“Very caring instructor”

Borneo Dream Travel & Tours
Ranked #3 of 77 Tours in Kota Kinabalu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Borneo Dream offers the best range of scuba diving and snorkeling trips & courses from Kota Kinabalu. Try our fast RIB rides - a first for Sabah. We offer high quality, professional, safe and fun tropical underwater experiences. From try dives, learning to dive, coral reefs and wreck diving to rebreathers. We are also a licensed inbound Tour Operator and can arrange the most popular above water trips and packages. Helping you experience the best Sabah has to offer. Come try us for a great holiday in tropical Sabah!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very caring instructor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

If you are new to dive and getting a license here, they are perfect for you. All the instructors we have met (the one instructing us and those in our and other boats) were very professional, friendly, caring and informative that you can trust them above and under water. And I believe they have instructors that speak different languages that might able to assist you if you don't understanding what to do:)
Also, they offer you basically everything and you don't have to bring anything into the boat (except money, or if you already paid, this is really no need) and just enjoy the day!

1 Thank voniB

• Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Diving experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I booked my Open Water Diving Course and my husband had refresher course with Borneo Dreams last March. I guess we were lucky finding them on tripadaviser, because these guys are absolutely brilliant! They organised diving in Kota Kinabalu and arranged trip to Lankayan diving resort( excluding flights). My diving teacher Misol in Kota Kinabalu was truly professional and helpful. I was struggling to descent even for 3 m because I had problems with my ears and thought that I won't be able to get certified, but somehow we managed to descent for 18 m, and I was absolutely fine. It was our first diving experience with Borneo Dreams and I hope not the last.

1 Thank Mari M
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly, helpful service. Quality company. Great diving!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Firstly a MASSIVE thank you to Koanne, Billy and all the team. The fact they were so flexible made my life much easier in organizing one day of DSD Try dives for 10 people, 3 days of leisure diving for 5 people, plus putting 10 people up MT Kibabalu- great effort people!

Having dived all over the world I have to say that Borneo Dream are equal to the most professional dive company I have come across, and superior to most. A seriously great set up with fantastic equipment and instructors/ guides. Of my group if 15, lots hadn't dived before and others were rusty; everyone enjoyed it and many are now planning holidays to do their PADI OW!

I'm not sure how the diving we experienced rates to the usual quality but for those of us that cracked all 3 days, we thought it was awesome. Mixed vis at different sites obviously has some effect but our guides always found interesting stuff to look at, and on 8 dives we saw LOADS of ray, various eels, and heaps of fish including parrot, lion, flat, stone, clown in lots of different habitats, plus: squid, barracuda, and three turtles, including one slowly making his way along the reef a metre away from us. Guess which dive my GoPro failed on?! They also managed the photographer vs non-photographer tension/ priorities very well with noone seemingly upset by different priorities on each dive.

In summary, these guys are great, the TARP is a beautiful area with some fantastic diving, and KK is a cool place if you want a relaxed big-town vibe. If you're thinking of going then do it. But don't ruin it for my next trip back there!

Shanghai, China
“Thank you JC and Eugene”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I got my AOW licensee few days ago... but what excited me is not the licensee(i heard people might fail in OW, but no one ever fail in AOW anyway...? LOL) JC helped me with my breathe and buoyancy. in 4 dives, I dive from 6 weight to 4 weight. and my air consuming less than at least 20%. DO THANKS JC.

+ Eugene was my gf's OW instructor. besides his killing look (my gf said he looks like Tony Leung under water ^_^) his patience, his professional impressed both of us.

besides Eugene and JC, all team members in Burneo dream are too nice... I've been to many dives center world wides, i will say this is one of the best, and this will be your smart and good choice if you go to KK.

Visited March 2013
EdrieDream, Dream Team at Borneo Dream Travel & Tours, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Hi Hoi To L,

Thank you so much for excellent review of yours and your partner's scuba diving experience with Borneo Dream. We are very pleased to know you both have enjoyed your scuba diving courses with us and hopefully you both will enjoy plenty of diving trips together in the future.

We are pleased you appreciate the service the team have provided, we do our best to ensure you enjoy your diving course safely.

Hopefully we will see you both again in the nearest future, leisure diving in Kota Kinabalu.

Best regards,
Hong Kong, China
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Strongly recommend Borneo Dream's OW Diving course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

The PADI OW diving course organised by this centre is excellent. I check the internet before I go to Sabah and enquiry for the course ahead, details information and price are clearly stated and very informative for me to make decision. The instructor - Eugene was arranged as my instructor, he is very professional, patience and knowledgable. I enjoy the diving course very much and with his guidance, I successfully being a certified OW Diver. After the course had completed on 28th, I join the leisure diving on 1 March 2013. There were some Certified divers join our diving, but it showed clearly that I got a better training than they did. I will go there in April 2013 again for my Advance course.
George Chan/HKG/4 March 2013