“Near to Alamanda Shopping, Nice Room, beside Lake Putrajaya!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Everly Putrajaya

The Everly Putrajaya
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Putrajaya
Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
“Near to Alamanda Shopping, Nice Room, beside Lake Putrajaya!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Hi all. I and my family was in Everly Putrajaya on 31 till 2 October. Hotel was clean and everything was new.

The receptionist was friendly but they need a little more training on managing the customer booking and check-in process. I think think system administrator or the IT people must review the system from time to time to make check-in process faster.

The toilet was very clean and we like the way decoration was made. But the hot and cold water need fine tuning cause there was time when the cold water supply seems to be cut off, and only hot water..reminded wife not to set the hot water to high when bathingthe child )

The best part is the bed, my wife praised the bed for giving him peacefull, great slumber at night and also when taking day naps with the children (while I was outside meeting with client )

Another thing about the location, superb!The Alamanda was just 5 minutes walk away , and my wife very conveniently walk with our lovely child to the Alamanda Shopping. Thus giving her precious time to spend his time with our children while I was out working. (Initially I planned to stay at Pullman Putrajaya, but on second thought decided to stay at Everly coz the good location and proximity to Alamanda)

Wifi was free, and I appreciate that whenever I need to check my email or facebook regarding works. Thunmbs up!:)

But there are drawback:-
1. I seldom see the security guard at the basement parking, sometime feel a bit unsecure , any outsider could come..anytime
2. There is no swimming pool guard, it would be better if you have one especially when children have swim there
3. Upon check-in we found soiled bed sheet and one pillow smelly, looks like it was not change bythe housekeeping person, so we call the housekeeping.Thankfully they came within 10 minutes :)

The food:-
Not so many choice of breakfast menu, but one was my wife and child favourite: The croissant

All of all I give Everly 8.5 out of 10, but still I think the price, location and the facilities still the best if not better than the other 4 star hotel in Malaysia.

Thumbs up, will stay again on my next visit to Putrajaya! :) We were happy while staying there! :) Good impression you leave us with! :) Keep up the good works, improve .. :)

Room Tip: Look for lake view, but be early coz they are hote selling view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EverlyRDM, Rooms Division Manager at The Everly Putrajaya, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Your positive comments are most welcome; however, feedback about our shortcomings is even more important. We already have teams who are working on ways to improve upon the issues you have highlighted.

Thanks once again for the good marks and I hope we can be of service to you and your family in the near future.

Best Wishes,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Colombo, Sri Lanka
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Spent 5 days and 4 nights at this new hotel.. Room was spacious and great room service though some of my friends on other floors complained that they didn't have room service for like 2 days.

I guess its a little understaffed at times as some guests have to take their own luggage to their rooms, no bellboys.

Food, with regards to breakfast I had each day was fabulous but really lacked variety. They should look at changing the items on the menu each day so customers like me staying for more than 2 days don't get bored with the food.

Also they need to have some way of offering guests with quick meal options when they return to the hotel later in the night.

Location if great and love the fact that its right next to a massive mall, though it was undergoing some construction which made it a bit difficult to access it from the hotels side.

Given that its a new hotel, I guess it has a long way to go.

Room Tip: Corner suites quaint and perfect if its just 2 people..
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MoAwesomeSauce
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We take your comments seriously and are working hard to improve and be consistent in all areas of service.

I hope we can be of service to you and your colleagues on your next visit to Putrajaya.

Kind Regards,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

This hotel is quite new, the bed is superb with spacious room. But i spotted coffee stain on the plate. need to do some rectification works in the toilet (hand bidet leaking). The safety box is not functioning or maybe the person before us lock the safety box and left.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,

I am glad you enjoyed your room and your stay. Your comments have been shared with the department concerned and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Every guest comment is an opportunity for us to improve our service.

I hope we can be of service to you again in the near future.

San Jose, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

I need to be at be at Putrajaya early the next day, that is the reason I choose this new hotel. Overall, the hotel is clean and new, but the service was very poor. The front office staff is not well trained and it took me 15 min to wait the queue with just one guest in front of me.

Since there are very little toiletries provided, I tried to call room service, asking for one. But there was no one answer the phone despite calling a few time. (1st time experience in my life staying in hotels)

Overall, I would say stay there for the geographical convenience, but expect the least for good services.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
EverlyRDM, Rooms Division Manager at The Everly Putrajaya, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

I am very sorry you did not receive the level of service you would expect. It is our standard to supply every room with a wide range of amenities so that our guests would not have to call for anything.

It is my responsibility to quickly bring all standards to the levels you would expect and I hope you will have time to respond to my personal email to you via Tripadvisor. Thank you for bringing the shortcomings to our attention.

Ipoh, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Good price for the spacious room with amenities and breakfast. New hotel with nice furniture and comfortable bedding. Conveniently located next to Alamanda shopping mall for food and walk around. There are nice and long pedestrian trails surrounding the area outside the hotel. I managed to do a 6km loop.

On the down side, the shower was not functioning very well. The water pressure was not consistent and there were occasions whereby I lost cold water in the middle of my bath, leaving me with only boiling hot water. The bathroom also didn't drain very well and there was pool of water after my bath. My two other colleagues had more critical issues with their toilet/bathroom and had to change few rooms to finally able to rest.

Overall a pleasant stay. Since the hotel is so new, I hope the management will look into the issue of poor maintenance and improving customer service as well as hospitality.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel and for highlighting the convenient location and comfortable furnishings.

Your comments about the plumbing is very important in helping us to resolve such problems. My apologies for the teething problems which we are working hard on to rectify.

It is our prime objective to quickly bring all standards to the levels you would expect of an international business class hotel.

Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

I book a deluxe room for 1 night stay. I didn't expect much but when i entered the hotel i was amazed by the design at the lobby. The infinity pool is awesome to at night. The room are spacious for 2 person with daybed for u to read books with extra cushion.

Other than that, nice view of the lake. The channels for TV are awesome too where they got the movies channel. Bathroom are ok but the pipe beside the toilet are not working so well and the shower door are a bit dangerous too. Oher than that spectacular!

And it was just 5min walk to Alamanda Shopping Mall. No need to drive. 1 thing that i dislike is during check out where they have 4 counters but only 1 are open and the staff also a bit clumsy and didn't know what to do. We have to queue up and take me 30min to check out. That's all and i recommend this hotel if u want serenity,new hotel in putrajaya and have a nearby mall.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Alisyalin
EverlyRDM, Rooms Division Manager at The Everly Putrajaya, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Alisyalin,

Thank you for your kind comments and feedback. Your feedback is very important in helping us to take corrective action in order to provide the level of service our guests expect of us.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Putrajaya.

Kind Regards,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

my husband and i together with our children aged between 9 yrs old to 3yrs old stayed there recently before flying back to UK. Rooms were ok, facing the lake. not very spacious for what we've requested, Junior Executive. But the views were amazing with the flying birds around as it was quite close to Wetland Park. Pool, suitable for children, not deep. Only downsize we were not been told they will be cleaning them that afternoon and had to request for it to be delayed until we used it. Apparently miscommunication between reception and maintenance as they didn't even know it will be clean that afternoon. However we were offered complementary breakfast the nxt morning... could make it more variety in the future as it was so basic. Walking distance about 3 mins to Alamanda, the shopping complex so it was a bonus.hopefully the hotel, as it hasn't even had their official launching yet will be better once it has. all the best.

Room Tip: request for rooms facing the lake, its amazing as it is quite close to Wetland Park =)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
EverlyRDM, Rooms Division Manager at The Everly Putrajaya, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your positive comments. I'm sorry you were not able to enjoy a swim under the warm sun before returning to London. It is our priority to improve our service delivery to meet your expectations.

Warmest Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Putrajaya
Dorsett Putrajaya
Hotel Bangi-Putrajaya
Cyberview Resort & Spa
Cyberview Resort & Spa
#1 of 4 in Cyberjaya

Been to The Everly Putrajaya? Share your experiences!