccoli Soup (nice, love it)
3. Risotto (Type of rice.... my partner like the taste but not for me)
3. Fruit platter (normal, there is papaya, honeydew, watermelon)
4. Chocolate brownies (super love it. Portion is big)

Second time visit.... we ate :
1. Green Peas Soup with Crispy Ham (Love it)
2. Mixed Garden Salad with Balsamic Dressing (normal)
3. Tumeric Rissoto with Thai Chicken
4. Fettuccine in Creamy Brown Sauce with Beef Meatballs (Love it, meatball taste good)
5. Fruit Platter (Small portion. Fruits was tasteless. Different from firts time visit. Not consistent)
6. Sakura Cheese Cake (normal, not cheese enough)

Third time visit... we ate :
We order back the same dish except we change the Rissoto with Crusted Dory Fish with Pumpkin Mash Sautéed Spinach (Really love it, what a wonderful new taste for me. Very impressive)

Overall service is good, food is on time, good place to eat.

• Visited September 2012