“Great value, close to airport, beautiful area, stessless”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Putrajaya
Reviewed October 17, 2010

The hotel is ideally situated near a beautiful lake where you can enjoy water sport.
The rooms vwere huge, clean. I understant. The place is very quiet, the hote operates a shuttle to KL city.
I had the opportunity to met the GM, a very friendly french guy which gave us a lot of tips about KL and Malaysia furthermore he knows very well sout east asia, very intersting chap and always ready to help you.
I warmly recommend this place and I will certainly go back there to see the F1 GP (the hotel is close to the track)

Tip: Try the restaurant "le bouchon" in KL, amazing atmosphere.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
floison, General Manager at Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2010

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

There are newer reviews for Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside

Reviewed October 12, 2010

Checked in on the weekend and after driving on the hot sun around Putrajaya. No bellman service offered and was just directed to the room on another block.
Room and cleanliness: The room is very odd with stains on the floor. It is totally difference from what the hotel shows in their web. I paid a promotional price so I was ready to accept a standard room, but not THIS Standard. The A/C is very weak and took whole day to cool off the room. There's no light in the bath tub. Surprisingly it a very odd location for a tub walled up with pebble wash stones and a small opening. Rang up immediately for the maintenance on their one touch service button but was not working. have to call the operator for assistance. After the 3rd call, I was quite fed up with the service and ask to see the General Manager and then the operator manage to get the Front Manager to assist. He was kind, well trained and offered for a room change to the main block the lotus wing instead of waiting further for the maintenance to arrive.

House keeping: It is very standard that five star hotel to provide face towel, mid size towel and large towel. For some reason, Pullman being a 5 star does not provide a tooth brush and a soap bar (only shower gel and shampoo) and we have to request it again and again. Frankly, I did not need to use all those bottle amenities but as a five star hotel Pullman should live up to its expectation.

F&B: Dinner buffet at RM 65++ per person, not value for money, even a sambal is consider a dish under the chafin dish. Tired looking mussels, local nasi campur, fusion decorated malay kuih for dessert was served. Maybe they don't expect any crowd, thats why most of the food are provide in a small portion on display. Expect staff serving coffee with out the tea spoon and sugar bowl.

Overall, hotel is good for the kids to enjoy swimming, kids club, if you can find someone to open it and a gym. Will recommend to any friends for their special CRAZY rates.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
floison, General Manager at Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed October 11, 2010

Having tried most of the branded hotels in KL, I wanted to go for something else that provided better value with a different experience. Having heard a lot about Putrajaya, I was curious to check it out and looked for hotels there, given that it only takes c. 25 minutes to drive to KL via E20. Having experienced the Pullman in Bangkok (great hotel) and based on the fact that this one was located by the lake, I decided to spend a couple of nights there -- and it was great. Rather than going for two rooms, we booked a two-bedroom serviced apartment and its comfort was fantastic: great beds, lots of space and a tasteful contemporary decoration. We had a couple of drinks with delicious satay at dusk at the Village and the combination of hills, lake and some very impressive architecture made for extremely peaceful and relaxing moments. The staff was helpful and kind at all times, especially the bell desk and room service. The hotel is somewhat of a maze with all its corridors and courtyards, but I guess it just adds to its charm: nothing beats a lakeside location in a serene environment after a long day in KL's hustle and bustle.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
floison, General Manager at Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2010

Reviewed October 4, 2010

We stayed at the Pullman because it was reasonably close to the airport.
The hotel architecture is pretty amazing although it seems it was built in a hurry. Our shower floor waste was blocked. We were there only one night so it didn't matter. We didn't have time to try out the pool but it looked amazing.

Staff were friendly. Maybe a little vague. There was a bit of a language barrier but that is to be expected in a foreign country.

I would only recommend one night stay in Putrajaya. It is all the time you need to check out the sites. Take the boat trip then head to the airport.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
floison, General Manager at Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2010

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay at The Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside and for sharing your comments with TripAdvisor visitors.
I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guest are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday.
Your kind words have been passed on to our team. This will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.

Reviewed August 6, 2010

I been to this resort last 2 weeks and what people say about this resort is totally untrue. This resort is a very unique resort and have a very large area to maintain. We arrive early before the check in time. The hotel was so busy and and lot of Chinese guests hanging around waiting to check out. I approached the reception desk and was handled by very polite & efficent front desk staff.(Thank you to Fitiri, Debbie & Tine!) My room was not ready as too early for us to check in. The front desk staff manage to get clean room within 30 minutes. They explain on the hotel facilities and promoted SPA massage as well the direction to our room. The room was so lovely! # 5201. Went to the B's restaurant for Lunch and instead al-carte, We enjoyed the buffet lunch as it quite interesting. Mixture of local dish and western. Went to so call Maritime Center opposite the hotel to enjoy thier water sports activities. Next day, we have our b'fast at the B's and it was a large group having breakfast here. Most of them from the tour group (which i think!). The food finished really fast. So the staff have to refill again and again. We check out around 11.00am and call the bell counter to collect our luggage, it was handle properly. Check-out process went smoothly, we request for taxi to the airport and was handled by ruzaime (!) Went to KLIA to catch our flight back to our country. Overall experience was very good. For sure I will be coming back...! Thank you to Pullman Putrajay for the great experience..!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TheTraveller4
Pugenes, The Management at Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2010

Greetings from Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside!

Thank you for your comment dated 6 August 2010. It is our fervent hope that the commendation will act as a motivational tool to our employees to further improve their level of service and efficiency while addressing guests’ need and requests.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to another opportunity where we can be of service to you in the very near future.

Reviewed August 3, 2010

Just had a department meeting there. Meeting hall is good. Staff servicing the meeting area is superb, the technicians; food caterers,etcccc.Suggestion for consideration - possibility of not serving tea breaks inside the meeting hall as the smell of food and caterers moving in and out can be distracting. Room is good and clean. Eating outlets are also good and we were rotated at different venues for our food which is a plus point for a hotel organising seminars/events. One staff to be singled out for extra mile in servicing customers is Mr Anil Kumar, the Director for F&B, he is seen everywhere. Not so positive is the location of the hotel, perhaps the place is still new and isolated. The hotel could have provided more night outlets to compensate the isolation.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Pugenes, The Management at Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2010

Greetings from Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside!

Thank you for your comment dated 3 August 2010. It is our fervent hope that the commendation will act as a motivational tool to our employees to further improve their level of service and efficiency while addressing guests’ need and requests.

We would like to assure you that we are looking into your points highlighted and these issues are being address to improve within our team.

Reviewed July 26, 2010

What a big let down after reading some great reviews on this site. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere, it is very inconvenient to get to places, you can only go via taxi but they don't run on meter, you need to bargain for fare. Although the area is remote but the hotel itself was full of convention delegates that packed the hotel cafe at lunch and breakfast. For those of us travelling for pleasure, it is such a nuisance, the gym and the pool were small considering the huge crowd that stayed there. The hotel staff were all rather young and most of them would give you the wide-eye look every time you asked a question. They rarely provided us with a straight answer, almost borderline rude when speaking to you, and not knowledgeable of areas around town. I ordered oat meal and wheat tost from the a la carte menu for breakfast. My husband ordered eggs, bacon etc. When he was about finished with his plate I got my toast - to start with, I was presented with only two pieces of rarely tosted wheat bread and a few more pieces of cold wheat french type of bread. I couldn't believe my eyes. I had to flag the restaurant manager down to ask him what happened. Without even uttering my first word of complaint, he seemed to understand what was bothering me and said he knew we ordered a la carte and that our food would be coming soon!! Incredible, I wasn't even complaining about the serving speed. I then explained my toast order and he quickly admitted that a side order of toast should not be this way. He then went off to toast my bread for me. Bless him. Then came the oat meal. I have a heaping big bowl of uncooked oat meal with a small jar of milk. All I could do was to ask the manager for more milk if I were to finish 1/3 of that bowl of oatmeal. That evening around 10 pm, I couldn't asleep as there was a lot of noise coming from the next room, I thought there was renovation going on. I called up the operator and asked for the duty manager. She refused to transfer me to the DM, and said she would tell him to handle my situation. I asked her how she was going to fix my problem, she kept saying that she would tell the DM. I finally lost my temper and insisted that I speak to the DM. The DM said that there wasn't renovation going on in the next room, they were shooting a commercial whatever and they planned to get down by 12 midnight and it was only for one night. He suggested he would change a room for me but I declined. My husband was asleep and I was going to pack up my things at that hour to change a room. He did quiet the noise next door in 15 mins. There were lots of irrating incidents taken place during our two- night stay, they managed to fix our problems but not without all the fuzz. It was a memorable stay for us and we would never stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Pugenes, The Management at Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2010

Greetings from Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside!

Thank you for your comment posted on 26 July 2010. We would like to assure you that we are looking into your points highlighted and these issues are being addressed to improve within our team, especially our Food & Beverage’s team.

As a token of apology, we would like to accord a complimentary upgrade to the next category for your next visit. We distinguish that this will not undo the unpleasant incident that you have encountered recently however, please be rest-assured that we will endeavor to ensure this incident will not re-occur again in the future.

It is our fervent hope that the commendation will act as a motivational tool to our employees to further improve their level of service and efficiency whilst addressing guests’ needs and requests especially during peak season as we are experiencing these few months.

Pulllman Putrajaya Lakeside

Also consider these accommodations in or near Putrajaya
Putrajaya Shangri-La
#4 of 9 in Putrajaya
Cyberview Resort & Spa
Cyberview Resort & Spa
#1 of 5 in Cyberjaya

Been to Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside? Share your experiences!