“service,information,management”

Bunibon Lodge
kuala lumpur
“service,information,management”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

i was here to stay since a month before alone and i was facing a lot of travel problem,information and the lodge provide a lot of optional and solution,and they was so kind and polite people that i never expected just pay for just a rm25 per night and i can get a perfect service and good smile face every workers,room was really clean,and the breakfast always ready early for us because that incharged person call fizzy was told me a lot of traveller cant get food early easier,morning flight problem,and he so care about us, if next time i was here kk again i will choose the same place and i was feeling hard to leave because they was take care me here.thanks again that to the boss call victor because of the hard job for management for us. :-)

Room Tip: no need to choose anyway all perfect for me ,why don't u ?
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
jung g, General Manager at Bunibon Lodge, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate you taking time to share your feedback on the hostel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. All rooms have access to free WiFi, serving complimentary breakfast and all of our rooms comes with air condition. Also,thank you for the comments about the service from my team. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team members Jane,Helen and Ros. Especially our owners of our Lodge Mr.Victor Suan.

Again, thank you for the feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Bunibon Lodge Kota Kinabalu when your next return to Sabah.

Best regards,
Fizzy Ezwan Bin Jeffery

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
York, UK
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights and found it a very friendly and welcoming place. I met like minded people in my dorm, as well as friendly locals - namely Prince who is a star, he showed me around KK, made me being homesick and introduced me to lots of locals. The staff were all part of a family who were helpful and very generous - they helped me book tours and picked me up from the airport with a funky VW beetle. I was there for Christmas Day and was fed with barbeque and beer :) The dorm had air conditioning, comfy beds and the lounge area is very sociable and nicely set out. I would recommend this backpackers to anyone, especially single travellers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank mrschubby_123
Aalborg, Denmark
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Hi everyone!

If you are going to KK - You have to visit BUNIBON LODGE! It's the best place to stay. Very clean, nice tv-lounge area, the best STAFF. Staff are really helpful and friendly (PRINCE is the best - actually like a PRINCE - ask for him!!) You can rent motorbikes here (one of only two places in all sabah) very pleasant stay, we been here twice and if we are coming back to KK, we will of course come back to BUNIBON LODGE! they care about every single guest and they make you feel like at home at BUNIBON LODGE.

WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOSTEL!!!!!!!! WE <3 BUNIBON !!!!!! So nice place to stay! Victor and Josephine (the owners) have done such a good job with this hostel... High five!!!!!

Room Tip: rooms on the south side are quieter - but the dorms is sooo good!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank p0ttel0tte
st. Genis Pouilly
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The dorm room is clean, but very small. The room on the side of lounge can be noisy when there is a party at night.
I took10 days, all include private tour, with their tour guide, Putra. Very bad organization, nothing is prepared in advance (The car was brokend 3 times on the way to Sandaken). Never follow the travel plan that he proposed me, Always skip my lunch or tell me that the meal is not included in the tour just before I eat. Always find excuses to leave me alone or drop me to other person, just for not doing his job.
The worst is the last 3 days, he told me that the camping is cancelled just 10 min. before leaving. and kind of forcing me to accept another home stay plan (as I didn't have other choices). At the end of these 3 days, the driver and the homestay family claimed money to me. Hoever, I had already paid the total somme to Putra!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Staff are really helpful and friendly, rooms are nice and cheap. They threw a party for the guests on xmas day. Had a great time here. Would definitely recommend it and would probably stay here again, great value for money!

• Stayed December 2012
4 Thank thecarlos
Reviewed December 16, 2012

good value for money. rooms are clean, beds and breakfast like all over malaysia. cozy lounge with tv. wifi is very good.
big PLUS: the stuff! if u have any questions or need to organize something: they will help u and let u experience the real sabah! they also offer trips kinabatangan for rainforest experience, to sepilok orang utan sanctuary and trips to the mount kinabalu nationalpark. their tourguide putra is very competent, no question about sabah and its wildlife he couldn't answer.
victor and josephine care about every single guest and they make u feel like at home at bunibon!
I highly recommend this hostel!

• Stayed December 2012
5 Thank julizz1008
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed December 16, 2012

BUNIBON LODGE was a very good hostel to stay(budget stay). It very cheap!!,
awesome staff(very kind and friendly),the most i like about BUNIBON LODGE are the lounge and kitchen(you can cook also the rest area very wide).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo