Promenade Hotel Apartments
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Promenade Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
View Hotel
Tang Dynasty Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
Hotel Deleeton(Kota Kinabalu)
  • Breakfast included
Storytel Kota Kinabalu(Kota Kinabalu)
  • Room Service
The Klagan Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
View Hotel
Imperial Boutec Hotel(Kota Kinabalu)
  • Room Service
Le Hotel Kota Kinabalu(Kota Kinabalu)
View Hotel
All reviewsapartment locatedkitchen facilitiesfilipino marketbasement parkingtown areabig familyqueen bedminute walkseafood restaurantnight marketshopping mallspacious roomstrategic locationmcdkotaratesconvenience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 25, 2010

KK was a really fun place!! but this was the worst part of the trip!! i would not say that it was unlivable but going back to the hotel each night was a dread. the toilets had a horrible and strong sewage smell that filled the whole room some times.

the cleaners kept the place clean but the smell just killed everything!

we also did not feel safe in the place. the price is low, but i would not recomend that you stay here beyond one night

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank sg_traveller89
Reviewed October 14, 2010

This place was completely miss represented by its website, when had booked over the internet to stay there for 3 nights. When we arrive we were completely disappointed with the standard and the condition of the apartment and the facilities in the building. We ended up cancelling our stay after the first night and found somewhere different to stay . I would highly recommend future travellers NOT to stay here is was very poor indeed.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
6  Thank mell023
Reviewed August 5, 2010

If you know what to expect before you arrive in accommodation it's often easier. Well, this place's location has been perfectly explained above. I didn't feel safe at first, what with all the signs around and the security, but i changed rooms so felt safer afterwards. The whole set of buildings comprising Promenade Hotel Apartments looks like it wants rubbing out and re-drawing again. The rooms are basic, very basic, tatty, opened in 1986 i believe and not decorated since. They supply nice bath towels but no hand towels for some reason. I couldnt get internet here so had to buy my own. If you want to use the swimming pool and/or gym it's not actually here, it's in the Promenade Hotel. I had to call maintenance out just about every day for one thing or another but at least they came. There is only a shower, some rooms have a bath, but the bath taps don't function with hot water, in fact, some rooms bath's don't have taps. U operate the shower by using a small tap on the boiler, which was a tad scary for me due to the fact u operate it with wet hands. But, the staff are very kind and i am having a wonderful time in this stunningly beautiful country. Good luck.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed February 12, 2010

This place was a big step up from backpackers at a similar price. I was on a tight budget. both reviews are correct it just depends what you are looking for. The rooms were very clean and this was the only hotel I stayed in Borneo where the sheets were changed every day. The beds were comfortable. We had a hot shower, although by no means luxury but all in all it was a great base as we were out and about every day. It was only a base to shower and sleep. I spent a lot of time on my own and once I had been in and out of the complex 1 or 2 times, I actually felt quiet safe with the security there. It was cheap, central and clean if your looking for class you will have to pay. I prefer to spend my money on eating out and my tours. I would definately stay here again for the price. I enjoy my privacy so am not keen on backpackers, this was perfect

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cazzxf7
Reviewed June 23, 2009

We booked the promenade apartments for 1 night only inbetween some flights. We arrived and its the big green building across the road from the Promenade Hotel. When you turn up it looks more like apartments which people permanantly live in - which I think most of the are.

Check in was ok, but the apartment block wasn't. You walk over to the lifts and there is a security man outside each lift area on the ground floor - this made us feel slightly wary. Then there are signs on the lifts saying , if you notice people loitering please tell security - which made the uneasy feeling even worse.

We got off at our floor and most of the rooms have bars over the doors, and its quite dark and dingy and doesnt feel very safe. We where not happy with it at all.

But once we got through the door it was better. The room was actually okey and we slept really well. But saying that the view was just of other rooms, and the bathroom was not nice - the shower didnt look like it would do much.

We wouldnt stay here again, Im sure you can find better hotels in KK at a similar price. The room it self was ok but I felt very uneasy walking to and from the room

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple