“Did not live up to my expectations of a Marriott brand” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Putrajaya Marriott Hotel

Putrajaya Marriott Hotel
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Putrajaya
Singapore
“Did not live up to my expectations of a Marriott brand”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

Was here on a seminar for a few days. Food was decent, rooms were pretty good. But there were really a lot of other experiences that were rather dissatisfying, making the stay not a very pleasant one.

1. Enjoying my drinks at the bar in an air-conditioned setting, I was bitten by a mosquito. This is a first, across the many hotels that I've stayed in South East Asia.
2. Friends spotted a rat at the same bar, underneath one of its sofas. Shocking.
3. Requested for a toothbrush. Took a couple of reminders and a few hours. Runner gave me the blackest face I had ever seen.
4. Towels were not replenished - Actually I was contented re-using them and laid them at the same rack neatly, only for it to be taken away. Sigh. Bath time delayed.
5. Cigarette smoke. Oh my gosh. I can smell smoke everywhere. Even the airconditioning in my room reeks of 2nd hand smoke. I have slept at smoking hotels before, but this was probably THE WORST I had ever experienced, resulting in a bad night's sleep everyday. Visited my friend's room to check the air quality. Ditto.
6. Great for a full day seminar. Terrible location for shopping and tourist activities. Nearest shopping mall is Alamanda which is a good 15-20 mins away.
7. Besides the reception staff, most of the hotel staff I met consistently pulled long faces or were oblivious to your presence. A simple smile will make a hotel patron's day, for goodness sake.

To be frank, I had high expectations of a Marriott hotel, but this seriously does not cut it. For such a price, a hotel experience could certainly be better enjoyed at other places.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank hanselin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

If you live in the city and you want to go for a short break away from the hustle and bustle, and stress of city life, Marriott Putrajaya could be the place for you. It is located 35-45 minutes from KL city, yet isolated enough that you will have difficulties going out to nearby area. It has all the facilities you will need, swimming pool, gym, little gardens and even kiddy place. The food is average and a bit pricey but has quite a good variety. It is also very good for events such as meetings etc. i had a good stay at the hotel, attending meeting while enjoying myself as well.

• Stayed June 2013
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Good first

Best bit has to be the food / service.

We ate in the Italian restaurant one of the nights and it was good food and nice entertainment (we had singers come to our table as there was only one other couple in the restaurant. This was very nice as it was our wedding anniversary ( they didn't even know this so would have done this anyway).
Th breakfast is amazing, there really is something for everyone from eggs any way you want them to noodles where you pick what you want and they cook them for you. There really is a massive spread of food and the staff keep coming to clear up and offer you more tea & coffee. This was the highlight of the stay for me.

The bar is ok as well with some live music at night

The Hotel really is very nice as others have said. They must have spent a lot of money constructing it.

The bed very comfy, the Bed Linen was good quality

The Bad

Location, it is fa away from downtown so don't stay here if you want to explore KL otherwise you will spend a lot in taxis. We needed to be in Putrajaya on one of the days but also wanted to go shopping, sightseeing etc downtown.

Cost of the "Limousine" - the Hotel arrange taxi's for you however they are severely marked up in cost as they are classed as executive. Whilst the cars are better than the Red/Yellow Cabs, they are not much better than the Blue cabs and therefore i don't feel they are worth the extra cost. I love cars and don't consider a Proton Perdana V6 a Limo!!

Damp / mouldy room. The upgrade room we were given ( we paid for hill side and were upgraded to poolside as it was our first stay) had a damp problem unfortunately, you could see where they had cleaned the black mould from the ceiling and walls but could still smell it.

House keeping unfortunately let us down each day also as they would take the towels away but not replace them with clean ones meaning we needed to phone reception each time we came back to the hotel to request towels. This is a shame as the housekeeping was immaculate otherwise.

The wifi was difficult to get onto in the room so we had to sit in the lobby when we needed to do emails etc

I would go back but only if I was needing to be in Putajaya again. As you can see from my review, there are upsides and downsides.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights to attend a conference.

Room was spacious, bathroom too.

Everything was fine until housekeeping forgot to service my children's room.

One of my kid wasnt feeling well and was in the room when housekeeping knocks at 11:30am, my kid left their room at 12 noon and I specifically tell the housekeeper who was right in the corridor, getting in to clean the opposite room that we have vacated the room and she can now clean the room.

We got a shock at 10:00pm when we return that the room was not serviced. I was tired and angry and went down to complaint. I went into shouting mode when one of the guys in the reception said to me that i should have inform the reception when we vacate to room so they can call housekeeping to clean.

Hey... He made it sound as if its my fault, Isnt there a SOP for housekeeping to return to clean when rooms are occupied, moreover I have told that chap on the corridor right in front of our room? I have never shouted at any hotel ppl in all my years of travelling, it made me feel so bad.

Breakfast was OK, the nasi goreng kamung was exceptionally good.

Chinese restaurant food was horrible, beef hard as a rubber, dont waste your money there.

Would i come back? No.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Service is impeccable and the rooms are clean and spacious. I am here for 11 days this trip but have been here many times. The local is convenient and the prices are extremely reasonable. The staff is very friendly and professional. They have live entertainment in the lobby almost every night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Was at this property for close to one week for work, took my family as well and can't say one bad thing about our stay. Oh wait is it their fault that it t-stormed every afternoon?

I haven't been travelling in Asia lately and I've forgotten how committed hotels in Asia seem to be about customer service or it could just be that this hotel is an exception.

Had access to the concierge lounge due to my Marriott status and I've got to say the lounges in the US pale by comparison.

This is a very large hotel and many parts of it can run empty as it caters to the airport travellers and local Putrajaya government and business workers BUT from the fountain entrance to the grand lobby to the gardens to the lush truly resort like pool area this place is beautiful.

Our room was fantastic as well and well appointed.

Thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: Assume here that concierge floors are better than others. Then again there are suites as well in...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

I Stayed here back in January for work. I went for work and had meetings in both KL and Putrajaya. Luckily I had a colleague in the area who was able to drive everywhere. For the price, my room was fantastic and the view was great. I ate and had a few drinks at the bar downstairs and had room service one of the nights. Both were priced around what I'd expect. I'm kicking myself for not going in the pool which looked awesome.

Overall, the place was really great. The staff was very welcoming and professional. My only complaint would be that the WiFi cost extra and barely worked. Also, I paid for the breakfast but never tried it due to my schedule. I tried to catch the early part of it once but did not know where it was. I guess I could have called, but I thought it would be in the little directory book. Everything else was great though. I would recommend it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Putrajaya
Putrajaya Shangri-La
Cyberview Resort & Spa
Cyberview Resort & Spa
#1 of 4 in Cyberjaya
Sama-Sama Hotel KL International Airport

Been to Putrajaya Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!