“the new look of Sunway hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sunway Hotel Seberang Jaya Penang

Sunway Hotel Seberang Jaya Penang
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Perai
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“the new look of Sunway hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

i have been there long time ago but in october 2013 when i step in the lobby i was so amaze with the new look after the renowation done it look so difference from those the new ID are all white and green it so contempary . it look very nice and the rooms are all new it very nice it more to lime wash white the carpet are new even their bathroom are so much nicer that before
the service are great the buffet breakfast is good with wide spread of international and local the conciere are very helpful supplies us with hotel umbrella during heavyrain to the open car park and water pressure are very strong i stayed there for two night and i am so impress with the new look and the services rendered to us during my stay there . good job well done to the management and the team .

Room Tip: higher floor to have nicer view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SunwayHotel_SbrgJaya, Public Relations Manager at Sunway Hotel Seberang Jaya Penang, responded to this review, December 10, 2013

Greetings from Sunway Hotel Seberang Jaya.

Thank you for your amazing review. We are really glad that our newly refurbished look was impressed you and that you enjoyed the services rendered by our staffs. Your acknowledgement of our staff’s service is deeply appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sunway Hotel Seberang Jaya in near future.

The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have been staying in the same hotel i.e. Sunway Hotel, Seberang Perai for at least 8 years and I enjoy every minute of it. It is the staffs that make you welcome and feel at home. With internet facilities, though I am outstation, I still feel like I am in my office. The food is halal and varieties. The renovation is very futuristic and the environment is marvelous. What the hotel needs is a garden with colorful flowers.

Room Tip: corner room is more quiet
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

SunwayHotel_SbrgJaya, Public Relations Manager at Sunway Hotel Seberang Jaya Penang, responded to this review, November 28, 2013

Greetings from Sunway Hotel Seberang Jaya.

Thank you for your continuous support and the positive feedback. We are delightful to hear that you loved almost every aspect in our hotel especially our Internet facilities, newly refurbished rooms and the environment. Your encouraging review is indeed very much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you for another memorable stay with us.

Shanghai, Shanghai, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

We came across the hotel from agoda website.
We book the hotel as it is very near to the customers we are going to visit next day!

It turned out that the hotel is only 10minutes to my customer factory, really a plus for me!

The room was comfortable and breakfast was good.
It is also conveniently located in an area where we could find good seafood.
In addition, it is also close to NS highway which really worked best for us as we are driving to Perlis next morning!

Greetings from Sunway Hotel Seberang Jaya.

We are glad to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and found our location convenient with easy access to many areas as we are indeed situated in the centre of a vibrant hub.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in your next business trip.

Thank You.

Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

1) MISSING CONCIERGE
When the taxi from the airport dropped me off, there was nobody to greet me, and nobody to carry my two luggages up the stairs to the lobby. Thankfully the taxi driver assisted me.

2) SMOKING NON-SMOKING ROOMS
I enjoyed the room I stayed in, comfortable bed, all amenities in order. Clean (besides dirty phones which has stale saliva stench). However, to get to this decent non-smoking room, I had to request for a room change TWICE. First, I was given a non-smoking room in a non-smoking floor that stinks (very obvious that a guest had smoked in the bathroom), and then I was led to another room on a non-smoking floor where the corridor STINKS of smoke. The third room which I accepted simply because I was tired, was comfortable, though it was situated close to the end of the corridor away from the guests lifts, and at this end, it did smell of smoke, which left me thinking, do staff secretly smoke in the service lift area???

3) POOR QUALITY OF BANQUET STAFF
I used to love Sunway Hotel at Seberang Jaya, and every time I had to be there for work, I was thrilled, simply because I had the assurance that the banquet staff would be in tiptop shape and everything I need would be provided to ensure a successful event. However, in my last visit (Nov 8-10), I had to go to the event floor THREE TIMES before the room was opened for use, and there were NO PHONES on level 2, where the room was, and I had to go to the lobby to ask for assistance. When I went to the lobby, I asked that the room be unlocked and ready by the time I finish my breakfast. It was still locked when I finished breakfast. Frustrating! On top of that, the banquet staff was sleepy and missing in action most of the time. Cups and plates were not cleared immediately during tea breaks as the banquet staff was missing. The room was not refreshed during lunch and tea breaks (despite one reminder).

Nonetheless, there was ONE very helpful banquet staff who unfortunately was on duty only in the evening, and he refreshed the room for the second day of my event very well.

4)OVERALL
Generally frontline staff are trained to be courteous and friendly, especially those in the dining area. Yet, again, friendliness can't compensate efficiency and quality.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

SunwayHotel_SbrgJaya, Public Relations Manager at Sunway Hotel Seberang Jaya Penang, responded to this review, November 25, 2013

Greetings from Sunway Hotel Seberang Jaya.

Thank you for the detailed review you had written to us. Please accept our apologies for the shortcomings experienced during your recent stay with us. Your feedback indeed helps us to review our process internally in order to further improve our service.

Meanwhile, we appreciate for your kind understanding and patience with us.

Singapore, null, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Very accommodative and friendly Front Desk staff.
Breakfast was good with wide variety of food to choose from.
Room condition was good and bed very cozy.
Had a mini bar and the drinks and other tidbits were free to be eaten.
Friendly conceirge who made taxi booking hassle free for guests.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Greetings from Sunway Hotel Seberang Jaya.

Thank you for your positive comments of your experience at our hotel. We are glad that you found our services and facilities up to expectations. We will definitely share your kind notes with the entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sunway Hotel Seberang Jaya in the near future.

Surabaya, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

Overview:
I've been here several times, after the renovation, it become a nice and cozy hotel, room is clean, bathroom clean also, had a major change in decoration, its much brighter now.

Room:
room is clean, decoration is good and cozy,
only the bed that is not so good for my back, too soft.

Food:
Food is good and has lot of variety.

Convenience:
near shopping mall and lot of place for dinner.
taxi stand always available and can book earlier, this is very good.
its not in penang island which make weekend travel a bit costly, especially if you use taxi.

Facility:
no swimming pool, that's all

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Greetings from Sunway Hotel Seberang Jaya.

We are delighted to read that your overall stay with us met your expectations and it is always wonderful to hear of guests enjoying our newly refurbished products.

Once again, we thank you for your continuous support and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Business hotel, good shower / bathroom, good beds and clean. Easy to reach from highway.
Service is very good. Could use some more international TV channels like HBO, Super Sport etc.
Near to big shopping mall and plenty of restaurants, pub etc.
Not family hotel as there is no swimming pool. Spa has been closed.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

SunwayHotel_SbrgJaya, Public Relations Manager at Sunway Hotel Seberang Jaya Penang, responded to this review, November 21, 2013

Greetings from Sunway Hotel Seberang Jaya.

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are delighted that you recent stay with us went quite smoothly and that you found the location convenient. Please be assured we are continuously working to improve our facilities and service levels.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in near future.

The Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Perai
The Light Hotel Penang
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,628 reviews
The Royale Bintang Penang
The Royale Bintang Penang
#17 of 82 in George Town

Been to Sunway Hotel Seberang Jaya Penang? Share your experiences!