this property is situated right at 1 borneo hypermall, which is about 30 minutes away from airport by taxi, and 15 minutes away from downtown. (taxi fixed rate from hotel to airport rm50, hotel to downtown rm30). free shuttle from mall to downtown every hour. hotel room size about 35 square meter, no room wifi, but free LAN access. toilet has bathtub/shower with separate toilet and bidet. outdoor pool is on the 6th floor, and MONTSPA in on the 2nd floor. free breakfast was satisfactory. however, international dinner buffet for rm75 was the worst dinner i ever tried for a 4-star hotel. quality of food was horrible, and selection limited to 4 hot dishes with no grilled section nor seafood. saw small roaches all over food counters. lobby has 2 MAC desktops 20 min/guest free use. local tours are also avail at lobby. hotel connects directly to upscale 1 borneo mall which was very convenient for shoppers. the mall has a newly open portugese resto called NANDO'S. absolutely a MUST TRY! peri-peri chicken marinated for 24 hours, grilled to perfection--the juiciest grilled chicken i ever tasted. mall has huge supermarket at basement. gigantic department store PARKSON first and second levels, (during our stay, they were celebrating their 26th anniversary, offering branded discounts from 50 to 70%--what a treat!). during ramadan, the mall also offers huge discounts. this 5-storey mall is considered the biggest mall in kota kinabalu with big screen cinema, shops range from upscale to mid-sized stalls. for tourists, most stalls offer additional 5% discount on top of the 50% off, just present passport. ground level near tunes hotel is a thai spa called thai odessey, absolutely a worthwhile experience, genuine thai therapists..something worth mentioning. check out time is 12 noon, i requested for a late check out, front desk staff, freddy, readily offered me till 2pm, what a guy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located within a 25-minute drive from the Kota Kinabalu International Airport, The Klagan Regency offers exceptional comfort and value in Kota Kinabalu. The hotel has direct access to 1Borneo Hypermall which houses a selection of over 300 shopping, leisure and dining outlets. The Klagan Regency is also an excellent venue for any events with the capacity to hold up to 1,800 persons. It's close proximity to many corporate and government offices as well as several tourist attractions in Kota Kinabalu, making this the preferred hotel for leisure and business travellers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Klagan Regency reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Kota Kinabalu 1borneo Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Accor Kota Kinabalu
- Kota Kinabalu Novotel
- The Klagan Regency Kota Kinabalu, Sabah