All reviews water dispenser walking distance seafood single room room was a bit small nice bathroom easy access hotel is situated strategic location sea view kota kk eateries waterfront receptionist pharmacy dryer
Selected filters
Reviewed February 25, 2019 via mobile

I rarely write reviews on hotel but i must voice out my frustration on my stay with this hotel. I was given a second floor room with window and on the midnight 1-2 am, there was people laughing, shouting and talking from the outside. I was unable to sleep for the whole night due to the loud and clear noise leaked from the outside. I guess this was due to the poorly constructed window and low quality of window material. Besides, the bed was so squeaky, i couldnt move to avoid disturbance to my sleepy and tired partner. I was really upset with the stay. No more cititel for me!!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deecat225
CititelExpressKK, Hotel Manager at Cititel Express Kota Kinabalu, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2019

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We regret to read that you have had a bad experience during your stay with us. Our front office team would be able to assign you another room to get rid of the noise should you have informed us during your stay. You are such a considerate and nice person since you avoid moving and disturbance to ensure your sleepy and tired partner to have a good rest. We would look into the bed condition that you have highlighted to get it fixed.

Once again, thank you for leaving us your feedback and this will certainly allow us to improve further.

Best regards,
Sherry Yee
Hotel Manager

Reviewed February 12, 2019

THE HOTEL DESCRIPTIONS;
Hotel name : Cititel Express Kota Kinabalu
Date check in : January 28, 2019 (Monday)
Date check out : January 29, 2019 (Tuesday)
Duration stay : 02 Days & 01 Night.
Room number : 219.
Room rate : MYR180.00 (excluded breakfast).
Remarks : 1st stay experience in this property.The receptionist is friendly and helpful.
Nice guest floor decoration.

REVIEW ABOUT THIS HOTEL.
* The room decoration is simple but nice.
* Nice bathroom design,
* But no closet,
* No iron and ironing board.
* No fridge.
* Nice city view.
* Strategic location.

THIS HOTEL IS GOOD TO RECOMMEND FOR?
* Solo traveler : Yes
* Leisure guest : Yes
* Business guest : Yes.
* Disabled guest : Yes.
* Family with child's and friends : Yes
* Meeting or seminars : No.
* Wedding or big events : No.
* Group or delegates : Yes.
............................

Date of stay: January 2019
29  Thank Budakesunyian88
Reviewed January 1, 2019 via mobile

I was at this hotel at the end of 2018 for work. The location is very good, very central to airport, to my branch office, to shopping, to food.

I got the windowless room because I didn't expect to need a window. Ended up in the middle of the corridor for the room. It was quite noisy in the middle of the night with the lifts dinging and children screaming. But that was just the first night when I was too tired to be bothered. But the noise bothered my room mate.

We did not get breakfast at the hotel as food is plentiful all around. Average spend excluding drinks is less than RM5. I would say that's cheap. Average lunch is RM10. Average dinner is RM20~30.

The toilet is alright, nothing special. Water pressure at the shower is good. And the water is hot.

I requested for late check out and it cost us RM20 per hour after the stated check out time of 12noon.

Didn't get the chance to check out other facilities provided by the hotel.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed December 8, 2018 via mobile

Room is small but the comfortable bed compensated for it.

The window opening is quite dangerous if you pushed your bed all the way to tu the window for space. Someone might just accidentally rolled out!!!.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
CititelExpressKK, Hotel Manager at Cititel Express Kota Kinabalu, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2018

Dear A T,

Thank your for your review.

The gap of all windows in room are being checked and tighten up regularly. Rest assured, safety and security is always our top concern.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcoming your return in the near future.

Regards,
Sherry Yee

Reviewed November 7, 2018 via mobile

Very smooth experience. Fast check in, nice and clean room. The staff is very efficient, I left some clothes for laundry and got them back just hours later. They don't have an in house restaurant but 10 meters from the entrance is both a 24 hour convenience store and a small eatery.
Location is about in the middle of everything, 10 minutes walk to big malls, or use a Grab to go where you want

Date of stay: November 2018