“Great Little German Restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ingolf's Kneipe
Ranked #91 of 870 Restaurants in George Town
Cuisines: German, European
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Farallon, Panama
“Great Little German Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We discovered this place for lunch and it was awesome, I had the Meditterean salad and my husband had the pork patty, mashed potatoes with salad that both included a beverage. The price was fantastic and the food was really great. We went back for dinner and weren't disappointed, the food is very good, large portions and the prices are very reasonable, especially the specials and set meals. We both had the barbecued ribs that came with buttered kernel corn fresh fries and a salad, plus we ordered a side of the red cabbage that came with a beverage. Make reservations or come early as it was really busy and customers were waiting to get in. A nice place to sit snide or on the small street patio, will definitely be back to try another dish, like the Monday night special pork knuckles enough for two!

1 Thank Lovtravln

• Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
“Deftige deutsche Kuche”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

My partner loves German sausages and sauerkraut, and this is the place to go to in Penang for German bar food and German beer.

Not a place for toddlers though. There's also cigarette smoke on the lower level.

That was my fourth visit and I still like the food, but gourmet it is not and does not pretend to be.

There were four of us this time, and we ordered two starters to share, four mains, and four desserts. Three of us ordered the 'mushy red berries', a typical seasonal German dessert, and we loved it.

The portions were quite large, and the chef was generous with the greens that come with the mains.

The prices were on the high side, and the imported German beers cost almost as much as the mains.

Service was inconsistent, although friendly.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank sweetafton
Penang Island, Malaysia
“Great German Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

The food is excellent. Make sure you make your reservation before going if you want to get a good seat, this restaurant is usually full!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank PuiFern
San Francisco, California
“Pork Knuckle, Sausages, Weissbier”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

There is no other place that I like better than Ingolf's for hearty meats, and dark beer on tap.

The price is not cheap, but you get good value for money.

Plus, the pub like atmosphere is great on this strip of fun restaurants in Tanjung Bunga.

• Visited July 2012
Penang Island, Malaysia
“Bad Customer Service from the Restaurant Owner”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Was at this place for lunch many months ago with my wife and 3 year old kid. After ordering, my kid was sitting on the baby chair and making some noises on the baby chair using the cutlery. Suddenly, the owner barged out of the kitchen and shouted at us asking us to shut up and make the kid quiet. I was quite mad but his staff was quick to apologize for their boss actions. I told the service staff this will be the last time I'm coming to this place. Even my kid was noisy, he should have come and tell us nicely and not shouting at us. After all we are the customer.

Food wise is good value for the money for lunch and dinner and the portions are quite good and decent for the price.

Therefore even how good the food is, I will never go back this place again as the owner is a rude and crude person

• Visited March 2012