All reviewsshopping mallpenang islandclub roombusiness tripwalking distancebusiness hotelbreakfast spreadconvenient locationcomfortable bedcheck in processpremier roombird parkvalue for moneyfront officenasi kandarlots of restaurantscheck in was quick
Reviewed December 14, 2011

I've stayed for 6 days 5 nights during Chrismast eve celebration since I need to attend training course at Seberang Prai. Should there's no business reason, I don't think people would stay at the mainland. While I attended the course, my wife and kid enjoyed shopping at nearby Sunway Carnival. But surely the car is needed since its not that near.
First day arriving, we waited 15 minutes for bell boy to pick-up our luggages. Although the car park has ample space, its not covered and most are located out of viccinity. They reserved the covered carparks for their own top management and VViP (so, customer is not a King here).
Room- while others have upgraded to slim modern LCD TV, they're still with the bulky CRTs. Toilet-bathtub is generously big,can accomodate 2 adults at a time. No toothbrush,toothpaste, comb, shaver supplied.
Breakfast- generously variety of spread available. Lift services- too slow during peak hours, especially if they're seminars going on.
During my stay the staff are busy decorating at the lobby for the chrismass coming celebration. My kid is exposed to the working hazards without us being warn or the work area being isolated.
Overall, its only good for business trip, should you family accompanies you, opt for the new hotel (exora) that provides swimming pools for water activities enjoyment.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank BeachBoys_2011
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Was there for 2 nights, and the hotel is great. View from my room was blergh (the hotel is mainly facing some industrial area). The hotel is near a lot of eateries (mamak stalls and all that) and near a shopping mall, so those were some plusses.

Room was comfy and clean. Overall hotel condition was great. Breakfast spread was the usual fare and nothing really stood out.

But still, for a business trip, this hotel is a very good option.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2011

The hotel certainly exceeds my expectation from the cleanliness point. The location is good and the malls and eateries next to it r superb. No complaints.

I had booked for a king size non-smoking but at checkin, only the twin bed non smoking was available. So u need to be very clear making reservation.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2011

There isn't much hotel this side of Penang. If u want fancier hotels, u need to go back to the island. I need to visit a few customers on the mainland and wanted to be near, so I chose this hotel. I prepared myself for a "working, business hotel", but was worried as I don't know what to expect as it is the only one around in this area. But I am not too disappointed. It is a decent hotel at a reasonable rate, with good enough service. The room decor has local favour in good size, though nothing much to shout about. The toilet is also more practical than fancy, important thing it is working. The breakfast taste good, though without ur 5-star spread. Good thing is it is not too crowded so u can easily find a seat. Not sure of other facilities as I had not used any, but don't seem to be many. But they seem to have a good pub in the lobby. There was 1-2 days when there was a seminar in the hotel and the 2 lifts they had basically could not cope at all, with long queue of people waiting. Down the same stretch of road by the side, u can find many other eatery, with supermarket and shopping mall further down within walking distance.
Internet was also provided. All in all, if u need a basic business hotel with F&B outlets nearby, this is good enough.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business