“Best in Mt Kinabalu”
Review of J Residence

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kota Kinabalu
J Residence
Singapore, Singapore
“Best in Mt Kinabalu”
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Firstly, I would like to Thank Joshua, for being such a sweetheart! He assist us on how to choose/to check a good rental car, since we girls are really clueless how to go about it!
Due to come unforeseen circumstances, we need to make last minute arrangement such as change of rooms, without hesitation, he tried his best to accommodate to our needs, without charging us a penalty!
We felt in debts with him, thus we invited him to our BBQ at J residence, sadly, due to work schedule, he couldn’t attend.
We deeply appreciate your assistance Joshua! J Residence is fortunate having you!

For those with own rental vehicles like us, do not worry about the parking, there’s enuff lots for at least 4 cars, however, the slopes at the entrance its rather steep, good if you are driving auto car, or not, your car need to have enough power to accelerate up. Its really steep and no kidding.

We stayed at the villa and room 3A and 3B. We are really impressed, the villa is so spacious, can at least sleep another 15persons!! Kidding. So we brought our dvd to watch in the living room, dine at our dining table, and cooks in the kitchen, I must say its really well-equipped kitchen! As for the rooms, beds are comfy, and most importantly, the toilet is very very clean, and there’s hot shower! Its really cold at night, so you really need that.
As for room 3A and 3B, there’s a mini kitchen, so its also good for us, and the common area(the balcony), we stayed up and chat till morning!

Overall the experience in J Residence, way exceeded our expectation. Its my second trip to Mt Kinabalu, so trust me, you can never find such a lovely place like home. Esp those that are particular with bathroom, this is definitely a right choice!

Room Tip: For good view, choose room 5a and 5b, need simple kitchen, choose room 3a and 3b, bigger grp, choose...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore
Reviewed December 14, 2011

Good experience and very near the National park. Good place to hide away from the city clutter. Limited food supply around the area.

Room Tip: Choose either House 3 or 5
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eugene L
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed December 13, 2011

I travelled with my husband and 3 children to Kinabalu Park in December. Thanks to TripAvisor for helping me choose this lovely place for our accomodation there. It's the closest to the Park - a mere 15 minute walk. The rooms were clean, comfortable and had an excellent view. I simply loved the setting of this place admist the lush greenery. The veranda infront of each unit/room is a lovely place to relax, have tea or just read a book. Joshua who is the owner is an excellent person to communicate with when booking the place. He chose the right unit for my family of 5 and also gave good advice on what we could do there. Its a pity I didn't get to meet him during my visit as he was away.

I would surely recommend this place to anyone wanting to visit Kinabalu Park. And of course I would like to stay here again, Thank you Joshua for a lovely place to share with everyone.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Juz got back from J Residence. Lovely place and very very cold especially in the evening up. Kids loves it. Stayed at room 3b and wif the kitchen there and a BBQ pit next to it was a great place to be. Did my cooking there and having dinner & breakfast on the porch wif the coldness & view it was something different. Bring ur own cooking utensil cause there's only 1 gas stove & a kettle. Be suggesting to my brothers ( friends ) to hav our family day there in the near future. Home away from home

Room Tip: Room 5b hav nice view. Big family outing get room 2a & 2b or 3a & 3b ( connected ) hav ur o...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Newburyport, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 6, 2011

J Residence turned out to be an excellent choice for us because our prime interest was visiting the park, hiking and birdwatching there. The units were very clean and seemed quit new. The place was quiet and perfect for what we wanted: a comfortable bed, quiet surroundings and close proximity to the park.

My only complaint is that one of the young women who was in charge had little English and it was hard to communicate with her, the other was fluent and helpful.

J Residence is highly recommended. It's the closest lodging to the park to which you can walk in about 15 minutes.

There is also a small restaurant just outside the park, not affiliated with J Residence but only 5 minutes away, where the porters and guides gather. The food was excellent, the prices good and it was handy because of its closeness to both Park and J Residence.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed December 3, 2011

Stayed for 3D2N in J residence on 5th Nov2011.
We had booked the BBQ on 5th, prepared the food nevertheless can't start the fire due to strong wind and moist coal. Thought we had to give up, the staff there came and helped us. In few minutes, they got the fire up, added charcoal and starter without charges. Touched.

Room was cleaned everyday, clean, air was fresh as we are surrounded by natural forest. Our room 5 have a windows in both room and toilet to look at the majestic forest, breathtaking! I love the veranda where we prepared simple breakfast and enjoyed our lazy morning there.

Just one weakness if you are insisting me to point out, for our 2 days of visit, there is power failure at around 10am. It actually doesnt affect our daily routine as we are out in the day time and its bright enough and we don't need aircon there. According to the staff there, this was quite common in the rural area...

Room Tip: ROOM 5a and room 5b
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2011

I just came back from there for my 3days 2nights trip at Kundasang...

J Residence is lovely place... I will suggest my friends to there and also I will go back for my next trip to Kundasang...

I love this place.... Peaceful and quite place...

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
#1 of 34 in Ranau
Kinabalu Park
Kinabalu Park
#3 of 27 in Ranau

Been to J Residence? Share your experiences!