KK Times Square Hotel
Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu(Kota Kinabalu)
$124
$118
LeMeridien.com
  • Pool
Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa(Kota Kinabalu)
$286
$275
Shangri-La.com
Hotel Grandis(Kota Kinabalu)
$100
$97
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Regency Kinabalu(Kota Kinabalu)
$100
$97
The Klagan Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
$49
$148
$150
$108
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Shangri-La Kota Kinabalu(Kota Kinabalu)
$56
$49
Hotel Sixty3(Kota Kinabalu)
$124
$80
Trip.com
All reviewsshopping mallhotel is greattv channelsnice roomhotel roomroom servicespagokkfacilitiesconveniencedryerironrmconsconcierge
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Location
20 minutes from the airport
10 minutes drive from major shopping malls and KK hotspots
the square is currently under development. hence, there is nothing much here at night for nightlife. there are pubs which open till 2-3am and ktv which closes quite late. also make sure u eat sufficiently before coming back to the hotel.

Facilities:
Very basic
Mamak restaurant downstairs.
24 hours convenient store inside the square.

Very accommodating
Check in & out process quite fast
Reception and housekeeping staff are friendly and pretty :)
ask the receptionist to call for taxi (then get the cab's phone number to ease your movement).

Room

Satisfied

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank nazzerooney
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here last year and it was my husband who booked this hotel at my surprise. Eventhough we live only 5min drive away, we sometimes stay at hotel for fun. Personally, I don't really like the area. It's near to the city centre but then u need to have ur own transportation to move around as there was no taxi around. There are clubs nearby but a little difficult to find a restaurant withing walking distance. Transportation is important if u stay here. When we stayed there, the air con was broke n it was quite hot that night. The interior does not really impressed me. It's just an average room

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2013

They are few hotels in KK time square but I personally like this one the most.
I stayed here twice and the first time (August 2012) I stayed in a standard room and it was very small, the interior looks a bit old, then decided to stay again this year due to the price it's pretty valuable, and got myself a bigger room which was the deluxe king. It was way bigger then the previous room I stayed and it was pretty clean and quality of the interior was good! Exceeded my expectation than my precious stay.

Overall, receptionist were alright and the room are always ready (I think the housekeeping do a pretty good job on that) however the location were a bit inconvenient, there are not much restaurants around. I think it's okay for a short stay.

I would definetely cme back again

Room Tip: Do not get the standard room, the price are very small between standard and deluxe! So just get the deluxe room (or executive)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kyra0501
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed in this hotel back in year 2010 but did not write any review about the hotel until now... Frankly, I had an awful stay in this hotel which I'd never forget. The hotel is located within city centre but it is not so convenient if you don't have your own transport. I did not enjoy my stay in this hotel mainly because the room was so dirty - there were ants found in the room! The housekeeper did not clean the room properly and she was even lazy to change the bedsheet as I could tell it was the same bedsheet from the dirty stain left on it! There was this very rude and brainless front office male manager - luckily I've forgotten his name. He was very unprofessional and failed to deliver good customer service. Anyways, my stay with this hotel was a nightmare and I definitely wouldn't recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed over for a night for a business trip. Room was alright, comfortable and wi-fi was available. There's nightlife around this KK Times Square area. However, getting around is a concern as it is quite out of the way from the city area and having a vehicle is a necessity. Else, the stay was just alright.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business