“Loved it”

Borneo Dream Travel & Tours
Ranked #3 of 86 Tours in Kota Kinabalu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Borneo Dream offers the best range of scuba diving and snorkeling trips & courses from Kota Kinabalu. Try our fast RIB rides - a first for Sabah. We offer high quality, professional, safe and fun tropical underwater experiences. From try dives, learning to dive, coral reefs and wreck diving to rebreathers. We are also a licensed inbound Tour Operator and can arrange the most popular above water trips and packages. Helping you experience the best Sabah has to offer. Come try us for a great holiday in tropical Sabah!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Hello,
I'm Mira, a Korean.

My husband and I did Scuba Diving with PADI on January 22nd, 2014.
The weather was not so good; it was raining and windy, but we were fine in the water.
I was so scared because I could only see 30cm in front of me. And also I’m not used to breathing with just my mouth...
But thanks to Ian (instructor), a very nice gentle man, I could get comfortable with everything. Obviously he had to put in effort :P... Sorry again Ian.
Also I can’t say how kind you were with me and I will never forget it... Thanks a million. :)
If Ian didn't encourage me I wouldn’t have seen the sea turtle, the color-changing fish, the Nemo-clown fish, and the variety of other sea life.

It was AMAZING!

I highly recommend you guys to do this activity with PADI, Borneo dream.

Also the staff there was super nice! The other instructor Lucas, Jin, boat driver-I'm sorry I don't remember your name...:( And someone who will get married soon.
You guys were awesome! Thanks again for everything.

With PADI I felt very comfortable because they always checked everyone’s life vest, they prepared fresh water, candy, and also biscuits, and each person got a big towel.
What else...
We sent our height, weight and shoe size before we were in Kota Kinabalu, so PADI prepared our diving suit and flippers.
We ate a nice lunch at some island. The food there was nice too.

Anyway I recommend you to go with PADI, and you will never regret it!! :)

1  Thank Hi_Korea
MelissaKiob, Sales & Marketing at Borneo Dream Travel & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Hi Mira,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are pleased you have enjoyed your scuba diving day trip with Borneo Dream during your recent trip to Kota Kinabalu.

The visibility within and around the marine park can be affected as we are in the tropical country and there are times when we receive more rain/wind than usual.

Thank you again for your taking the time to share your dive experience with us and the recommendations.

Our staffs are always working to ensure everyone enjoy their day out with us. Hopefully we will see you again in the near future. :)

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Discover scuba dive day
Highly recommended, I had an amazing day and experience .
The team where absolutely brilliant!!!
Just do it!!!!'

Hi Paul,

Thank you for you review about Borneo Dream and for sharing your feedback with TripAdvisor.

It is our aim to provide a quality service, making the day as enjoyable as possible whilst keeping safety a priority.

Next time you are in KK we would be more than happy to see you at Borneo Dream again. :)

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We last minute decided to spend our New Year getting our Open Water certificates in Sabah and Borneo Dream was the first (and almost only) center to respond to our email of inquiry. Price was really fair and we were actually happy about the idea to do the confined water learning in sea water in a beautiful area.
Eugene, our instructor, was amazingly patient with us and taught us to do a lot of things we never really quite imagined and to feel comfortable under water should you experience any sort of problem.
We had a great time and it was really hard to leave.
If the visibility under water was not as great as we hoped due to the rain season, we still saw a few turtles, cuttlefishes, rays, "nemos", etc. and we made really good friends there.

MelissaKiob, Management Representative at Borneo Dream Travel & Tours at Borneo Dream Travel & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Hi nowiinchina,

Thank you for leaving a review about Borneo Dream on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to direct our efforts in the right way.

It is great to hear that you had a good time during your PADI Open Water Diver course here in Kota Kinabalu.

We will pass on your comments to Eugene and hopefully next time you are in KK you will join us for some more diving!

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I choose Borneo Dreams as the dive company to do my emergency rescue diver qualification with I found them to be very safe,professional and fun.
my dive instructor Ian was a very capable teacher and made the two days a fun learning experience.
There was a great choice of food each day for lunch that was cooked to order .

1  Thank chillielf
borneodreamer, management representative at Borneo Dream Travel & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Hi chillielf,

Thanks for your review about Borneo Dream. Its great to hear that you had a good time during your Rescue course here in Kota Kinabalu. Safety and fun are our main priorities at Borneo Dream and the good food at lunch time is just an added bonus :-)

We will pass on your comments to Ian and hopefully next time you are in KK you will join us for some more diving!

Reviewed December 14, 2013

We've booked a tour from Kota Kinabalu to the Tip of Borneo. Our guide was experienced and knowlegable and spoke very good English. The ride was very comfortable. Although the distance between the two points is long (the tour lasted from 8 am to 6 pm) we made several stops along the way and were able to see the village life in the region. It happened to be only my husband and I as no one else registered for the tour for that particular day. I'd recommend the tour and the tour company in general!

Hi ShortyFromNY,

Thank you for your review about your trip to Kudat. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your tour to the 'Tip of Borneo' and its good to know that you would recommend the tour to others.

If you are ever back in Sabah we would be more than happy to arrange some more tours for you and your husband!