Diverse Borneo - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Do not just consider, just do it

We had a great time! We swam with fishes and a shark! This was one of the best dives we have tried... read more

Reviewed March 14, 2020
SoffenY
Aalborg, Denmark
Best place in town for Open Water Certification

Just completed my PADI cert with Diverse Borneo and I couldn’t recommend this outfitter enough... read more

Reviewed February 28, 2020
juliacA7917DF

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 25, 2019

I did 3 dives with Diverse Borneo, In general the experience is fine but I do recommend going with another shop. Reasons:
- Dives are limited to 45 minutes, I can't really justify why.
- DM was only guiding, didn't try to find interesting stuff to see.
- Between 3 dives, DM only pointed one electric clam, a shrimp and a turtle. Missing a few stuff on the way such as cuttlefish which he passed right next to.
- The dives were at the nearest dive spots in the marine park, the visibility was really bad (3m - 7m). It's not their fault the visibility is bad, but they could have gone a few minutes more to other dive spots were the visibility is better (+10m).

They won't do much, absolutely minimum effort with everything they do.

1  Thank homaily
Reviewed June 24, 2019

We really enjoyed our visit to Sapi and Gaya islands. The guides were very friendly. The day started early but the boat trip to the islands is only around 10-15 minutes. The snorkelling was good but we felt that 3 snorkels was far too much - we're relatively young and fit but it is quite tiring and we were expecting more sunbathing time. We opted not to do the second snorkel and were dropped at the island for lunch and our zipline, as we were the only ones in our group doing that. After their second snorkel everyone else had their lunch and we had a very small amount of free time on the island before the third snorkel. The weather wasn't great but it was still a fun day. The zipline was brilliant! Not too jerky or fast so the view was great.

Reviewed June 22, 2019 via mobile

Taking the Advanced Open Water Course with Diverse Borneo has been an awesome experience. Professional, friendly and super hilarious team. Our diving instructor, ALVIN was super friendly and playful but when it comes to learning the specific dive skills, he was professional and made sure we understood well and could perform each dive technique successfully. He was very patient and explained everything in detailed. Through the peak performance buoyancy dive, we’ve learn from Alvin how to better control our breathing and this has definitely helped a lot! Super grateful and thankful to him. Our brief time during surface intervals and lunch time with the other dive instructor, dive master and dive crews, Jason and Pray also showed us how friendly and experienced the team is. Would definitely be back diving with the team. If you wanna dive with an awesome bunch of instructors and dive-masters, Diverse Borneo is the place to be! You’ll be in good hands.

Reviewed June 20, 2019 via mobile

Fun, reliable, helpful and friendly team!

Took up a Diver Course individually. My instructor, Pray, was very patient and took good care of me during this course.

Would recommend Diverse Borneo to anyone wanting to take up diving or participate in other activities!

1  Thank rachhpachhh
Reviewed June 17, 2019

This is my first ever diving experience. The moment I was able to breath under the water, the feeling was just amazing and unforgettable.
My diving instructor, Alvin, he is superb friendly and patient, he will making sure everyone in the group are safe during the course. The explanation and instruction given by him was clear and easy to understand, it was my pleasure to have my first diving experience with him.
I registered the course solo, but glad to make new friends there and bunch of fun crews on the boat.
The course price is reasonable and good value for money. The 2 main reasons I choose Diverse Borneo after compared few diving centre in KK: reasonable price and excellent review, and I made the right decision!
Thanks Diverse Borneo, I found my passion in diving and looking forward to exploring underwater world!

1  Thank Seau_Ju