“Still plenty to improve..”
Review of Ixora Hotel

Ixora Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Perai
Malaysia
“Still plenty to improve..”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed on the 7th floor for 2 nights. Good location, room is spacious and brightly lighted up. Though clean, the bed sheets, linen and towels were stained

Housekeeping staff and café waitress need to improve customer service skills. They hardly smile or greet, except for Fairuz whom tried his best to get us 2 firm pillows

The breakfast buffet was quite acceptable, however it was not much choice for lunch buffet

Great as a business hotel but definitely not geared towards family with young children as they don't have a baby bathing tub

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
IxoraHotel, Owner at Ixora Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay with us at Ixora Hotel. We are pleased that you found the spaciousness and facilities of the room to your satisfaction.

Please accept my apologies that some of the linen provided during your stay was below our usual quality. I have addressed your concerns with our Hotel Operations Manager and also our linen supplier and reviewed our internal procedure to ensure our standards are met at all times.

Do ask for bathtub on your next stay as it is available in higher room category. We look forward to welcome you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Vietnamese first
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed in a Deluxe Family room for 3 nights. The room was spacious, clean with modern facilities. Love the complimentary in-room bar and snacks. During our check in, the receptionist had been very helpful. They even served welcome drinks for us. Unfortunately, the other staffs seemed to be unfriendly and sometimes rude. So much for the so called '4-star hotel'! One more thing, I never been to a hotel where the staffs had their breakfast the same place with the hotel guests. The staffs really need to upgrade their skills in communicating with the hotel guests and please be a bit polite...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
IxoraHotel, Owner at Ixora Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for your review and it is good to hear that you enjoyed our rooms and the amenities.

We do apologise of the issues you experienced with the level of service you received from our staff. I will pass your comments onto the Hotel Operations Manager for their immediate attention.

We value all your comments and take them on board to offer the best service and value.

We would love to have you visit us again soon.

Travelers are raving about these Perai hotels

Klang Bah Kut Teh
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Had a week long stay during my recent business trip. Everyone was saying that this is the best hotel they had ever stay of all the business trips we travelled around Malaysia. Of course I must agree with them because most of the time we're staying in budget hotel or at most a 3-star property. Back to this hotel, I would say the location is quite strategic and there is a shopping mall beside this hotel. This hotel is quite near to Penang bridge so if you opt to travel to the island for a visit is definitely not a major issue but provided you must have a car to travel around to try the local food. Hotel room is spacious, clean, modern, air-conditioner is very cooling, touch and go security to access to the rooms, free wifi provided, security box, breakfast was good and comparable to Cititel Penang and Bayview Hotel in the island. This hotel is a much better choice for both business or family vacation as compare to the opposite road Pearl View Hotel which is a nightmare for me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The staffs are polite and helpful, food is good, better than lots of hotels, air condition of room is slightly noisy, but still able to sleep, gym room is provided but it will be great if able to provide more facilities like sauna and others :)

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Isaac46
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I had a one night stay at this hotel with their superior king room. The first impression of the hotel room was clean and spacious. The bed sheets were clean and the carpet did not stink. The bathroom was spacious. Most importantly, the whole room was brightly lit with many enough lights! Good thing for me as I love to have brighter rooms compared to the usual hotel rooms which have limited lamps only. Security at this hotel is good because you need to tap room card on the lift in order to press the floor number of your room. You can't even press other floors because your room card is programmed as such. So there is security for guests! There is a mall next to the hotel which provides some fast food and minor shopping. It is good to stay here if you're doing business somewhere nearby! Good buffet breakfast too!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank PuiYeng
IxoraHotel, Owner at Ixora Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear PuiYeng,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the room and found the breakfast was good. We wish you well and hope to see you again in the nearest future.

Thank you.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This hotel was actually booked for me by coincidence as another hotel I usually stayed in was fully booked. I was quite surprised by the modern and pleasant ambience of the lobby. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. The room I stayed in was also nicely furnished with complimentary coffee tea facilities. The size is quite big. Breakfast selection were quite substantial. The only thing is that wifi is only available at the lobby area. It is also located quite conveniently as my work was actually in the Kulim HiTech Park. Getting to the hiway there very easy and not much traffic in the morning. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Petaling Jaya, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Recently stayed a week at Ixora Hotel and find it be quite pleasant and clean. The room was clean, comfortable and well equipped. Was surprised that they provide new tooth brush everyday. The staff were friendly and security seems adequate. Although, there was one incident where my own slipper was missing from the room when i got back. Used the phone to call the manager and front desk but the line was always busy. Went to the front desk to speak to them and they said they will call me once the investigated this issue. Waited for 4 hours before they actually called me. The cleaners mistakenly took my slipper as one of their own and placed it in their cart. I expected it was an honest mistake as it was just a pair slipper and it was returned. I enjoyed my stay with them.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Perai
Sunway Hotel Seberang Jaya
Hotel Jen Penang by Shangri-La
E-Red Hotel Sunway
E-Red Hotel Sunway
#3 of 4 in Perai

Been to Ixora Hotel? Share your experiences!