“A good value destination, in the City”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Passion of Kerala

Passion of Kerala
Ranked #266 of 881 Restaurants in George Town
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Malaysian
Good for: Families with children
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“A good value destination, in the City”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

We went to passion of Kerala for a Valentine's Day 'do'. A set meal of mixed Indian and Malay food. The food was good, although I am not a big Malay food fan. Drinks choices were limited, but we were allowed to bring our own wine, for a corkage fee. The restaurant lacks a little on ambience, but our group's numbers made up for that. I don't think I'd go out of my way for a second visit, but I know plenty of others who would recommend it.

• Visited February 2012

• Indonesian first
penang,Malaysia
“Good home cooked feel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

It is situated in a suburb. The food is very tasty. I go there if I crave for Keralan cuisine. I have been going here since my varsity day when it was called Innira's. It isn't 100 percent Keralan but somewhat Malaysianised keralan cuisine. There are another two branches in town. I have been to the one in New World Park. My guests enjoyed the fare there. I have not gone to the one in Burma Road.

“Not really Kerala!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

We were quite disappointed about the food here. The menu is rather short, and the taste is nothing compared to 'real' indian food - trust me, I have been there!
The banana leaf thing is nice, but all dishes we tried (chicken curry, fish curry, vegetables) were not really well blended. Only the spice level was good.

Better go to little india, much cheaper and lot tastier!

Penang, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
“Kerala banana-leaf meals”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2012

One of the better banana-leaf eateries. their curry is different tasting with strong hints of fresh coconut oils/milk being used.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Simpy Great Banana Leaf”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2012

Go hungry and you will roll out the door. We have been here on numerous occasions - every time we come to Penang and have never been disappointed. The fried fish is yummy and the deep fried bitter gourd delicious. Everything is so good that it is diffficult not to overeat

Visited January 2012