Was here on a seminar for a few days. Food was decent, rooms were pretty good. But there were really a lot of other experiences that were rather dissatisfying, making the stay not a very pleasant one.
1. Enjoying my drinks at the bar in an air-conditioned setting, I was bitten by a mosquito. This is a first, across the many hotels that I've stayed in South East Asia.
2. Friends spotted a rat at the same bar, underneath one of its sofas. Shocking.
3. Requested for a toothbrush. Took a couple of reminders and a few hours. Runner gave me the blackest face I had ever seen.
4. Towels were not replenished - Actually I was contented re-using them and laid them at the same rack neatly, only for it to be taken away. Sigh. Bath time delayed.
5. Cigarette smoke. Oh my gosh. I can smell smoke everywhere. Even the airconditioning in my room reeks of 2nd hand smoke. I have slept at smoking hotels before, but this was probably THE WORST I had ever experienced, resulting in a bad night's sleep everyday. Visited my friend's room to check the air quality. Ditto.
6. Great for a full day seminar. Terrible location for shopping and tourist activities. Nearest shopping mall is Alamanda which is a good 15-20 mins away.
7. Besides the reception staff, most of the hotel staff I met consistently pulled long faces or were oblivious to your presence. A simple smile will make a hotel patron's day, for goodness sake.
To be frank, I had high expectations of a Marriott hotel, but this seriously does not cut it. For such a price, a hotel experience could certainly be better enjoyed at other places.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel has 380 elegant and spacious guestrooms, 73 Executive rooms and 35 exclusive suites. All rooms are regulated by international standards with the Revive(R) Bedding Collection of soft, silky, 300 thread count sheets, custom sheeted duvets, fluffy pillows and extra soft mattresses. All rooms feature a colour television with satellite channels, IDD telephone, Internet access, personal in-room safe, steam iron and ironing board, and bathrooms with a separate bath tub and glass shower cubicle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Marriott and Expedia so you can book your Putrajaya Marriott Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Putrajaya Hotel Putrajaya
- Putrajaya Marriott