“Rooms are 2 Stars”

Putrajaya Marriott Hotel
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Putrajaya
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Booked Resort retreat after busy five nights in Hilton so We can indulge ourselves in peace.
Did I mentioned PEACE OMG nothing like it, to start we got conected rooms an very poor noise insullation so I ended not having any sleep for two nights. Decided to ask for more quiet room and at no time very pleasent staff gave us room above pool on 9th floor. Stayed night and awaiting CHOPPER to take off, that was noise and vibration from pool side airconditioning units. Went back to Recepcion and again met some the most professional staff who upgrated us to top floor Golf Course side to rest for next two nights.We would like to highlight Mr Rikei Uramoto with exceptional knowledge and proffesionalisam that made us happy and also very friendly staff at Excecutive Lounge Iskander Raj and Mervin Raymond.
Management go and check rooms yourselves and please let me know your opinion.
Kind Regards Melly and Fadil

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Putrajaya Marriott Hotel

Reviewed October 29, 2011

My wife and I stayed here during a 24 hour stopover in Kuala Lumpur. We booked it as an alternative to travelling all the way into KL although the taxi ride seemed to go all the way around Putrajaya and was only fifteen minutes quicker (and 15 ringit cheaper) than heading into town. We arrived late at night and ordered fairly mediocre room service before heading for a shower. Trying all the taps in the bathroom, we couldn't get any water that was more than tepid but didn't want to change rooms having unpacked at 11.30pm. We hoped that it might be a temporary thing and be OK in the morning. It wasn't and when I mentioned it to the front desk I was politely asked if I knew how to use taps?!? That being said they did offer to put a note on their records giving us an upgrade next time (unlikely) that we visit. The hotel seems to be a long way from anywhere and getting a taxi required a long wait (25 mins). Be aware of that if you're heading to the airport. Breakfast in the room was good and the hotel has what appeared to be a good variety of eating choices. We won't be staying again though and would recommend heading into KL itself unless you had business in Putrajaya.

Room Tip: Check the taps as soon as you get into the room.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2011

The Marriott Putrajay is an excellent property with extremely friendly staff who will go out of their way to do anything you request. I was among a large group who were there from October 8, 2011 to October 15, 2011. We used their meeting rooms for presentation etc and everything was first class. Their breakfast is excellent with a wide variety of choices plus a selection of fresh juices which is done in front of you. The service in the restaurant was excellent and the staff was always smiling and took care of your food needs very professionally. I would recommend the hotel to anyone who wants to have a quiet holiday.
The only negative about the hotel is that it is far away from the city and with the traffic situation in KL it takes long to go to the city or for shopping.

Room Tip: I did not hear any complaints from other colleagues who were on different floors. Rooms are large wi...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I stayed here in August 2011 for 19 nights with my wife and 3 year old daughter on relocating to Malaysia. The first five nights were paid for by the company and on checking in I booked a further 5 nights as I knew I would not find accommodation in 5 days.

After check in we were shown to our room. We had been traveling for over 24 hours and really wanted to sleep. There was no bed in the room for our daughter. We called reception and enquired about this as it had been specified in the booking. We were told it was not on the booking although it was n the printed copy we had in our hand. LIES.

After nearly an hour waiting the bed was brought up to the room and just thrown in. We were left to make it up ourselves. At this stage we all needed bed so we got ready to put our heads down. I went to use the toilet before going to bed and was greeted with a foul blocked bowl that made me gag. We called reception and requested another room and were given a much smaller room after about 45 minutes. When I companied about the size of the room I was told that was all they had and to more or less take it or leave it. We were all to tired to argue so we left it.

Over the next few days things got worse. After the first 5 days we got a phone call to the room reminding us that check out was at 12 that day. When I informed the snotty lady that we had booked an additional 5 nights she said she had no record of same. She told me to come down and settle for the first 5 nights and we could book a further stay then.

I was livid and asked to speak to the manager and eventually one called me back to say the misunderstanding had been cleared up. No apology though.

At breakfast one morning my 3 year old accidentally spilled a glass of milk on the table and floor. I apologized profusely and began cleaning the table with napkins. The staff just looked at me and did nothing to help. I finished cleaning the table but had nothing to clean the floor. They left us sitting in the puddle for twenty minutes while the debated who would clean the floor. I have never felt so demeaned and my daughter was really upset by this. It seemed that none of the waiting staff wanted to clean the floor as "it was not their job".

The pool area is nice but there are very poor changing facilities which are located down a cockroach infested hallway. The food was ok. The coffee shop in the foyer was a complete rip off.

When the rooms were made up each day they were never done properly. Every day we were left short towels or the drinking water was not replenished or the tea and coffee making facilities were not cleaned or replenished.

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Don't book this hotel
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Dekari
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Just checked out from the hotel yesterday and it was a totally nightmare during our stay there. Firstly, we booked through agent for 4x triple-room. Before leaving to Putrajaya, we called up to the hotel to confirm our room arrangement so that 4x triple-room can be located near to each other. However, when we checked in, we were given 2x twin and 2x double rooms and not triple rooms (by the way, tooth brush is not provided in the room as well). Secondly, our worst experience was that one of the room 92X was filled with terrible smell and we found poo stains on the chair and carpet. Despite we called the cleaner to clean up the room, the smell was still unbearable. In the end, we have to change the room...Thirdly, we were not aware that our breakfast was located at another hall instead of Zest because we booked through agent. The hall looked terrible and dark, not to mention about the food..not appetizing at all. We topped up with money in order to have a good breakfast at Zest. Food variety was not a lot but the ambience was excellent. The hotel staffs at TC2 and Zest were very helpful. Lastly, we booked a taxi from the hotel, the taxi driver has a bad attitude and refused to take us to the actual location by alightling us outside the gate. We took 20 minutes to walk to the building! Overall, we did not enjoy our stay at the hotel, we suggest that the hotel rooms should have quality control measures before releasing to their guests.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Bruce7878
Reviewed October 3, 2011

The hotel is overall very well maintained. Free shuttle trips available and very proficient
Very unhappy with a waitress in Zest. Had complained to Mr Steven about them. Hope that management will not use them to serve if they are not up the mark as an excuse.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank auntiedoris
Reviewed September 11, 2011

The property was undergoing some renovation at that time, but that really only impacted the breakfast (it was served in one of the function rooms, rather than at the cafe).

Nothing special about the room, but service wasn't too bad (took only ten minutes for somone to stop by when I had problems with my TV). The property is starting to look it's age and has definitely seen better days. Hopefully the renovations will improve it.

The F&B outlets were limited and the quality was about average for a hotel restaurant. Being in Putrajaya, unless you have business here, it's not really friendly for any other type of activities.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
MarriottPutrajaya, General Manager at Putrajaya Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2011

Dear Traveler,

Warmest greetings from the Putrajaya Marriott Hotel & Spa!

Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking time to pen down your thoughts. It is when guest like you comment that we can look into the necessary measures to improve. The hotel is moving into its 10th year in operations hence, we can relate to your comments on the general outlook due to environmental factors. Facelift plans are in the pipeline and as these take plenty of planning for a hotel inventory such as ours, you will see visual improvements happening in stages.

We sincerely hope that this has not tarnished the good impression you had of the hotel as we are hoping that you will indeed return to stay with us at your next visit to Putrajaya.

Our sincere apologies once again.

Sincerely yours,