“Mt Kinabalu & PADI Open Water Diver course”

Borneo Dream Travel & Tours
Ranked #3 of 78 Tours in Kota Kinabalu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Borneo Dream offers the best range of scuba diving and snorkeling trips & courses from Kota Kinabalu. Try our fast RIB rides - a first for Sabah. We offer high quality, professional, safe and fun tropical underwater experiences. From try dives, learning to dive, coral reefs and wreck diving to rebreathers. We are also a licensed inbound Tour Operator and can arrange the most popular above water trips and packages. Helping you experience the best Sabah has to offer. Come try us for a great holiday in tropical Sabah!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Miami, Australia
“Mt Kinabalu & PADI Open Water Diver course”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I completed three glorious days of diving in Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park, Sabah with Borneo Dream resulting in me becoming a certified PADI Open Water Diver! Their admin team was exceptional in helping me organise my trip prior including arranging everything for my trek up Mt Kinabalu (tough but worth it). Everything ran smoothly in country including pick ups from my hostel and meeting at the pier for diving. I felt very safe as a solo female traveler. The course activities and diving adventures were unreal and my instructor was an awesome guy who made passing the course a breeze. My guide for the trek was also an amazing person who I wouldn't have made it to the top without. All in all a great company to work with and I look forward to using them on my next visit to Sabah.

Visited July 2014
MelissaKiob, Sales & Marketing at Borneo Dream Travel & Tours, responded to this review, August 24, 2014
Hi Mermaid_Sib,

Thank you for you review about Borneo Dream and for sharing your feedback with TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to know you appreciate the service we have provided and extra pleased to know you had a great time on both trips. We do our best to ensure you trips are as what you have expected and hopefully more. To know you have enjoyed your time means a lot to us.

Many thanks again for booking your trips in Borneo with us and congratulations in conquering Mount Kinabalu!

Hopefully you will join us for some diving in the near future! :)

• Chinese (Traditional) first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

We did three days of diving with Borneo Dream amd seriously wouldnt consider going with anyone else! The staff, boats, equipment and most of all friendliness make this dive company simply amazing!! If in Kota Kinabalu.. don't use anyone else!

Hi Joanne C,

I am really pleased you appreciated our professional approach, friendliness and enjoyed some lovely dives in nearby Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park.

Hopefully we will see you again in Sabah in the nearest future. Until next time, happy diving! :)
Adelaide Hills, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Sepilok, River cruise and snorkelling”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

We used Borneo Dream to organise 3 tours for us in Sabah. We had issues from Aus trying to pay via their internet payment method but once we arrived it was all worthwhile.
Sepilok
We were picked up promptly from our hotel in Sandakan and clearly explained about the trip and relevant background info before arriving at the sanctuary. We then we're taken to see the Orang-utans being fed dinner. After the visit we were returned to our accommodation. It was a really easy, nice tour and well guided by Connor.
River Cruise
We joined a tour of Kinabatangan River which didn't deliver the number of animals we were hoping for (a few monkey species) but good all the same. There is 20+ boats with yours so the chance of a random, wild encounter aren't great. On the way back to the nature lodge it began pouring down and there isn't any cover on the boats so you will drown. The motor also failed at this point so we sat in the torrential rain going nowhere waiting for a rescue. The Nature lodge was good enough to give us use of a room to dry up even though we weren't staying overnight before a nice dinner with all the other guests. We then had to brave the rain to get back to our van over the river for our trip back to our hotel. An OK tour but the staff, from the lodge to the drivers, were all fantastic
Snorkelling
We went out from KK for a day of snorkelling around Gaya Island. We were guided by Richard who was very friendly, informative and overall a great host. This has been the highlight of our Borneo trip and we really enjoyed the time spent duck-diving and skimming on the surface to see all the pretty fish, cray, squid, eels and coral species. A great lunch provided and just a perfect way to spend a day. Really happy with the memories.

Overall, thank you Borneo Dream for great guidance from home and then a great service once we arrived and through all the tours we joined. A great company to use again if we return!!

Hi tundeR23,

Thank you again for taking the time to share your Sepilok, River Cruise and Snorkeling experience with us. We are pleased you enjoyed your trips with us in Kota Kinabalu and your wildlife trips in Sandakan.

We do our best in ensuring all our customers trips are well organised so that you can enjoy your holiday to its fullest. The wildlife trip is run by a trip supplier of ours and based on our personal experience at the lodge, the guides and teams have always been more than helpful and very knowledgeable. We are glad you have experienced the same hospitality as we did.

We will pass your comments onto Richard. Hopefully we can create some more happy memories on your next trip.

Thank you again for booking your trips with us :)
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“Great time!”
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

My husband & I went on 5 dives in 2 days. Our guide was Richard & he was extremely knowledgeable & could answer all our questions about the area (Sapi island, Gaya, Kota Kinabalu...). He was very patient--We are both Advanced OWDs but I have trouble equalizing. I told him that and he just calmly waited for me to descend rather than rushing me like they do at some other places. I am used to prepping my own equipment, but Richard & the crew did everything for us, allowing us to just relax. We ate lunch at Sapi island (included in the price). The only downside to our experience was all the garbage out in the open sea. But this is not anything that can be controlled by the dive company. Also, some of the gear is a bit worn, but everything is in good working condition so it's not a problem. Go diving with these guys, it's a must if you're in this neck of the woods--you'll most certainly enjoy your time out in the deep blue:-)

Hi Firouzeh1,

I am pleased you appreciated the quality of service provided by our team both before, and during your diving trip.

We hope we can show you more excellent day trips in the future :)
WA
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Highly Recomended”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

The Borneo dream team made our trip to Kota Kinbalu exciting, memorable and easy. From the moment I contacted the team they were quick with responses and information. Borneo Dream organised a day diving for my boyfriend and a wildlife day trip. My boyfriend loved the diving so much on the first day he booked in again for for the next day and convinced my to come along snorkelling which I am exceptionally glad I did. A big thanks to Joanne, Annabella, Ian and diving guides Andrew and Rebecca. We can't wait to come back for more adventures!!!

Visited July 2014
Hi Bec76,

Thank you for leaving a review about Borneo Dream on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to direct our efforts in the right way.

We are delighted to hear that your diving, wildlife and snorkeling trip with us was great. We do our best to provide a safe, high quality and fun diving experience to everyone.

Hopefully we will see you again next time you are in Kota Kinabalu :)