“Value for money”

Palm Garden IOI Resort City
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Putrajaya
Reviewed August 24, 2010

Great place to stay, with lots of out door activities, like tennis ,Squash Swimming,Paint ball and biking Golf at a very reasons charge of 75 MR Malaysian currancy which includes cart on weekdays and 85 MR on week-ends. The room service was very good and so was the lavish Breakfast. Facilities for drop and pick from the town (KL) free of cost. There is shuttle to a couple of shopping malls which is free drop and pickup, all said and dine it was a great stay and repeat the visit if I am in KL

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 2, 2010

Highly recommended for those of you who want to travel around Putrajaya ONLY! Not recommend for you who want to travel in KL. If you want to see the breathtaking views outside the city. Golf club in this hotel is very wide, good one I think. The receptionist is wormly welcome. The staffs will help you carry your bags to your rooms. Tip will be nice. They have buffet on the ground floor on Thursday (if I'm not wrong.) Party stuffs. For the room, I don't have to explain much. It's very great. The views from the window, the air conditioner, the bathroom (without a bathtub.) heater...so elegant. If you're there for business or meeting, this hotel is best suite for you.

Like I said it's very far from the city. If you want to go into the city, ask the receptionist for the free shuttle bus and get the xerox for the schedule. They will pick you up from the hotel to The Petronas Twin Towers, Other way, ask the receptionist the way to go to KLIA Transit. (I'm sorry I forget the way.) take only 20-30 minutes to city (KL Sentral.)

- Dani

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2009

I stayed there for 13 days. From 7th Nov until 19 Nov 2009. The room is ok. The view is nice.

My problem started from the 2nd day. The laundry service sucks BIG time. They wont pick it up for you even u have signed the form and left it on your bed. They took 2 days to wash my undies. And when they finally washed it, they keep it. I lost 4 of my branded undies and a branded polo Tess; i clearly written in the form sending those item to the laundry but they still denied it. After argue with the manager for few days, I ended up just give up.

The choice of food is very limited. The leftover from lunch will be carried forward for dinner. The Receptionist was rude. No newspaper in the morning even complain about it for 3 times. No towel after housekeeping, have to call to get one.

In short, the hotel management sucks BIG time.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank netgear123
Reviewed June 6, 2009

I stayed here while attending a workshop at the Marriott, which is literally next door. My initial reason for booking a room here was that rooms were cheaper than $100 and my organisation instructs all employees to book lodging for less than that amount. In fact, my room came to $82, taxes and breakfast included.

The hotel itself seemed rather deserted (much like the rest of the town, or what little I saw of it) but the room (a "Heliconia") was clean and well-appointed. What I liked about the hotel was that, compared to the Marriott, it is also built on a human scale. In the main section, rooms are arranged in a 5-storey block around a central courtyard that has a fountain playing in it, under a towering tree. The Marriott, on the other hand, is huge, and looks rather like a layer cake with glitzy chandeliers and marble floors in the cavernous lobby. Their service was impeccable (during the workshop, at least) but for the price I paid and the service I received at the Palm Garden, I was happy enough.

Service? Quick check-in and check-out. No long delays, maybe because the hotel was practically empty. Courteous and helpful staff. I also got an early check-in at no extra cost (despite being told beforehand that I would be charged for half a day). In my room, a malfunctioning iron was quickly replaced by housekeeping and another member of the staff gave me unlimited access to the internet at the hotel's business centre for free because the hotel Wify (proposed) had not yet been set up. The hotel has several other facilities, including a pool, spa, gym and even a golf course. Since I was there on work, however, I used none of them. Of the 4 restaurants on the premises, I used only the 24-hour cafe, which was also where buffet breakfasts were served. Quite a range but I can imagine that the menu would begin to pall after 3 days spent there.

The hotels offers free shuttle rides into Kuala Lumpur daily and has a taxi service on call. Getting to the hotel from KLIA is a bit of a stretch but hardly anyone apart from business travellers has reason to come to Putrajaya, the new administrative capital of Malaysia. But if you're staying in Putrajaya, and not for the scenery, this would be a logical choice.

(Apologies for the poor picture quality!)

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 14, 2008

I have stayed at this hotel because I need to go for an interview at Putrajaya with my friend as my guarantor. The receptionist was very nice and ask me whether I have been there before. Since it was my first time, (most probably) they give me a very nice room with no problem at all. Comfortable bed, clean room, reasonable service, breakfast buffet also very good. Though for me the room's rate was not cheap (my rate not cover to myr 200 ++) but overall it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2008

We checked in at the hotel in the afternoon and the orchid room given was excellent for the price. The TV channels although many but only one local channel had good transmission. We decided to extent our stay one more day but then our nightmare started. On the second day after coming back from our chores at around 1 pm we found that our room was not made up. I called the housekeeping and the reception 4 times but no one turned up. Finally, at 7pm I caught the housekeeping guys and told them to come immediately to my room to change the towels, fix the clogged drain, etc. They came with a supervisor and she apologised ...but damaged has been done. I told her that I have never stayed in a four star hotel with such a bad service! She apologised again and promised that things will improve. Whatever had happened, I may come back to this hotel because the surroundings are fantastic and I like the location.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2007

Overall you could find many places better than this to stay.

Palm Garden is located on the southern outskirts of KL, close to major highways. Whilst being accessible, there are not many attractions in the area. The hotel is situated next to a golf course however the planner/architect didn't use the setting to promote a relaxing atmosphere, instead there are lots of roads and car parks in the vicinity of the hotel. Besides the maintenance of the surroundings leaves something to be desired - ornamental water features in the hotel courtyard have been drained and the place looks a bit forlorn.

Rooms are large and quite nicely furnished. Despite billing itself as a business and leisure resort the broadband access in the rooms is limited and when we stayed didn't work.

I get the feeling the place isn't making money and is slowly sinking.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business