“Great spot for Moto GP”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Putrajaya
Brisbane
“Great spot for Moto GP”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed for the Moto GP with lots of like minded travellers, would have been great if hotel had put on shuttles to track but otherwise an amazing place to stay, beautiful gardens to wander with lots of photo opps, great food for all meals morning to late night and the best staff i have encountered anywhere in Malaysia, efficient and warm friendly attention without being overwhelming, they got i just right !!! i will be back to stay again Janet Orange

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Loison, General Manager at Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Thank you for your comments. It is always great to hear from a satisfied customer. We value all feedback and continually strives to have happy customers.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We only stayed here for a few hours during our stopover in KL. But we wished we were staying here for more than a few hours. We just loved the hotel it felt like we were staying at a palace. We got upgraded to the suit which was amazing but shame we didnt stay there long. The room had everything you could want and need! We tried the spa which was fantastic after a 15 hour flight. Enjoyed this hotel and will return soon for a longer stay!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I am writing this immediately after arriving after a long drive from Singapore. Went up to the reception to register and asked about the possibility of (1) upgrading, at my cost, to a larger room, (2) an additional bed for my kid and (3) to quickly bring up my tri-bike to my room (which I should not have surrendered to the porter).

I had to ask twice before the receptionist volunteered that the hotel was fully booked and that there were no rooms available (no problem - acceptable reason). Took our luggage and went up to the room (navigating to the room was challenging). Got to the room and asked about the status of the additional bed and my bike. A merry-go-round with the receptionist-operator-receptionist-limousine officer (limo officer answered because the porter didn't pick up) ensued over the phone to get the additional bed for my kid and to get my bike sent up to me.

After a long discussion over the phone about the additional charges for an extra bed, I gave up and asked for additional blankets and pillows so that one of us could sleep on the floor. Gave up on waiting for my tri-bike so I went back down to the store-room to retrieve my bike on my own. Got back with the bike and waited (and I am still waiting) for the, extra blankets and pillows.

It's been an 1 hr+ since I checked in (and after writing this message - the blankets and pillows are still not in, no surprises)...not coming back to this hotel...ever...unless u point a gun to my head.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Loison, General Manager at Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
I will look into your comments with my team to ensure no further reoccurence. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Travelers are raving about these Putrajaya hotels

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My fiance and I stayed there as a stopover on the way back from Bali. The environment and interior hotel was huge. The staff was kind. The room was spacious and comfort. However, the area from lobby to our room are quite complicated. There have few different kind zone and didn't state clearly in the room card which is hard for guest to find room. Along the way to the room was dark and the lighting was not bright enough. However, overall service and room for staying are good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank meilina0107
Loison, General Manager at Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for your comments. Looking forward to your next visit.
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed at the Pullman Putrajaya as a stopover on the way back home from Phuket. I thought it would be convienent to stay between the aiport and town.
But that was all that it was, between the aiport and the city. It is located at the government district of Kuala Lumpur, which is a town on it's own. The area surrounding the hotel is quite modern and new, but there is nothing much to do.
You already have to take the shuttle bus to Kuala Lumpur or a nearby shoppingmal, to have some entertainment or outside food.

When arriving at the hotel, the staff is quite nice and friendly, but in the long run, I found them to be a bit lazy and chatty amongst eachother.
The building or buildings look all very nice, but I prefer the one building concept, so one doesn't have to go outside to go to the room, lobby or dinningroom.
The room we had looked ok with a very high ceiling, but it was not as big as expected.

For us breakfast was included and they actually had sufficient choice of food, asian and westernstyle. The breakfast place is actaully quite big and modern styled, it feels more like it caters for big tourgroups, which were or was there.

The 2 nice things about the hotel where actually for my daughter, which were the pool on one of the roofs and the kids playroom. You need to walk a bit for that, coz again you have to go outside for the playroom, but at least she could enjoy herself there.

In future I would probably frive the extra half hour and go to town or take the train from KLIA to town, which we had done in the past

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Loison, General Manager at Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for your comments and sorry to read that you did not like the hotel design and location.
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My family and I stayed here to watch MotoGP 2012 at the Sepang Circuit. The huge, explorable property with a plaza, ampitheatre, interior courts and multipe posh lounges was amazing. Drop off at the entrance, and you are greeted by a huge, inviting reception. The staff is very kind, and they speak quite fluent English. The rooms are quite clean, luxurious and relaxing. There are many amenities, including a game room (with pool, foosball, carrom, checkers, dart board, and a Wii), "kid's club", spa, swimming pool, bike rental, and an executive lounge. Location is alright - it isn't exactly near Kuala Lumpur, but there are many things to see in Putrajaya. My only complaint would be the food - breakfast may be free, (it was included in the package we booked) but the lunch and dinner at the hotel resto was way too expensive for us, so we had to find other places to eat. Even with its quirks, overall, my only regret was that we should've stayed longer. We will definitely go back here!

Room Tip: Try to request a lakeside view room with a balcony, to be able to see the beautiful lake.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Loison, General Manager at Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Putrajaya
Putrajaya Shangri-La
#4 of 9 in Putrajaya
Cyberview Resort & Spa
Cyberview Resort & Spa
#1 of 5 in Cyberjaya

Been to Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside? Share your experiences!