Putrajaya Marriott Hotel
$88
$55
Pullman
  • Pool
Pulse Grande Hotel(Putrajaya)(Great Value!)
$65
Dorsett Putrajaya(Putrajaya)(Great Value!)
$60
$56
Priceline
D Boutique Hotel(Putrajaya)(Great Value!)
$33
$28
$72
$70
$38
Hotels.com
All reviewszest restaurantsummer palacethe executive loungehuge shopping malliskenderbusiness tripswimming poolhuge hotelfree shuttlebuffet dinnershuttle servicespacious roompleasant stayf bfront officechristophermustafa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed here as part of a church camp package in June, which is the peak school vacation period for Singaporeans clamouring to escape the frenetic island, a mere 4 hours drive away. If you're after peace and quiet, and prompt service, avoid this period. Shuttle buses were always full - I didn't even bother - and getting out to KL central via taxi was inconvenient. Even with a car, navigating the roads to get anywhere is nightmarish. Getting a taxi back from KL is another nightmare. Food was of acceptable quality (bread was excellent though), considering it was buffet style for almost 1000 people.

The massage was overpriced and the therapist did not have the languid experienced strokes I was expecting in a Marriott spa...I was the last client for the day, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Rooms are tired looking but functional. The air-con in my room could not be adjusted easily...it was either too hot or too cold.

If you're looking to explore KL as the main objective, I would recommend staying in a more central location. Convenient hotel for those wanting to stay near the KL International airport.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Spent a week and a half here on business. Hotel amenities are not bad - plenty of choice of places to eat and an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet with every option you can think of. The pool is lovely and they have a well equipped gym and you can have both almost to yourself.
The room I had was adequate but nothing special. It looked a bit tired and dated. The worst thing was the noise - you could hear the shower going in the next room which was really annoying. The card key mechanism for the door was a nightmare too. Every night I had to go to reception and get them to update the card as it took 10 - 15 attempts to get the door open.
The staff are all really nice, pleasant and attentive. Service at the pool was terrible though - waited 20 - 30 minutes for them to deliver 2 cokes and a bottle of water.
With a refurb this could be a much better hotel and worthy of the stars it carries.

Room Tip: Take an upgrade if offered
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Baxterdog8
Reviewed July 21, 2013

As a hotel that hold the brand of Marriott, Marriott Putrajaya does stand out to be a great place to stay. The spacious lobby is gives a warm- relaxing welcome.

Try to get a room at higher levels to have a better view of the landscape. If you are facing the golf course - you may be able to catch a glimpse of twin tower, from far of course...

There are a good number of restraurants in the hotel but not all of the restraurants are open on Sunday - at least not the Mexican-American Grill bar, which i find a little bit of dissapointment. Good thing is - there are other options available.

Not much local attractions within 3-5 km except the buildings of admistrations for local government. However, there are free shutter bus to shopping malls and eateries place.

As the hotel is obviously built for golfers, it is too much for a guest on business trip.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The staff were very polite and helpful. The room was very nice and the hotel lobby great. The club lounge was very nice too. I did not have a chance to spend alot of time but would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We chose this hotel due to it's location between KL and Purtajaya Presint 3, where we were running the local 16K road race. The exterior was very impressive, with a sweeping driveway, landscaped gardens, golf, sports cars like Ferraris lined up outside. We were pretty excited by this point, however, things went downhill from there.

When we checked in there was no record of our booking and I had to log in to my e-mail to prove we had one. They also couldn't find my rewards number on the system: they said the system had been "down". OK then. The reception hall was equally impressive with marble, gilt edged furniture and fittings.

We were given a room upgrade automatically but were later unimpressed due to the mouldy smell in the room. On further inspection, we traced it to the walls and could see black streaks on the wall above the bed; it looked like it had been wiped with a sponge. The bed was very comfy and as we planned to be out most of the time we didn't, only really sleeping and eating breakfast there, we didn't ask for a room change. The shower seal leaked which made the marble bathroom floor a bit treacherous! The overall layout and quality of finishing were good; just some general maintenance required to make everything ship-shape. On Day 2 we did not have replacement towels in the room (we had had to put our initial towels to the laundry due to being used for post-run clean-up and then using them to dry the floor of the bathroom. Housekeeping took 4 hours to respond and then stood there asking for the 4th towel to be handed over "in exchange"- what now- a limit of how many towels can be in the room at one time? The same thing happened the next day (we had to request towels) and when the towels came (after 3 calls to reception) they stank of smoke! Very poor in our opinion although the person who delivered it was very apologetic. Too late, by then we were pretty annoyed. How difficult can it be to leave fresh towels?? I said "FRESH".......we also didn't get free wifi in the room as advertised. They said only Marriot rewards members got it free, so again, them not finding me on the system meant we had to go to the main lobby to use the wifi (or pay for it). I'm a member so felt a bit put out having to spend money on what should have been complimentary. (note: they found me on the system AFTER we left and sent me an e-mail welcoming me to Marriot rewards when I have been a member for >6 years). Oh well.

On the upside, the Italian restaurant was very lovely and we had our anniversary dinner there after the concierge failed to understand our request to attend one of the restaurants in town. The restaurant was not very busy and serving prawns instead of monkfish wasn't great as I'm allergic to shellfish and the dinner menu said scampi ('normally monkfish tails). The starter and desserts were delightful tho and the kitchen obviously have a flair for preparing gourmet food. A live band were playing and came to the table and gave us a personal song of our choice, they were really good quality. The karaoke singers at the bar that night, weren't quite as good but it was more funny than awful.

The buffet breakfast was extensive with everything you could want on offer...and more! This was the highlight of our stay at Marriot IOI.

The shuttle bus was a little restrictive in that it only ran to KL/local shopping centre 3 times a day but taxis were easily available- the hotel charge a premium if you book through them but it is very convenient to just have this total charged to your room, so we opted for that, over the shuttle.

The spa was another little gem- beautiful setting, reasonable pricing although I asked for their firmest massage and explained that I wanted a deep tissue type massage. I got a very light, no pressure one which was nice, but not what I asked for.

We didn't have a lot of time to relay our experience to the receptionist on check-out as they had a problem using our HSBC debit card to settle the bill. However with a few tweaks, the stay could have been nearer 5 star and the hotel has a lot of potential. However unless you want to stay in Purtajaya or (once the huge super shopping complex is built) just want to shop nearby, there are many other high quality, top end chains in the same price bracket, closer to KL downtown. We probably won't be back unless it's a special offer or free prize.

As I write this, I feel that 3/5 is perhaps too generous.

Oh well.

Room Tip: Beware automatically accepting an upgrade- beware of smoking rooms/floors and check for signs of mould before unpacking
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank XChef
Ronnie_Ng_Comms_Mgr, General Manager at Putrajaya Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for alerting us to the shortfall that you have experienced with our check-in process, room condition and housekeeping services.

Inexcusably, we have conveyed your valuable feedback to all the departments concerned, thoroughly investigating all the points that you highlighted. To prevent a recurrence, we are determined to take concrete actions that address these shortcomings without delay.

We are delighted by your kind comment about our Italian restaurant, which will serve as an encouragement to the restaurant crew. Your feedback is a valuable source of learning for us to continuously improve our services, so that you could experience our hotel as it was meant to be.

Simon Yong,