The usual Tune deal, including its labyrinthine pricing structure. Small room but OK, comfortable bed, good shower, good wifi, good price, but the room already looked rough around the edges, and the traffic from the highway was very noisy. And why on earth would most travelers choose to stay in such a remote place? I was driving back from up north with a plane to catch in the morning so I had no need to spend time in the city, which I already knew. But for first-time visitors, KK isn't pretty, but it's a fun city, with good eateries at all prices and great bars. The Tune hotel is out in the sticks, part of 1Borneo, a modern office and shopping complex a very long way away from the city. Reviewers mention a shuttle service to KK, but I never saw it nor was offered it. Of all the out-of-way locations of the Tune hotels I know (Kota Baru, Angeles City, even downtown KL), this is by far the most bizarre and inconvenient. Have a good look at the map and at your needs before you book!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located within East Malaysia's largest lifestyle mall and en-route to Mount Kinabalu - Borneo's highest peak, this select service hotel offers the basic essentials to guests looking for a good night's sleep and a place to re-energize - 5-star beds, heated power showers, clean rooms and 24-hour security. Customize your stay with add-on extras like in-room air-conditioning and wireless internet access. Book online early for best rates, always. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tune Hotel - 1Borneo, Kota Kinabalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tune Hotels .Com - 1borneo, Kota Kinabalu Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Tune Hotel Com
- Tune Hotel - 1Borneo, Kota Kinabalu Sabah