“Great place for those who seek comfort in nature..”
Review of J Residence

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kota Kinabalu
J Residence
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I was at J Residence with my family early 2013 for 2 nights. I have been to Kundasang few times and stayed at some of the nice 4 star accommodations. Somehow, this time around, I thought of experiencing something different with my family and we choose J Residence. No regrets, it was indeed a totally different experience and we love it very much! The room and beds were clean and comfy. We were there during low season so the promotion price is cheap and reasonable. We love the bathroom, with holes in between the roof and the wall to allow the cool air in! The wifi signal was good.The Bayu Restaurant is just nearby, within 5 minutes walk from the residence and it serves local and western menu at reasonable price. It is also nearby the entrance of Kinablau Park. The residence owner, Joshua, is very helpful and provide prompt reply via email regarding our bookings and trip questions. What we treasure most about the residence is it's quiet surrounding and the cool weather! We wish we could stay longer. I would recommend this place for those seeking comfort in nature. We will definitely come back to this place again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for J Residence

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had rooms 5A and 5B, which had a great view. The rooms were clean and beds comfy. The wifi was very welcome! There are two restaurants nearby. We used the one opposite MK park - food was reasonable and very cheap. The driveway was not as steep as we had expected from other reviews. We easily got up and down it in our Hyundai Matrix with 4 of us plus luggage.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Great location, just opp. KK park. I was staying in 3A&3B (total 5 adults + 2 children). It was spacious, clean and nice view, superb!!!...perhaps the sign board could be alittle bit more clear by not just a big "J" only, maybe put a full name on it. We overshot the place due to no clear signboard...and one last thing to improve is the bathroom, a little bit more brighter for the lightbulb will make the shower more pleasant at night and of course, the water pressure and the water heater...this is the only minus point..but overall is great, worth for $$$$$$$....

Room Tip: We only stayed in 3A&3B for one night (that was the only available room they had when we booked...
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I was at J residence with my family. At first I am not sure of what kind of place i am staying at, trust me, no regrets at all, superb. It was amazing, peaceful and relax. Simple place to stay yet it gave you totally special experience. We took 2 rooms 2A & 2B. My wife and children felt that we should have stayed there longer there.... I totally agree.... I totally recommend this place, sure to come back to this place.

Room Tip: Room 2A & 2B, nice view, relax quiet, more privacy, Room 5A & 5B full view, less privacy but...
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed for three nights at J Residence recently. Booking was extremely pleasant and easy and all correspondence was answered quickly. Upon arrival, we were shown our room which was very clean and comfortable. Rates were very reasonable.

J Residence is very conveniently located - a short walk - to the Kinabalu National Park. It is also close to two very good restaurants where we enjoyed various meals. There are also taxis close to the park which can be taken to other areas including the Poring Hot Springs.

I particularly enjoyed the quiet of J residence in a very tranquil setting. I would definitely go back and stay should I return to Sabah for another holiday!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarkSAustralia
Reviewed June 25, 2013

• Travel group: 7 adults and 3 children.
• Booked online through jresidences.com for Villa Room.
• We turn up really late for the check-in (10PM) and they even sms us to ask our whereabout. Checking-in was fast and easy and they servers you with a smile.
• The villa is very spacious and clean. All the rooms have their own bathroom with clean towels and toilaries. The bed is comfortable.
• Very spacious living room and separate dining hall too. They have a kitchen area with gas stoves and a fridge.
• The location is very near the Mount Kinabalu Park less then 5 mins drive. But the drive from Kota Kinabalu city center takes more then 2 hours. Have to be really careful cause the journey is very steep and slow.
• The surounding enviroment is manigficient with cool breeze from the trees. When we arrive, the weather is cloudy so we can't see the mounts. Love the most is the cool weather in the morning.

1  Thank chengwc
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I would say overall it was a very pleasant and fantastic stay here. We stayed at house 1, 3, 5 on the first day and house 1,2,3 on the 2nd day. so we got a taste of every room except for the villa. There are a few inconveniences and lacking here and there (there's kitchen stove but no appliances to cook with, the water pressure is slow) but we manage to go by it and it didn't dampen our experience there.
The scenery and ambience are definitely breathtaking. as everyone said, house 5 has the best view of all!! But all the other houses are great as well. I like the fact that all the houses got a very big balcony where everyone can gather around and enjoy each other company while embracing the beauty of nature and the nice cold weather.
At night it could get very very cold even the comforter is freezing as well. So for those who can't stand the chill like me, make sure to bring lots of thick clothes and socks.

All and all, I would highly recommend this plac for it's really worth the money you spent!! (it's very near to kinabalu park as well)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
#4 of 31 in Ranau
Kinabalu Park
Kinabalu Park
#3 of 31 in Ranau

Been to J Residence? Share your experiences!