Good things about staying here :
- The air conditioning at Room 403 (Queen bed with window) was very powerful. It chilled the room within a jiffy!
- The hot shower was blissful. It was very powerful, as good as a body massage but could be quite pain. The temperature control was great as I couldn't tolerate much heat while my another half could.
- The boss is very friendly and helpful. There was once we checked out to change our stay to Le Meridien for two nights and he extended our check out time to 2pm. That was very considerate of him.
- You are allowed to pay after you stay.
- You are allowed to deposit your valuable with the lodge.
- You are allowed to deposit your luggages with the lodge in their store rooms.
Bad things about staying here :
- The bedding, perhaps, had dusty smell on it but it was tolerable.
- The space of walking was very limited. We carried two luggages weighing around 25kg and I had to jump over when I needed to go toilet or go out.
- The reception floor has no air conditioning. Imagine checking in and out in the afternoons.
- There was no lift or help given to carry our luggages. Imagine carrying 25kg luggages up 3 floors! My another half felt like dying especially after our climb of Mount Kinabalu and both of us were suffering from body ache.
- There was this old lady in charge of the counter couldn't hear properly and being adamant about registering my name and details even though I offered to write it myself (which the previous guy in charge of the counter did). Annoying much.
- Room 203 (Queen bed without window) air conditioning wasn't working fast enough. It took perhaps 5 times of the time to chill Room 403.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your City Park Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- City Park Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- City Park Lodge Kota Kinabalu, Sabah