All reviews m club rooftop bar infinity pool academic trip hard rock cafe mr mark teppan table we arrived late evening working desk hotel management hotel with great service the hotel car park special thanks walking distance to many places guest toilet small mall top floor
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

3 nights at this hotel last week. Stay started OK although no apparent upgrade for Platinum member. On the second night, our room (1305) developed a strong sewer smell coming from the drain.
We left to explore on our second day and advised of the issue. Upon our return, many hours later at 10PM we came back to an overpowering smell in the room and the issue had not been fixed!
Their response was to change us to another room... At 10PM, with our children, and they asked us to move our luggage! Ridiculous, they had the whole day to fix the issue and now they wanted to inconvenience us and make us move? We decided against moving since we did not have any other option and stayed in the room, surviving the horrible smell all night.
The worst was the next morning at check out. There was no mention of our inconvenience, no compensation, no apology, like it never happened. When I mentioned it to the front desk, it took 15 minutes for somebody to come, at which point they asked me if I was coming back!!! Seriously? I would never come back to this hotel and will write marriott a lengthy complaint.
Avoid this hotel at all costs, many better and properly managed options in the city.

1  Thank ranger22SG
Kota Kinabalu M, General Manager at Kota Kinabalu Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear ranger22SG,

Greetings from Kota Kinabalu Marriott Hotel.

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for selecting us as your preferred accommodation in Kota Kinabalu during your recent stay with us.

I would also like to thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback of the experience you have had. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we have fallen short of meeting your expectations, which have caused you and your family distress.

I truly apologise for the inconvenience that our team had caused at that time, and I have consulted my team to be more helpful and proactive in the future. I would like to assure you that the behaviour of our team members is certainly not the characteristics of the level of service our team of associates strive to provide.

As a teachable moment, I have shared your feedback with my team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent recurrence in the future.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to welcome you and your family back with us in the near dates to come and to give us the opportunity to restore your confidence with my team's hospitality and with Kota Kinabalu Marriott Hotel.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The resort is waterfront, and on the day we checked in, there was a colorful Raya celebration with lit up Transformer characters in the promenade between the hotel and the sea.

This was a short overnight stay for us, but made memorable because of the kindness and understanding of Fuhad at the front desk... Another shout out to Frendly from bell desk who was really friendly! His ever smiling face made us feel very welcome.

We arrived late evening and were to check out post breakfast the next day, so that huge self standing bath tub in the corner sea view room was just the thing! The bathroom wall facing out into the sea is clear glass with blinds, and there is a separate shower cubicle.

We ordered in-room breakfast, which was beautifully plated.

A short but memorable stay.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 3Ms_foodntravelogram
Kota Kinabalu M, General Manager at Kota Kinabalu Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear 3Ms_foodntravelogram,

Thank you for selecting Kota Kinabalu Marriott Hotel as your preferred choice of accommodation whilst in Kota Kinabalu and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback of your stay with us.

My team and I are very happy to know that you have had a wonderful staying experience with us. I will certainly share your encouraging comments to my team members, Fuad and Frenlly especially, as it will surely give them the encouragement to strive and continue to provide exceptional hospitality to all of our valued guests such as yourself.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back with us in the near dates to come!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

From arrival to departure we were always greeted by the staff with a big smile, especially Frienlly who could make you smile without saying anything.

The rooms are bright, spacious and well equipped and the beds are very comfortable.
The rain shower is fantastic and complemented with a very well stocked bathroom amenity box.

The M Club is comfortable and has an amazing panoramic view.
The breakfast buffet is somewhat limited, and we did have a rather long wait for an omelette and scrambled eggs one morning.
The evening spread is good and drinks are all stocked.

The Style bar and seating area is unsurprisingly very popular at sunset but does quieten down later.

The Big Fish restaurant is definitely worth going to. The food is excellent and very well priced. The staff are amazing as is the view.

Special mention to Elaine Yap who was extremely helpful in sorting out a couple of minor issues we had.

We would definitely recommend booking a city tour through the hotel. Ours was 150 Malaysian Ringgit for the car as opposed to the 130 MR each offered by tour companies close by.

1  Thank Pete B
Kota Kinabalu M, General Manager at Kota Kinabalu Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Dear Pete B,

Greetings from Kota Kinabalu Marriott Hotel.

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback of your stay with us.

My team and I are very happy to know that you have had a wonderful stay experience with us; from the comfort of our room to the offerings we have at M Club, Stylo and Big Fish. I will certainly share your encouraging comments to my team members, Frenlly and Elaine especially, as it will surely give them the encouragement to strive and continue to provide exceptional hospitality to all of our valued guests such as yourself.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Kota Kinabalu Marriott Hotel very soon.

Reviewed September 5, 2019 via mobile

service was outstanding with friendly, courteous and helpful staff, right from the front desk, room service and to the concierge. special mention to concierge adrian, who arranged three tours for us. he was very helpful in coordinating our succeeding activities when we were off to an out of town tour. every time that our tour had a swimming activity or getting wet, adrian made sure that we had towels on our trip. marriott is the way to go in malaysia.

Dear allan_y1965,

Thank you for choosing the hospitality of Kota Kinabalu Marriott Hotel and for taking the time to write a review on your recent experience.

As we pride ourselves in offering the highest levels of care and hospitality to all our guests, we are delighted to learn that you had a wonderful experience whilst staying with us. We are glad that the services and hospitality of our Brilliant Hosts have made your stay more memorable. We will definitely extend your kind words to Adrian to acknowledge him on his outstanding service during your stay.

Reviewed September 4, 2019

I booked an executive suit online and had some complications with payment due to my details expiring- Although I had informed the staff of my arrival time and date they ignored my emails and demanded payment. I was in a remote location leading up to my arrival and so could not make payment before hand- they ended up cancelling my booking and so I had to pay a different rate- fair enough. But the staff were not friendly about this and cancelled my booking on the same day that I was arriving despite knowing my arrival time! The room was adequate although the cleaning staff had forgotten some of their cleaning products in there. When I asked staff where to eat, they vaguely pointed in a direction and were not very informative. I do not think the staff here are properly trained for a 5 star resort. I have been to a few around south east Asia and I have never felt so unwelcome!

Room tip: Don not bother with this hotel- you can find better for cheaper
Date of stay: August 2019
3  Thank george d
Kota Kinabalu M, General Manager at Kota Kinabalu Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2019

Dear george d,

Greetings from Kota Kinabalu Marriott Hotel.

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback and would like to extend my sincere apologies on behalf of my team and myself, for the service you received during your recent stay that did not meet your expectations.

It is inadvertently an error on our part for the breakdown of our communication when your booking was made upon your arrival. Nevertheless, we are glad that our hosts were able to arrange a room for your continued enjoyment.

I would like to assure you that the behavior of our team members is certainly not the characteristics of the level of service our team of associates strive to provide. I shall review this matter in-depth and conduct the necessary re-trainings once again with the team to ensure that such would not recur again in the future.

I certainly look forward to welcoming you back with us in the near dates to come and to give us the opportunity to restore your confidence with my team's hospitality and with Kota Kinabalu Marriott Hotel.