“Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside stay”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Putrajaya
A TripAdvisor Member
“Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside stay”
Reviewed March 22, 2011

I stayed here for one night. The hotel is supposed to be quite new but some of the finishing in the room are falling out like one of the glass panel for the wardrobe. The bathtub area is made of wood, and some water seep through into the floor near the bed. There are coffee stains on the floor and table is not clean. It is a waste as the hotel looked very grand with a castle theme. Location is a bit out of the way but ok if driving and there are shopping malls nearby. The bedsheets are not very clean though..

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Loison, General Manager at Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside, responded to this review, March 23, 2011
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside..I was quite disappointed to hear about the problems associated with your recent stay with us. There is simply no excuse for the failures on our part. It appears, that you did catch us at our worst, and for that I deeply apologize.
Rest assured that I shared your comments with our Department Heads concerned and immediate steps have been taken to ensure no further reoccurrence.
I am sure you recognize that your most recent experience is not typical of our usual high level of service. It is a great disappointment to me whenever we fail, but it is of particular concern to let down a valued guest.
Thank you once again for your constructive comments. These will certainly enable us to improve the quality of our services to better meet the needs of our guests.
I will be more than pleased to welcome you back in our property ; please give us a chance to recover the mistakes of your last stay by contacting me directly in order to arrange it personally.
Very best regards,
Franck Loison
Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed March 20, 2011

We really satisfied with service and employees. The food at B's was fresh and delicious--mixture of western and local dishes. I love to see beautiful sunset and breeze fresh air from my room in the balcony over the lakeside

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Loison, General Manager at Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside, responded to this review, March 21, 2011
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed March 11, 2011

Outstandign staff and facilities beside the lake. Between KL airports and city center.
Would recommend this hotel for stopover or anybody looking for a good value for money hotel rated five stars with leaisure and MICE facilities. Will return there !

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Loison, General Manager at Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside, responded to this review, March 19, 2011
Pyonyangshire
Reviewed March 3, 2011

I'm in the middle of a four-night stay, but I've more than made up my mind, and waiting till the end of the stay will probably mean a review that's too long and too full of profanity to be published.

This hotel markets itself as "the first Malaysian Icon hotel", located in what the Government calls "Multimedia Super Corridor", but obviously connectivity is not important enough for them to offer wi-fi in the rooms, or indeed an internet access system that doesn't require the guest to manually enter a new "access code" every 24 hours. However, things would 've been great had this been the only major problem with the hotel.

I thought I'd been quite fortunate for my arrival at the Putrajaya Sentral station to almost coincide with a shuttle, and the pick-up was on-time and very efficient. My lack wasn't going to last for much longer. I had booked an Executive Suite on an accor rate called "Mystery SurPRIZE", which includes a "mystery gift" on check-in and participation in a draw for a 3-night break in a "mystery location". The rates for Executive rooms and suites include internet access. As an A-club Gold member, I am entitled to an upgrade to the next available room category. Imagine, therefore, my surPRIZE when I inquired about the prize at check in, hoping to get a nice souvenir like a tie or something, to be told that my "prizes" had been internet access (which I had paid for through the rate) and an upgrade to the "Pullman suite" (which I would have gotten because of my gold card, which had been clearly visible in the reservation). When I pointed out that I was actually ENTITLED to both of these things, hence no prizes had been received, the duty manager just went blank saying "we merely draw these randomly" (and obviously don't care if you've already paid for them). He was also totally clueless about the draw (another staff member informed me the following day that it all happens electronically). To top it all off, he gave me deliberately misleading information about the public bus service that connects the hotel with the rest of the town (he said it "maybe comes once per hour", when it's a clearly-defined 30-min service running through most of the day). Funny how the hotel website also fails to publish details about the bus service- I trust this has to do with the hotel using non-metered taxis charging 30RM for the short ride into town (which, by my calculations, should be a metered fare of around 12RM).

The room was another surprize altogether- this must be the worst hotel room concept anywhere in the world. Through a maize of dark corridors, I arrived at a suite which was big and furnished in the most horrible "Indian plutocrat" kitsch taste, and also lacked a sofa (there was something like a very old-fashioned divan with nowhere to rest your back), a desk big enough to accommodate a laptop next to the large TV set, or even a bathroom door. Speaking of the bathroom, the toiletries in the hotel's best suite were underwhelming own-brand stuff. Housekeeping had forgotten to supply the room with slippers, and there was no obvious way to connect to the internet (excellent after the front-desk having done a song and dance about the "FREE" paid-for internet that I had). When I asked for a LAN cable, I was given one that wasn't long enough to reach the bed from the socket (and, as we already know, there was no sofa that could serve as an alternative, and the desk was also an iffy option). No internet, so I might as well go to sleep early. Here was where the room design came into a class of its own: the suite has access to two little balconies, and neither of the doors are sealed. Being in the countryside, that wouldn't have been much of a problem had the hotel not been right in the flight path for approach to KUL, the country's biggest airport. No problem, one would never go to a hotel for sleeping, right? The room appeared reasonably clean, but there was a switchboard in one of the cupboards, and that was full of rubbish and discarded bits of building materials. Nice!

The Executive Lounge is another design wonder. It has a grand total of ZERO plugs, presumably in keeping with the whole MSC concept. As a result of the lack of in-room internet, I took my stuff there (or rather to the sofa by the entrance to the lounge, where the only socket is located, which had actually been occupied by a floor lamp), and had mysteriously my camera broken and an SD card lost. I am not sure whether it was an accident by a hotel employee, another guest, or even myself- helpfully, the CCTV only looks at the inner part of the lounge and couldn't determine what had happened.

The breakfast is another revelation. The main restaurant wanted to charge me for an espresso until I started lifting the tone of my voice, and the Executive Lounge had no cheese available. When I requested some, I got some really sweaty stuff that had a little community of funghi growing on top of it (see pic). No spring onion or even plain onion available for scrambled eggs/omelette, and everything else chopped to oblivion and only used VERY sparingly. Hash browns only marginally warmer than room temp, dish variety abysmal in the E.L. and only marginally better in the main restaurant. Oh, and when I asked for an espresso macchiatto, the waiter of the E.L. looked at me as if I had descended from another planet. Surprisingly, the snacks available during evening cocktails in the Lounge are quite decent, though that doesn't stop the staff from having no idea about what Port wine is and/or awareness that they actually serve it (I only saw the bottle by accident!). The E.L. is supposed to be open until 23:00 for tea/coffee, but I had to have a 5-minute argument with the barman of the China Bar next to it in order to have a coffee at 21:00.

For the size of the hotel complex, the pool is too small and closes too early.

I do have to say that someone eventually found me a long LAN cable and that, after looking visibly worn-out by the lack of sleep and complaining about the situation, I did get moved to a more logically-designed room, which is in no way luxurious (e.g. no bath, only shower available), but at least allows me to get a bit of a rest. A nice touch about said room is that the housekeeping this time had remembered the slippers, but forgotten the Do Not Disturb/ Make Up Room tags. Goes to show that there really is some attention to detail evident in this place (just a different detail each time). It is remarkable that they decided to make up my room well before breakfast had finished, something that I find most annoying, as one may want to return to the room after b'fast in order to get their stuff together and prepare for the day (but I will concede that this is only a personal preference).

Well, that's it for now...do yourself a favour and never darken the door of this atrocious establishment!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank gr-araps
Loison, General Manager at Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside, responded to this review, March 8, 2011
Very best regards,
Franck Loison
Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside

Travelers are raving about these Putrajaya hotels

Melbourne
Reviewed March 3, 2011

Fantastic hotel in the Putrajaya. We loved this hotel from the moment we stepped in. The staff were so friendly and helpful and our room was perfect overlooking the lakeside and the water stadium. We spent a lot of time relaxing at the pool & having massage at Fit & Spa. Seriously this is one perfect place to stay and relax and even though I haven't stayed at any other Pullman Brand hotel but it would have to be one amazing place to beat.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Loison, General Manager at Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside, responded to this review, March 6, 2011
bali
Reviewed February 28, 2011

choose Pullman Putrajaya is a perfect choice when visiting Kuala Lumpur, although there are outside the city but the hotel Pullman offer the best thing for their guests.

I get a great room, and there is a balcony and enjoy the fresh air in the morning

one thing that must be considered by management is to provide free internet access in every room where I did not have to buy the internet voucher every day

food served at breakfast time is very good , and the taste is very delicious this because of the mix of western and east

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside
Also consider these accommodations in or near Putrajaya
Putrajaya Shangri-La
#3 of 9 in Putrajaya
The Everly Putrajaya
The Everly Putrajaya
#4 of 9 in Putrajaya

Been to Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside? Share your experiences!