“Huge hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Putrajaya
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Huge hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Located quite far from Kuala Lumpur (at putrajaya area). The hotel area is very huge with perfect view and very cultural. Room is spacious with private balcony. Swimming pool not too big, I guess it is half of olympic size pool. Need more variety for dinner buffet, maybe can put more international food again. Overall, nice stay!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Irma L
Christophe K, General Manager at Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comment.

we are glad to know that you enjoyed the stay at our hotel. With regards to the food selections, We have given the feedback to our chef and team. The team will look into this matter.

Nevertheless, we hope to see you again here for us to be in better service to you.

Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Paphos, Cyprus
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

We visited the All day restaurant for lunch just over a week ago. There were 3 of us. We ordered 3 beers ...... Waited ages, in the end we had to ask another member of staff to bring them. The beers eventually arrived. All ordered pizza's. Waited ages ..... 3/4 hour. 2 arrived barely warm. The 3rd 15 mins later. By then 2 of us had finished eating. They were all less than average. No taste at all. So much for having lunch together. Shocking service. The restaurant was empty so god knows how they get on when they have customers! To top it off the credit card machine didn't work in the restaurant so had to go to the main lobby. That seemed to take for ever. Thought it was a soulless place .. Would hate to stay there. The management need to retrain the restaurant staff on service .

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank KiliGran
Christophe K, General Manager at Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write to us.

We are much regretful that you did not enjoyed the F&B served at our restaurant during your last visit to us. I've shared your review with fellow F&B managers on the delay of food delivering and rest assured that all to be well aware on this.

We hope to see you back here at Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside for us to serve you better.

Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside

Travelers are raving about these Putrajaya hotels

Shah Alam, Malaysia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

I have booked a room for a 1 nite weekend stay last weekend thru Agoda to celebrate my son 2nd birthday. Requested for a deluxe king family room with bath tub and lake view balcony. Arrived at 4pm for check in on 15 Feb 14. My room was not ready yet. The staff ushered us to the lounge for a welcome drink. Me, my husband and my two restless kids waited for 45 mins until our room is finally ready. Was given room 5209. It just like what i asked for accept for there is no bath tub. I called the front desk to complaint and the staff said that she will check on it. When i was about to take my shower, i realized that the shower is leaking and the water was coming out from the wall instead of the shower. Make another complaint and the janitor came in to confirm that the piping is broken inside the wall. I asked to be transferred to another room.The staff promise that our room will be ready when we came back from dinner. Came back from dinner about 11pm. The kids already sleeping. Was informed by the front desk that all our belongings has been transferred to room 2303. So surprise to find out that it was even smaller room with 1 king size bed and no bed for the kids. There is a bath tub but garden view instead of lake view. The lights are controlled by a single switch so very difficult to adjust the lighting. The bed post lamp bulb is also missing. To tired to make another complaint so all four of us squeezed onto the king size bed and sleep. Next morning i checked out with no intention of coming back again. So disappointed with experience which not even 5 stars, even angry since a middle income person like me paid so much for a 1 nite stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank fadhlinamdyasin
Christophe K, General Manager at Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

With regards to the room assignment and bathroom condition, the management has shared the concerns among the departments. Rest assured that corrective measures will be in place for intensive training on guest request and anticipation.

We valued your comments and hope to see you back here for us to serve you better.

Pasig, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

You will never know how beautiful pullman putrajaya hotel unless you come and visit it.
I never expected so much as pictures doesnt show how beautiful the place is.
The interior was unique. Location was so relaxing but too far from all the civilization. no interesting places to go nearby aside from a marina so called place beside the hotel which offers water sport activities.

I would just like to point out some issues like:
staffs are not helping in getting a metered taxi what they do instead is theyll book you automatically in their limousine service which is ofcourse a rip-off.
Staff were not really friendly at all. They dont greet you when they pass by you and even when you enter the hotel. Ive been all around the hotel meeting all the staff but no one dares to smile which gives me an impression that were not welcome. I guess the management should focus on giving a good training to their staff. The hotel is really amazing but it will be useless if they have poor staff etiquette.
I only commend ONE friendly staff which was at the B's restaurant reception. She was the only one who can be a good example of a well trained pullman staff.

It is a 5star hotel with a reasonable price but failed because of its staff.
The restaurant offers a good wide selection of food but just be careful of its holding temperature.
Food was a little cold.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Christophe K, General Manager at Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comment.

We are glad that you did enjoyed the serenade view of Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside. With regards to the service provided, we are in the midst of conducting frequent training to the team members. We would like to apology as you could not experience the warm hospitality instead.

Rest assured that your comments will be taken seriously by the management.

Nevertheless, we hope that you'll choose to stay with us again for us to be in better service to you.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

I have booked the room two days ago and it wasn't my first time staying there as i have registered it under my company's name due to P&C policy previously. So two days ago I went there to make sure the type of room that I choose and assured by the staffs that i will get the lotus room plus the honeymoon set up too coz today is a big day for my wife and i.
When i called the reservation dept, the male staff kept repeating to me that they couldn't find my reservation number and his tone was so rude on the phone. After the third time he has checked from the system, he then found my booking confirmation and he did not even asked me,"how can he helps me"? Yet he wanted to end my call without asking further. This such bad service has turned off my mood to celebrate the valentine's day today at this hotel. However, after sending emails to the Front Office Manager and to read the reviews here today, i hope they will honor their words in improving their services and hospitality. Moreover, it is Visit Malaysia Year 2014. I'm sure they can do better than this!!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Christophe K, General Manager at Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside, responded to this review, February 15, 2014

Thanks for your comment.

We are much regretful to know about your encounter with our Reservations team member. Rest assured that we will take corrective measures on this matter to improve on our service standard.

Much apology on your booking experience and we look forward to seeing you soon back to Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside for us to serve you better.

Widford
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

I had a two night stay at this hotel in February. I have been to KL a few times and fancied trying somewhere different so opted for this area (where a lot of government offices are). The hotel looks like it should be nice and the room showed a lot of promise when I first walked in, but from there on in, it was a bit average. The quality of finish isn't great, no minibar (fridge in the kitchen area but nothing in it), the sofa....well, I wasn't even brave enough to put my bags on it! The positives? The bed is really comfy, the bathroom is a nice design and the wifi isn't bad. I had room service dinner on my first night which was, in keeping with the rest of the hotel, average. As has been my experience at other hotels I've stayed at in Malaysia, the staff are fantastic and cannot do enough to help, but they are let down by the details...poor quality of finish in the rooms, details...the quick dial numbers not working on the phone. Would I stay here again? Should I ever have the need to be in this region of KL again I don't think I would, not when the Shangri-La is up the road at the same price.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank klinsmannj18
Christophe K, General Manager at Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind comments during your last stay with us.

We are much regretful to know that we did not keep up to your expectation in terms of the fine finishing in the room. We, however, would like to thank you for the kind compliments on our staff's service provided.

We are definitely looking forward to be able in a better service to you, should you be visiting Putrajaya again.

Thanks.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Huge hotel on lakeside which will host the Red Bull air race in May 2014. It was deathly quiet, almost no one around in the post Chinese NY lull.
Should cost less than 40MR in metered taxi but they might take you the long way round.
Like Canberra the place is dead unless there's some event on. Staff are friendly. Hotel fee to KLIA is $130MR which is gouging!
Overall it seems empty and no energy.
OK for a transit .

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Christophe K, General Manager at Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind review.

We hope your next visit to us will change your mind on Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside - the first premier 'Malaysian Iconic' hotel.

Thanks and we look forward to your next stay for a better staying experience.

Thanks again.

Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside
Also consider these accommodations in or near Putrajaya
Putrajaya Shangri-La
Cyberview Resort & Spa
Cyberview Resort & Spa
#1 of 4 in Cyberjaya
Sama-Sama Hotel KL International Airport

Been to Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside? Share your experiences!