“Beautiful location”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Putrajaya
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Beautiful location”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Having spent a number of days in Seremban and Port Dickson, stayed here for one night before flying to Langkawi. Fantastic, from the minute we arrived in our hire car, met at the door by a young man who said he was the 'Car jockey' and duly parked our car for us. Lovely room overlooking some beautiful gardens. The room itself was up to Shangri-la standards and was luxurious. The swimming pool is out of this world, an infinity pool overlooking the city. We spent an hour there and were the only ones using it. Very much a business clientele hotel but still we found it amazing. Staff were great, so helpful about where to go and what to do. Free shuttle bus to a lovely shopping centre with lots of restaurants. Cannot comment on any of the hotel restaurants as we did not use them. A recommended hotel if you are flying from KLIA or just want to relax in great surroundings

Room Tip: Garden room at the back of the hotel, great views and sun on the balcony in the afternoon
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My stay was restful and rewarding. Staff are friendly and helpful. Room is clean and adequately equipped. However, car park is a bit far from lobby and have to walk up a slope but it is insignificant compared to the services and hospitality provided. Highly recommended for business trips.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Having always passed PJaya enroute to KL Sentral, I wanted to spend a day here just to explore what this area, previously an oil palm plantation, had blossomed into.

I chose this hotel and was glad I managed to tie this trip in with a birthday stay with a friend from KL.

Having been briefed by the DM at check in on the origins of this hotel, which began as an transit point for visiting dignitaries, one begins to appreciate how its present owner has taken pains to retain part of its past whilst improving it , in keeping with the Shangri-la spirit.

Just across the road from the hotel lies the park.

A parkview room allows one a good view of the area and the original Mosque, PM and got offices. It is pretty esp. when the lights come out at night. The room has the necessary amenities and it is a blend of the modern with a blast from the past or two eg. the CRT television set.

A special mention has to be made to the friendly and helpful staff.

If you have time , do try the boat trip around the lake starting from the Mosque, which introduces one to the infrastructure that is Putrajaya. The hotel offers shuttle services to and from the point of departure on a regular basis.

There is a shuttle service in the morning to its sister property in KL city centre.

If you wish to try something a little different , you may want to give this property a try.

Room Tip: Park View rooms on a higher floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Seremban, Malaysia
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I took my family here for a weekend. We had a great time. The staff were very courteous and helpful. One actually went out of her way to get us tickets to a cruise which was already fully booked. Will sure be back soon!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

3 Thank Saffy A
Sydney
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I was fortunate to get an upgrade to room 429 - The Presidential Suite - which was without doubt, the best room I have ever stayed in. Whilst the service was professional & friendly, the restaurant is in need of a refit. For example, at the breakfast buffet, the cut fruit was held in really cheap plastic containers - this is quite unusual for a Shangri-La Hotel in Asia.

Room Tip: It's hard to beat the Presidential Suite on level 4 !!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Muscat, Oman
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We wanted somewhere closer to the airport for an early flight after a few days in Kuala Lumpur. The hotel is rather dated, at least from the oustide, however as is usual with Shangri-La (at least in S.E. Asia) the service was excellent, and the rate offered as 'walk-in' matched the best I had seen on-line. The receptionist could not have been more courteous and helpful at check in and although the room we were given was a little dated, it was comfortable with a few nice features. I particularly liked the fern garden on the ground floor, and the pool area is very pleasant in the evening, thus overall the stay was very much better than I had initially expected.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Stephen A
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed September 9, 2013

In all my stays in Shangri-la & Traders, this location in Putrajaya was really out of my expectation. It's been years since I last stayed there. Going back there last weekend was supposed to provide me with some form of leisure and updates on what I've missed since my last visit to Shangri-la Putrajaya.

I was greeted by Angeline who made my stay there meaningful. Apart from her and some staff at the reception, service and facilities really has to change and improve.

The waiter that sent my Golden Circle amenities sent my stuff, I gave him a small tip as kind gesture. He didn't say anything and left without closing the door. Was the tip too small ?

I walked down the dining area at about 6.30 pm and was told "Sorry, no buffer dinner. The buffet only for a booked function but you can order ala-carte". I had to drive out 17 km out to town because there is nothing interesting or delicious in Putrajaya that gives you that desire to eat.

Room - size was ok. TV was an old boxed type and when resting on my bed, I could smell the old, watery, mushy smell of pungent water from the carpet. It was faint but I could swear on my sensitive nose that I can smell it.
Room touch-down service was good. Items used in the bathroom was well stocked.

Evening cocktail - OMG ! That is not evening cocktail. There was nothing served. You basically had to sit at the area near the reception and the waiter would come to you. I asked him what's on cocktail this evening and for beer - only Tiger nothing else. For soft drinks, there was no Ginger Ale but only Coke, Sprite and 100 plus if I was not mistaken. Cookies, things to eat during cocktail - NONE. Only peanuts. There was no menu given to me to show the selections available during evening cocktail. I've been to many Traders and Shangri-la as a Diamond member and Putrajaya Shangri-la evening cocktail was totally a waste of time and a let down.
(Double thumbs down for this).

Breakfast - Limited selection. Nothing surprising. Maybe due to the small number of guest, limited food was served. Eggs ? Omelettes ? Not nice. I asked for my usual scramble eggs with extra cheese. Yucks !! Not nice at all. Came served wet despite me saying fully cooked. Nasi Lemak - very dry. Sambal super hot and it killed the taste. I believe someone called for room service of Nasi Lemak and I saw the waiter taking the servings from the dishes out in display. I saw this cause the waiter took a plate and a bowl of nasi lemak, its sambal and anchovies and served this on a tray to be carried somewhere. Should the food for dining at the main restaurant and those ordered by customers served separately ?

Male Waiter at restaurant - never smiles. Looks like he's in a bad mood !!

Outdoor area - It does not give me the feeling that the outdoor facilities are well maintained. Walking around the hotel, shows an old-dated building. At the back of the building, outside of the dining area, there's lush greenery and lots of space. But it was just too quiet and I could not see even one security walking around. Is it safe ? Will you get robbed ? Beaten ? I could see some foreign workers sitting down near some shaded stop but apart from that, don't take the risk of walking with your partner alone. Security has to be beefed up.

Car park - limited. You have to walk far about 150 meters to the hotel. I don't think they can put more than 40 units of vehicles there at their parking area and there was no security manning the area during the day time.

In summary, this is the one Shangri-la I don't think I will go back to again until major improvements in facilities and services are done.

Room Tip: I had the room on the 4th floor. Nothing special to view outside. The plant at the balcony looks dea...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Putrajaya
Putrajaya Marriott Hotel
#1 of 5 in Cyberjaya
The Everly Putrajaya
The Everly Putrajaya
#4 of 9 in Putrajaya

Been to Putrajaya Shangri-La? Share your experiences!