“Value for money”
Review of Grand Borneo Hotel

Grand Borneo Hotel
Ranked #61 of 92 Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
Reviewed December 21, 2013

The hotel is very convenient to shopping mall just going to back glass door from lobby.
Free shuttle from hotel to k.k city centre.
Should try the teh tarek and cheese banana fritters.
Half hour drive to and from airport.
Hotel staff are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank smad672
Insan S, Director of Sales at Grand Borneo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Thank you and we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I booked a gallary room with internal window (facing a wall) around RM165. Hotel and the room is clean and comfortable. The bathroom was big but the room was small. Aircond was too cold even i had made it to 30 degree celcius. -.- Provide water heater, mineral water, coffee and tea packets everyday. Breakfast was normal and there not many choices. Water in the indoor swimming pool was freezing cold! suggust they provide a heated swiming pool. :p Attached to 1Borneo shopping Mall and near to Universiti Malaysia Sabah, far from KK main town but can be easy accessible by public transport.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Insan S, Director of Sales at Grand Borneo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

We appreciate your feedback and have noted on your comments.

Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

I like the fact that it is attached to a mall. Condition of the room was okay. Food (buffet & catering) was satisfying. But facilities such as WiFi service was not accessible, especially at conference room (Vinusak hall). And some of the front reception staff were not friendly and approachable.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you and we appreciate your feedback. We have noted on the WIFI issues with our hotel and we are in the midst of finding a solutions to it. We apologize on the inconsistency of our service delivery and we have taken measures to rectify it. Regards

Reviewed November 30, 2013

The hotel was easy access to mall. If you do not want to explore KK then this is perfect for you. Easy access to the mall shopping around and eating is not a problem. Well, i' was disappointed with the service provided. Our check in was very slow despite we were the only customer at that time. Questions we asked but we had gotten no answers. The reception put up a long face with the "i don't care attitude". The corridor of our room was dusty and filthy. It was an unpleasant scene. Housekeeping to be blamed or customers who were irresponsible?

The room is small for deluxe superior. Is not roomy to fit 3 pax. For the price we pay, I will not stay here again. There are so many other choices for the same type of room in KK. It is not worth the value

{Note: During peak season this place is packed with mainland Chinese tourists. Phew... we were so lucky to bump into a few only. Room reservation is not a secured booking. The hotel will only confirm the booking 2 weeks prior to your booking date. Do have an alternative plan. Priority on room is given to tour group/ tourist from mainland China}.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

We appreciate your feedback. We have taken your comments seriously and have & will be taking steps to ensure it will not happen again. We do apologize for your inconveniences. Pleased be rest assured that all guaranteed bookings are secured.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I travel a lot and I do so with my computer as I own an Accommodation Guest House and need to answer emails and questions by guests. On that basis I need internet connection and it was on the basis that this hotel said that it has just that that I booked it.
On arrival I find out that there is NOT WiFi available in the rooms but you can get it in the Lobby - well I turned on my computer and could not get any WiFi in the Lobby either. This is a major inconvenience to me as I do not want to get dressed and go somewhere just to read emails or talk on Skype.
The front desk gave me a connection device to put in the USB port but I was told later that this was the wrong item and I could of course not use it to connect.
I managed to get onto the Internet from the Hotel's own computer just to show them that my receipt from the Hotel said that I had WiFi in the room but I never got any feedback from management over that issue either.
The room was OLD and WORN, I pulled the kettle plug out of the power point and the whole power point fell out. Furniture was worn and scratched and this was a DELUX ROOM - please!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: My tip would be to choose a room in another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank ElizabethSEQ

We are sorry for not replying to you earlier. We have noted and appreciate your comments on our product and services and we sincerely do apologize for the inconveniences. We have taken action on our internet access issues at the public areas and in the midst of sourcing for WIFI installations in all our guest rooms.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

17th floor hotel with only 3 small lifts....? Just imagine how much times were wasted just waiting to get into the lift only... room was quite ok, small but enough. The most disappointing part was that...it has no wi-fi in the room!! It used Internet cable...but mine was never working... the food was ok in the dining area...but it has small spaces...and quite crowded...hard to move around. The only good thing was that it is co-located next to the 1B shopping malls...which is so convenient... will i come again? No, thanks...I would rather stay in another hotel that has wi-fi..even though it's 2 star hotel... and with at least lots and bigger lifts...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Mohd O
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I was lucky that I only stayed for 1 night. Upon checked in I asked if the hotel offer a free parking, which the receptionist replied "yes". To my dismay, the free parking service was only offered for the guests attending functions at the hotel but it does not extend to the stayed-in guests I had to pay an enormous amount of parking fee due to this 'misunderstanding'.

For a regularly priced hotel, it lacks of other extra services - the tv channels are few, no wifi & because of the room location (in the middle of the building with no window), the signals for hand phones are very poor.

That shall be my first and last experience with the hotel and I would certainly not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business